San Francisco, CA
Academy of Art University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Academy of Art University

Zachry

As a high school senior, I was determined to take on the world head first, but I had always expected to have everything somewhat handed to me. It was not necessarily a matter of laziness, but more of a "victim of naivety" one. I was oblivious to the realities of the world beyond grade school - a place I had felt I blazed right through - so I believed that things would just happen without much of an effort on my part...a hard lesson I would soon learn. Classes were harder and work loads were heavier. Stress became a real factor, and so did disappointment and regret. Confidence is the key to success, yes, but you have to combine it with a headstrong work ethic or you will not achieve what you want to in life. Everyone says that high school is where you find out who you are, but to my graduate-to-be self I say this: your entire perspective on your life and career are about to change and for the better. Stay confident, but go forward with the drive to take charge of your dreams. Dream hard, live hard, but most importantly, work hard.

The school's location is far from where I currently reside, but that is the only downside that I have observed.

The academy is perfect for creative-minded individuals who long to gain the knowledge and skills that they need to succeed in a career in art. The programs combine art and business, which allows a student to channel their creativity into a specific field that will land them jobs outside of graduation.

Daneal

I would tell myself to start brushing up or getting started learning Chinese or Korean for that could be helpful because you will get a Chinese roommate who doesn't speak English very well and make friends with a lot of Koreans, some of which are girls you might get a crush on. Make sure you work hard and don't slack off and do much better. Also heads up your Game 3D Production will be your worst class and a total nightmare. For your scripting final try a Rock'Em Sockem Robot game or something simplier your actual final was a total mess because you/me tried to do something too big for a starter class and make sure you put time and effort into it. Start attending the Analysis of Form workshops as early as possible you get to meet Ms. Yuka and Satomi there and get to know them early. Also hang out with your new friends you meet down there more often and go out with them for you may not be seeing them in the upcoming. Also, ignore Wenyi and Vickney its not worth it. Also be careful Nora is really shy and pretty paranoid.

Its an art school so its mainly for artistic students or students with a strong sense of art, style, creativity, and looking for inspiration. However, not everyone has to be artistic, it would help, as skills like programming and advertising can play a role. Also, this school works with two types of artistics: the visual ones with skills in physical art and design (fashion, fine art, illustration) and the technical side that tests one skills of using various software and computer programs (game programming, animation, web design) all to make art.

I guess students who aren't very dedicated. This school is hard and doesn't play around. If you don't get your act together you will fail your classes. I passed all my classes but I seen so many students fail classes that I passed and even dropped out. This school has a graduation rate of 10% per year so its rough. The stuff you will be doing will be hard but the school is fair when it comes to failing classes allowing you to make up the lost credits but will cost more to your tuition.

Chelsea

Academy of art university is a school that is providing me with skillsets I need to not only succeed, but be the absolute best in my field of Visual Development.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would try to warn myself of the finacial hardships that were going to accompany trying to accomplish my dreams. I always knew there were going to be price tags on my education, but I never had any idea of how hard my father was going to be on me because of it. The amount of stress that has put me through in the last half a year has been almost unbearable, but even so, I don't want to warn my younger self about that. I feel like if I warned her about the money strain, my father and her can plan more accordingly and she won't ever have to feel the pain I've felt from my father's harsh words and disappointment. At that time, my dad had complete faith in me and full support in my dreams. It was only when he realized what it was going to cost him that his expectations of me changed, his faith in me waivered, and his words became harsh. I would leave her with a wish of good luck and hope things would improve.

The school is incredibly expensive and having to pay for that every couple of months has put a huge strain on my father's finances and that in turn has put strain on me. My father has been especially hard on me to do especially well in my classes because of the large amount of money he has to pay to have me attend classes at the university. I have greatly enjoyed my classes, but my father's lack of faith in my ability to do well, stems from the amount of money he has to pay for my classes.

Holly

I would tell myself to take things slower and do much more research on universities. I would also tell myself to do some serious soul searching before taking the jump into a major I shouldn't have started in the first place.

The best thing about AAU are the instructors. The instructor are or have already worked in your desired field of study, such as animation, illustration, television, etc. While there are a few instructors that aren't so great, the majority are extremely knowledgeable and wear their passion on their sleeve.

I mainly brag about industries like Dreamworks or Pixar coming to visit the campus.

Queenett

I think that anybody can attend this school, unless your major is science then NO you can not attend this school. If you are not a person with an imaginary mind the school will change that for you and give you an even bigger mind of what you would like to know and study. If your good at communicating in so many ways (ex. in english or foreign languages or in acting, or in any other courses) than you are perfect for this school. I hope that people who are interested in arts should regard my school Thanks so much.

I haven't been to my school yet, but i think that my school is really awesome and that there is nothing that will make it seem so frustrating as long as you know what it is that you want once you apply there to study then there is a lesser chance of you dopping out or changing subjects which would cost you a lot of extra money and no one wants to do that especially not in college. I really don't see anything wrong, I like my school and that is why i have decided to attend it.

Karri

I have not actually attended my school yet but what I can tell you is that everyone I have spoken to has made it known that my success is their goal. The staff have been helpful, kind and encouraging. In the short time I have been in contact with them they have made me feel relaxed as I navigate going back to school after so many years away.

The choices we make in life always have an effect on our future and while I would never regret the choice that led me to my amazing husband and gave us two beautiful children, I have always wished I never dropped out of college. Now here I am at 43 years old attempting to juggle my schedule as a full time wife and mother with my 40+ hour a week job and attend school at least part time. As excitied as I am of this new turn my life has taken, I know that if I had only made the decision to stay in school 23 years ago obtaining my education would have been so much easier. In the end, no management postition was worth delaying my education especially since I never wanted a career in retail anyway.

The type of person that should attend the Academy of Art University is someone who has a wonderful imagination and is creative. Someone who enjoys the spotlight but in eager to learn what happens behind the scene. A person who has a strong knowledge in computers would be a huge help in many of the degree programs they offer.

shelia

If I could go back in time and speak with myself the main thing I would tell myself is make sure you keep your grades up and stick to what you want to go far in college not what everyone easy want but what you want and that you will love doing it for the rest of your life. Make sure you go off to college as far away as possible. Because most people try to live their life through others and all they have to do is go back to school for themselves. Just do you with no regrets!

A person that is not ready for the world, if you are not ready for the world how are you going to be ready for college which is the world of knowledge.

Priscilla

One piece of advice that I would tell my high school senior self is to not get distracted from my studies. Having been enrolled in a larger amount of band classes than ever before, I was not as focused as I should have been on my academics, especially with the help of senioritis, which brings me to the next piece of advice. I would tell myself to not let senioritis get the best of me. I did not have many academic classes during my senior year and thus had trouble dedicating the time necessary to my studies, as I had chosen to direct my attention to other activities that were more entertaining. The final piece of advice that I would give to myself is to have more fun during this last year of high school. Not that I did not have a lot of fun already: I had a blast being involved in three different music ensembles, playing different instruments for each. However I did not attend the dances for homecoming, winter formal, or prom. Including these aforementioned activities, I wish I would have participated in more events in celebration of our final days of being a high school student.

Mirfak

I would tell myself to be more patient, wait for things to come not be in such a hurry to go places. Slowly but surely everything will come.

The price per unit at Academy of Art university is farely high.

Varina

I was looking forward to graduating with a high school diploma and getting out on my own. I didn't want to live under my parents rules and thought it would be ideal to get married move away from home. Five years later, and I was back home with two kids and a pending divorce--back home again. This was not the life I had envisioned for myself. Now I was a single mom with no education, and two kids to raise on my own. And there I was with all those regrets knowing I was a smart kid, I could have done better for myself. Looking back, I started to have many regrets. I should have followed my initial dream of joining the US Navy, or going to college to become an RN. I should have taken dual credit classes and earned credit while in high school. I should have focused less on having a part-time job for spending change, and focused more on taking practice exams for my SAT/ACT. I feared college thinking it wasn't for me. It was for me, I've been on the Deans List since I've been enrolled in college.

Academy of Art University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.