New Hope Christian College, formerly known as Eugene Bible College, is a private, four-year Bible college located on a 36-acre (15 ha) campus in Eugene, Oregon, United States. The curriculum centers on the vocational application of Biblical training including pastoral studies, Christian counseling, Christian education, intercultural studies, worship arts and youth ministry.
The school was founded by Fred Hornshuh in 1925. It was part of the Open Bible Churches denomination which originated from two revival movements: the Bible Standard Conference, founded in Eugene in 1919, and the Open Bible Evangelistic Association, founded in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1932.
In 1974, the school moved to its current campus site at 2155 Bailey Hill Road, overlooking west Eugene. The hilltop location displays a 70-foot-tall (21 m) cross relocated from Skinner Butte on June 24, 1997.
In 2009, the school joined the Pacific Rim Christian College Consortium, a group of three other colleges in Honolulu, Myanmar and Japan founded by alumnus Wayne Cordeiro. Cordeiro was appointed chancellor when NHCC, then still Eugene Bible College, joined the consortium. The name was changed from Eugene Bible College to New Hope Christian College in June, 2010.
Accreditation and affiliation
New Hope Christian College is accredited by Association for Biblical Higher Education - ABHE. The school is affiliated with the Open Bible Standard Churches denomination and the church New Hope Christian Fellowship and incorporated by the State of Oregon.
The school's athletic teams compete as the Deacons in basketball, volleyball and soccer.
Description above from the Wikipedia article
Eugene Bible College
licensed under CC-BY-SA
full list of contributors
Community Pages are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, anyone associated with