What should students know about studying abroad in South Africa?
Studying abroad in the UK is like studying abroad anywhere else.
1)Be safe, stay with the group you traveled with and have purpose and an interest in the specific area you are going to it helps minimize the overabundance of information you may receive
2) always have an idea of the weather
3) make sure your travel plans are in line with your destination because like the USA the UK is not a place it is a large body of 4 countries that you will want to have planned carefully to enjoy your journey
4) money exchange rate
5) power supply connectors
6) not forgetting a good camera with extra batteries to capture all the glory of your new friends and the sites
7) calling or skyping home, parents are nervous and want to know that you are ok (smile)
8) Having a Blast while you Learn
Since there are more diseases to catch there, more deadly animals & insects to avoid, they need to be aware of these well in advance. Also the basics like: how much financial aid will be available in advance, dates in, vacation times, dates out, where & with whom they’ll be living, costs of a travel pass, that any medical conditions or dietary restrictions will be met. They should have a checklist & make sure everything is checked off!
Narrow down over 1,000,000 scholarships with personalized results.
Get matched to scholarships that are perfect for you!
EducationDynamics maintains business relationships with the schools it features. The sources for school statistics and data is the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System.
This is an offer for educational opportunities that may lead to employment and not an offer for nor a guarantee of employment. Students should consult with a representative from the school they select to learn more about career opportunities in that field. Program outcomes vary according to each institution’s specific program curriculum. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The information on this site is for informational and research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.