Unigo Scholarship Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (Purchase does not improve one's chance of winning).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to UNITED STATES residents aged thirteen years and over. Employees, officers, directors, or representatives of Unigo, and their immediate families or other members of their households are not eligible.
2. HOW TO ENTER: All users registering for a Unigo account between 12:01 Eastern Time March 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59 Pacific Time February 28th 2012 will be entered to win a chance at Unigo’s monthly scholarship. Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win.
3. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: By registering for Unigo/entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations, and agree to release Unigo, and their respective employees, officers, agents and directors (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest and/or use or acceptance of any prize. By registering for Unigo/ entering this Contest, entrants also agree that Unigo is authorized to use the entrant’s name, likeness and biographical information in connection with the Contest, and/or Unigo in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, outside the United States and where this Contest is prohibited by law. Incomplete or lost submission attempts are disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, or unrecorded entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, and hardware or software failures of any kind. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise this Contest, Unigo reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest, and the right, but not the obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Contest site or these rules. Unigo reserves the right to share entry information with any other Released Parties and the general public.
5. WINNER SELECTION(S): The prize winner(s) will be those eligible individuals whose names are selected from among the eligible submissions by a qualified Unigo officer at the Unigo offices on or about the 30th of each month. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible submissions received. Selections will be conducted by Unigo whose decisions and interpretations of these Official Rules shall apply and be final and binding. The Released Parties are not responsible for lack of or improper enforcement of eligibility criteria.
Winners will be notified either by e-mail or telephone. If a winner cannot be reached or does not meet the below requirements within three (3) business days of attempted contact, Unigo reserves the right to disqualify the winner. In order to receive a prize, winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a publicity release, and may also be required to provide additional information (which may include, but not be limited to, social security or other tax information), waivers and releases. Winners will have fourteen (14) days to provide all such information and to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and/or publicity release (if required by Unigo). These documents will, among other things, release the Released Parties from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or the use or receipt of any prizes, and allow the use of the winner's name and likeness in connection with the Contest or Unigo. Failure to comply with the foregoing within the allotted time period, or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, may cause the winner to forfeit their prize.
6. ADVERTISING: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, winner's participation and acceptance of a prize will constitute permission for Unigo and the other Released Parties to use winner's name, likeness, and statements for any purpose in reference to the Contest and this promotion without additional compensation, consideration or consent.
7. PRIZES: Each selected winner will receive (the “Prize”). Prize is $1,000. The Prize is not transferable Unigo is not responsible for lost prize.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: All Federal, State and Local laws and regulations apply. Winners will be responsible for all Federal, State or other applicable taxes in connection with the receipt of prizes. Unigo reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest, or any party of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Unigo’s reasonable control compromises the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest as determined by Unigo in its sole discretion. Unigo reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations.
9. DISPUTES: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a person who has entered online, the entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider, an online service provider or any other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. GOVERNING LAW: LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree that the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, the interpretation of the Official Rules and Regulations, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York City (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees, court costs; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules and Regulations, please send a self- addressed, stamped envelope to Unigo, LLC at 386 Park Avenue South, 15th Floor New York, NY 10016, Attn: Mr. Joseph A. Flattery (WA and VT residents only may omit return postage). For a list of prize winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address referenced immediately above. All requests for a list of prize winners must be received no later than December 31, 2011.
Questions? Please email joe@Unigo.com_ for more information.