Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

The most frustrating thing about school is finding out that I have gotten bad grades. It means I have to study much harder, do more research on the Internet, read books, and create a study group. Attendance is important in school because I keep up with the daily lessons and assignments, and I take quizzes and tests on time. By attending school regularly I am likely to pass all my classes and I want get points deducted from my grade. Also by being in school every day it gives me a chance to learn more about college and scholarship opportunities.

Fine art studies are essentially hands on, and success in these artistic areas hinges on mastering the tools of your particular medium (digital camera, Photoshop, darkroom, in my case). Not having in person contact with professors can be challenging, because the tactile practicalities and handling have to be self-taught by trial and error. This leads to long online conversations that go back and forth, as your instructor tries to explain verbally, that which in person, could be demonstrated with a few hand movements in a few seconds time.

The most frustrating thing about this school is that the school uses its money the students give to the school in non useful ways. The school should use its money to benefit the students entirely. They use the money to start a sports or athletic department and the school does not need it. The students of this school just need intrumural sports or activities to do for students, not full out teams. We have a car musuem that non of the students are allowed to see. It is useless propery that the school has and it does nothing for students.

The Academy of Art University does a really great job with their education program. The most frustrating thing, if i had to choose would probably be the housing situation. I am staying here in the dorms and over winter intersession i have to pay a ton extra, with no food plan, and i'm not allowed any visitors at any time. During the actual semesters is fine and i don't regret living on campus for my first year. I will just have to look at other options now that i know the ropes.

I haven't been to my school yet, but i think that my school is really awesome and that there is nothing that will make it seem so frustrating as long as you know what it is that you want once you apply there to study then there is a lesser chance of you dopping out or changing subjects which would cost you a lot of extra money and no one wants to do that especially not in college. I really don't see anything wrong, I like my school and that is why i have decided to attend it.

When you attend AAU the first thing they express to you is don't expect to get As. This is true. Few students get As and Bs. Also expect to spend a lot of time on homework. The only way to succeed at this university is to rise above the rest by working hard on every assignment. Don't be afraid to ask for help, that is one of the best things you can do and they have great resources here. Finally, don't be afraid. It seem impossible at first but it is possible with hard work.

The most frustrating part of my school that I go to right now, and not the one I'm transferring to, is the lack of information given to students starting out in the school and wanting to know what's the steps we should take in order to meet our goals. Some students arrive to new schools with no idea of where to go and what to do to and I feel this information should be readily available somewhere.

There's not much that really frustrated me about this school. I suppose because it's based in a city and a grew up in a small town I missed seeing more trees and grass and the AAU campus doesn't really have any areas grassy areas for students to spend time in. This school is also very expenssive, though they do offer financial aid, not looking forward to paying back the loans though.

the most frustrating thing is the guest hours cause there flawed and discrimatory. its not ok for a straight person to have someone of the opposite sex stay over but its ok for a gay or lesbian to have someone of the same sex stay over. this is frustrating cause the school doesnt bother to check if that person is a girlfriend/ boyfriend

This school is very expensive, open admishion and for a profit . Some times feel like Im not getting what i paid and know its all going in to the pocket of the schools president/owner. Its a good school but i feel like im being taken advantabe of sometimes. I would like more extra ciricular activities and a student goverment.