Top 10 Things to Know About IUB sports
Indiana University Sports
Unigo Campus Rep at Indiana University
10. Tailgating is expected. Making it to the game is respected.
9. Do not walk through the tailgating field immediately following a game.
8. I repeat, do not walk through the tailgating field immediately following a game.
7. Layering for football games is key, as Indiana’s bipolar weather is at its ultimate peak during the season — 30 degrees one day, 72 the next.
6. None of us know what exactly a Hoosier is, but hey, at least we’re not the Syracuse Orangemen…
5. Seating for basketball season tickets is assigned and can be done in groups. It’s also done in lottery, so standing in line for an hour trying to hand in your group’s checks early to get “the good seats” will not necessarily get you “the good seats.”
4. Learn the cheers and actually do them at the games. People notice.
3. Both the football stadium and Assembly Hall are located on the absolute north end of campus, so if you are living on the south side, plan your day accordingly.
2. “For the safety of all patrons, the throwing of objects is prohibited in Assembly Hall. Patrons throwing objects will be ejected.” –Assembly Hall Fan Guide
1. Stand up old people.