San Francisco, CA
Academy of Art University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Academy of Art University

Nikki

My classmates are very diverse , open, and interesting people: most of which are very eager to get ahead in our communal fiel...

My classmates are very diverse , open, and interesting people: most of which are very eager to get ahead in our communal field.

Though it's a hard feat at our early age as students, all I can say is this: know yourself and take your time. It's easy to make rash decisions in order to keep a leg in the competition that seems to continously surmount as we age, but I find it might be equally as detrimental when it comes to future success. I stayed behind and attended community college while a lot of friends went away. Shortly after high school I studied abroad in Britain. Both of those experiences helped me cultivate good student ethic, and opened my eyes to how grand life can be. I would suggest the same for anyone. Time and travel. (Not time travel.) These early years will inevitably be the hardest because they're the years that are the most uneven and least sercure. I think it's wise to sacrifice things right now (and stick with being your proverbial 'starving student'), to really focus on yourself as a person, your experiences, and what you want out of life. Life may be short, but it's the longest thing you'll ever do. Don't you want to do it right?

The only bad thing I can think of about the Academy of Art is how expensive it is. It makes it either impossible to afford or nerver racking when thinking about the debt that's consistently accruing. Also, the field I'm in is heavily involved with software, which is always changing and updating itself, and therefore is always expnesive. Aside from expense, though, the Academy is a great place.

Christina

It is scary starting new in college, but usually it?s the same format like all the other previous schools. The dorm life is very appealing, you live next to school, it is easier to make friends, and you have everything you need right next to the campus. But if you don?t have the money to pay both tuition and housing you might want to consider paying for a place outside of town with a form of transportation. Make sure you have an organized schedule, don?t waste so much time doing unnecessary things like watching television, browsing the internet, or going to parties. From time to time it?s okay but get down to business when you get a workload. To sum it all up, find a college which feels comfortable, make sure you go to open houses or tours so you can view the school, put your schoolwork first before any other activity, be open-minded and confident when starting a new year, and have fun learning new things. My first year of college was great because of how much I have grown and learned. It is shaky at first but it does get easier.

Exactly how many years it would really take to graduate with a BFA.

The amount of money they ask for tuition is insanely high. Plus as I have been seeing recently that money is being used on recreational things like basketball courts, skate parks, and baseball. Thing is not many use those facilities. Plus there seems to be a lot of unnecessary charges which have been running my wallet empty.

Monica

I would suggest taking life one year at a time, and not to expect perfection from the student. I would also suggest finding a University that offers a variety of majors so the student can dabble in everything, then decide where they want to head with their lives. Also, make sure that the student knows that if they want something bad enough, nothing can stop them, so even if you cannot afford the tuition, help them find a way!

I would say that financial aid is where my school lacks. I was barely able to amke it in this year, and I am terrified that the tuition will rise again. I feel like the school does not consider students with a poverty background, nor do they consider students without any co-signers for loans. The school gets so much money every year per student, and yet it barely returns any of that money to the students in financial need.

I would consider the diversity at my school to be its best attribute. Every where you go, and every class you have there are so many people form so many different places all around the world. Also, the professors are incredibly diverse in origin and in teaching methods. I love being able to learn from so many different aspects, and being able to converse with such a diverse student population.

Cescilia

As a student who chose to go across the country for school my advice to other students would be if you've thought about going away for school or are contemplating going away for school then do it. It is not often that you'd get a chance to leave home to be on your own in a new city with new friends for school. My advice to the parents and the students would be to make sure you know the area that you'd be living in asuming that you are going out of state for school. I've noticed that many students don't know what they are getting into until they are here and become overwelmed. To the parents if your child(ren) are going away for school make sure to give them space. I realise that as parents you want to know what your child(ren) are up to but they might get acclimated before they can find the right rythem for themselves.

Being that I am from Miami, FL. most of my friends and I had dreamt about what California would be like, to go from coast to coast. Now that I live in San Francisco as well as in the heart of downtown San Francisco I don't pass up the chance to tell my friends where I live and that my school is all around me. The Academy of Art has campuses all over the city and I don't pass up the chace to mention some of the places where the campuses are located.

In my opinion based on observations people that are closed minded or from a place where football games and school spirt is their number one thing would not like Academy of Art. This school very quickly breaks you down meaning that if you are not one to do work or be sure of why you are here then you are not going to graduate in this university. People who are frightened of big cities and the things that come along with big cities should not attend the Academy of Art considering that it's located in downtown San Francisco.

Virgil

Very open minded and diverse university!

Very open minded and diverse university!

Make sure you think about it carefully and surely, Because you are going To want to Get your Money worth. Make sure it it's right for you.

The food because its so unhealthy For you!

Sharlynn

Its focus on the arts. Its fabulous location smack dab in the middle of San Francisco. It is a very reputable art school

Students, overachieving is fine but know your limitations. Choose the college that is demographically, socially, and acedemically right for you. Once you've made your choice, make it a point to visit your potential college. Observe the enviornment, ask questions and take a campus tour. Talk with a school representative to futher clarify any lingering questions you may have. Most importantly, talk with your parents about where and how realistic it will be financially for you to attend the college of your choice . Parents, your child will have limitations and may not perform to your expectations. Letting your child make decisions on their own will help to usher them into adulthood and ultimately allow them to gain the skills of independence. Most importantly, get informed on financial aid , the sooner the better! Worrying about tution is every parents nightmare. Prepare yourself by doing your homework about financial aid! No matter where you attend school, remember that college is more than an academic institution. It's a life learning tool. Enjoy your enviornment and cherish your social interactions. Embrace your friends and professors just as much as you embrace your education. Do not overlook experiencing life as it unfolds!

That it would cost so much to go here. After paying for books, materials and tuition there's no money left! You're going to be pretty broke if you go here!

Work together to explore all the options available. Communicate with each other so that everyone is on the same page with what the student wants to accomplish. Never be afraid to ask questions, interview school staff and financial advisors-it is never a waste of time to tour schools you are interested in. Its also well worth the time to thoroughly research each school of interest to be sure they offer all the options you want.

The broad selection of classes befitting each major, as well as the support and reputation of both student networking and instructor guidance in helping students to reach thier goals, including major job opportunites and internships.

How much I am learning, how cool and fun the entire experience is and how far my skills have developed in just 2 years time, as well as how lucky I am to be pursuing a career path that is truly fulfilling to me.

Take the tours and be selective. They need you as much as you need them. How is the campus life? Do you feel comfortable with the pace of the city or suburbs? Check out the faculty. Become allies with your teachers. If they are professionals in the industry, even better. They have real life experience and wisdom in your field. Look at the job placement ratio. Where the graduates and alumni working? The school should be proud of this and have it displayed. Are they networking with other industry professionals? Do they have portfolio reviews or job fairs from well respected companies? Your goal is to get paid for your hard work here. Focus on your priorities. Set realistic goals. Put school before partying. Stay healthy. Workout and try to eat right. Have hobbies outside the classroom to help you decompress. Prove yourself. Ask questions. A ton of them. Take chances. If you fail, don't regret it but learn from it. You live once and your wont get these years back. Be open minded and don't be afraid of new ideas. Being talented and humble will get you far. Smile.

I wish I would have known it was going to take longer than the 4 year program they had outlined. I went way over my head in loans to attend this school.

The worst thing is the administrative department. They treat you like a dollar sign and only want your money. There is no grace when it comes to dealing with this department.

Shana

My schools unique in that it fosters your creativity and animation beyond any other programs in schools I have seen. They actually want to see you think outside the box, they want to see new and inventive ideas and support them fully.

I would say that no matter what college you choose take a least a one week trip there before hand to get a handle on the environment as well as the economic status. This will give you a better understanding of the financial burden that will be coming as well as the speed of the environment in which you will be learning. Everything is about experiencing things for the first time, but it can be overwhelming. Its always best to scout out a situation before you buy into it.

I wish I had the understanding of what the economic situation was so that I would have been able to better plan for the expenses I was taking on a daily basis.

Academy of Art University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.