Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

I think that the worse thing about this school is the cost. Since I have started at the academy the cost has gone up fifty dollars a course at the beginning of every fall semester for thee past 3 years. They do not offer much financial help or any scholarships. This has become very frustrating.

I cannot just name one worst thing. There are many. But I will say this, the housing SUCKS. The cost is INSANE. The rules are a bit ridiculous. The campus SUCKS. Its not even a real campus, the city of San Francisco is the campus. Its too spread out...and WAY TOO BIG!!!

So far the only drawback to the school that I see is that it is so spread out around the city of San Francisco. That said, the school provides a pretty great shuttle service between the various campus buildings comprised of a fleet of over forty busses.

I suppose the worse thing about my school would be registration, mainly becuase they've been trying to change it the last 3 years I've been here. once that's over though I don't think anything about the school is worse than any other school out there.

I think the one thing I consider the worst about my school is how difficult it is to maintain studies for just one major. With other classes that are just as appealing for a possible minor, it's disappointing that time and money hinder that ability.

Honestly, the expense. I knew that art school was going to be more expensive than a traditional school, but I really wasn't quite ready for it to cost three times as much as a traditional school. Aside from this, however, I've no complaints!

The only bad thing about the Academy of Art University is how big the campus is. Also the transportaion makes you get up earlier just to be on time for your classes and is always changing after you get used to the original schedule.

Compared to the other schools I've been or heard about, Academy of Art is the best. My one and only complaint is that there seems to be no one person in particular a student can reach for help with any administrative problem.

THe worst thing about my school is how expensive it is. It's really hard to afford even one semester based on my budget. I think it's worth it, though. I've taken a few classes so far and they were really great.

The Financial aspect of the school. It is really hard to get payment plans or arrangements. It's a private school, so it is also a business. They are very stern about how they run the school financially.