If there was one word I could use to describe Notre Dame it would be TRADITION.
We have soooo many traditions. Let me name a few:
1) The football players hitting the "Play Like a Champion Today" sign before heading out onto the field. (Students all get a chance to hit the sign before they graduate!)
2) Whoever you kiss under the Lyons arch is the person you will marry
3) Whoever you walk around the lakes with first is who you will marry
4) The ghost of George Gipp (the Gipper), our first All-American, haunts Washington Hall
5) The North Quad vs South Quad midnight snowball fight after the first big snow
6) Don't walk on the grass on God Quad or you will flunk your next test
7) Don't walk up the front steps of the Main Building or you won't graduate on time
8) You have to climb the Stepan Center geodesic dome before you graduate!
9) Rushing the field after big football victories
10) The seniors throw marshmallows during the fourth quarter of their last home football game
11) Midnight Drummers circle the night before home football games and the band/player parade on game day
12) Running through the Stonehenge fountain
13) Frosh.O Weekend serenading and the Domerfest all-night party for the new Freshmen
14) The Zahm Hall Bun Run (look it up)
15) The football team ALWAYS sings the Alma Mater with the student section after the game, win or lose. That is my favorite tradition.