Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

A conservative person who is not open to new things should not attend this school. Those looking for big parties and the 'typical college' life, need not apply because most people here are career focused. The common misconception that art school students are not academic or studious, proves untrue here. People are working hard and there are many sleepless nights. Campus buildings and buslines close at midnight , and most students utilize the time allowed. San Francisco in itself is very liberal and if you can't except that for what it is, you won't fit in.

Anyone who is not capable of having a good time and enjoying school should not attend the Academy. Someone who wants to go through school depending on everyone to succeed should not Attend the academy either. People who are use to cheating and who do not respect their teachers, classmates and their own time and effort should not attend the Academy. In general anyone can attend and succeed at the Academy of Art University as long as you take your schooling very seriously because there is not room for irresponsability and lazyness here.

In my opinion based on observations people that are closed minded or from a place where football games and school spirt is their number one thing would not like Academy of Art. This school very quickly breaks you down meaning that if you are not one to do work or be sure of why you are here then you are not going to graduate in this university. People who are frightened of big cities and the things that come along with big cities should not attend the Academy of Art considering that it's located in downtown San Francisco.

I think that anybody can attend this school, unless your major is science then NO you can not attend this school. If you are not a person with an imaginary mind the school will change that for you and give you an even bigger mind of what you would like to know and study. If your good at communicating in so many ways (ex. in english or foreign languages or in acting, or in any other courses) than you are perfect for this school. I hope that people who are interested in arts should regard my school Thanks so much.

I guess students who aren't very dedicated. This school is hard and doesn't play around. If you don't get your act together you will fail your classes. I passed all my classes but I seen so many students fail classes that I passed and even dropped out. This school has a graduation rate of 10% per year so its rough. The stuff you will be doing will be hard but the school is fair when it comes to failing classes allowing you to make up the lost credits but will cost more to your tuition.

If you only want to party, have a good time, and slide by in your classes, you should not attend this university. Students who don't do homework or don't work very hard on their homework never pass classes and will not move up in their major. Also you need to love what you are doing. With how much time you will spend doing work for your major the only way to do it is to really love what you are doing. Don't attend if you are not sure what you want to do.

I believe that you need to be an ambitious, driven individual to attend Academy of Art University. Being an online student, it is important to be disciplined, organized, and focused. Someone who is not dedicated to their school work and is not passionate about their career should not attend Academy of Art University. I believe you need to be completely devoted to getting your degree, and able to make time and space for your education.

I feel that people who are not emotionally invested in the art would not do well at the academy of art. The academey requires a lot of hard work from their student. I feel to answer that high demand effectively you have to look at your work on a deeper level than most other university, because student will find that they must put a part of themselves into their work to meet the schools expectations.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school are non artist or young people that want to just play sports for a school. This school is an art school and this school is very liberal. The school is open to new ideas. This school does not need close minded people and students that don't want to work hard for their degree or portfolio.

People who are unsure of what they want to get out of their education, should not attend this school. This is a school for artists who are passionate about there work and would not mind doing extra to improve their skill. This can become very overwhelming and difficult if you do not have drive or direction.