What are some tips for applying for jobs while in college?
Apply early and often. Also attend the career fairs.
Here are a few:
1. Have a 1 page resume & possibly 1 or 2 LOR’s (Letters of Recommendation)
2. Dress properly
3. Be polite, don’t interrupt
4. A yes/no answer requires no explanation; no need to elaborate, unless they ask
5. Make it clear that not only are you qualified, want the job, & that you will be an asset to their co.
6. Applying early gives you a leg up
7. These tips also to job interview after college
Narrow down over 1,000,000 scholarships with personalized results.
Get matched to scholarships that are perfect for you!
EducationDynamics maintains business relationships with the schools it features. The sources for school statistics and data is the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System.
This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.