Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

The Academy of Art University has 40 school buildings scattered throughout the city. The school provides us with a shuttle system to travel to every building, which is essentially every area in San Francisco. In terms of academics, we're highly competitive, with a 33% graduation rate. There are clubs of every kind, sports, and the school has an amazing program. The program introduces our majors and embeds our general education/liberal arts into the curriculum. In addition, our professors are one-on-one and present many opportunites for students to find internships and jobs while still pursuing a dream.

Academy of Art University offer students the opportunity to learn from teachers who are actively working in their fields of expertise. This Fact makes the Academy of Art a unique school compared to others. It is interesting to see how the school staff worries and work towards the professional realization of every single student how atends the Academy. They treat you as the person you are and not just another number, and this is exactly what makes this school one of the best and more wanted designs schools in the United States.

This school is very hands on, from the very beginning of your enrollment. Classes are small so you get a lot of attention and help from the instructors. All the software and programs are all up to date. Labs and equipments are not notch and readily available for student uses. Another great thing is our spring show; where big name studios, corporations, and recruiters from all over come and hire students right on the spot. Also, the envionment the school provides is just perfect for artist and student alike.

The academy of Arts is a very interactive school. All the teachers and workers are very into helping and making sure that all the students have what they need and are ready to get going on there school work. The school is very much into the students learning and having them hands on everything! This honestly is a wonderful school that is best to other schools that i know of. They are also willing to help in any way to get you to be able to pay for the school and the items you need for your classes!

For students who live far away our out of state, you don't have to move, you can take online courses and still receive a regular degree. There are workshops for most majors on campus,. There is100% guaranteed housing, but very expensive. It is also the cheapest art school in terms of tuition cost, but they don't have work study. It is in San Francisco, living cost is really high, but its is nice. But full time study online is difficult because you are cut off from having a real social experience.

The campus is the city of San Francisco, it is very independt for the students. The students are confined to one place like most other campuses it's nice that sororites and fraternities don't rule the "campus" per say. It is an "art" school but very much buiness oriented for the feilds those have chosen. Each teacher is currently working in the feild they teach as a professional. Most of the students at this school are international students.

This is the only art school that offers a degree in case you need it to pursue other types of work; it's basically a back up and a way to say you graduated a post secondary school. The best thing and I think the only thing are the teachers. They are real working professionals and really know their art. The administration is pretty laxed and it's fairly easy to get classes waived and other things you might need.

Most universities do not allow college freshmen to attend classes online, The Academy of Art University does. The online classes allow me to work from home, and this gives me more time to get other things done quicker. This university doesn't load my class schedule with classes that I do not need. The only classes required are those in my field of study, and this allows me to stay focus and on task.

Academy of Art is a art school with a good fashion and textile program. They have instructors who are experience in the field of fashion and some of them worked for famous designers and own their own company and brand. Even though some of these design teachers are good designers some aren't cut out to be teachers. A lot of students cry just because the teachers were too blunt and rude.

The instructors are experienced in the field. They teaches you what they know and often gives you advices (even if you did not ask any). If you are lucky, you may get an instructor who is hard on their student, but at the same time, they entertain the class. I find that having a hard instructor, you will get the best out of it!