Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

The best thing about my school is that most of the students are very intersted in what they have chosen as their career paths. Being a less traditional type school when an animator or graphic artist or fine art artist comes here it is indeed with that in mind as their future. The school has been around since 1928 so many things, especially the older, more traditional types of art classes, are very well respected and developed. The newer, trendier types of art that are emerging daily tend to have less of a place so far.

One best thing about the school I am going to attend, is there hands on work. They don't only teach the students what we need to know but they get us involved to gain experience in our desired profession. Having the ability and oppurtunity to work hands on with professionals, definitely helps me to gain more knowledge and work experience. Having to actually get involved physically and not only mentally allows us, the students, to put what we learn into actual work scenario's, and see what we need to improve on.

To be honest I am not exactly sure what then best thing about my school is yet. You see my first classes begin February first, so I have not yet had any real experience with my school. However, I have visited the online division website and I love how everything is set up. I got a chance to watch sample classes and it?s so awesome! I have the best seat in the class. It?s like the professors are talking right to me and unlike going to a building I?m in the comfort of my own home. Sweet!

I think being in the dorms, because I'm able to get homework done and be with friends at the same time. We all work together on homework and it's convenient as well. I like to bond with people so that way I have connections and understandings of how others percieve things and it's interesting to learn the many ways that different things can be viewed. Being able to do homework in a confortable environment helps me to put 120% effort into my homework and classwork.

The best thing about the Academy is the access to the labs and all of the equipment that they provide to the students. This high quality machinery is vital to the students. I have learned so much at the academy and the professors are very much to thank for that as well. They are all professionals in the feild they are teaching and have alot of experience to bring to the students. I could not ask for a better learning environment than this.

The best thing about my school is that everybody here is an artist. They are doing something that they really want to do instead of taking the dead end jobs out there or the jobs the may pay a lot but isn't really satisfying. The best thing about my school i the inspiration that you get from just looking at others students work and wanting youreself to strive and achieve the level that they had gain and even more.

I believe the best feature my school posesses is its wide campus. The campus is not just some large collection of buildings in the middle or outskirts of the city but a scattered collection of classrooms spread out throughout the entire city. It's not just a specified campus within the city but the city itself that is our campus and our right to explore it to our heart's desire is that much more reinforced.

I would consider the diversity at my school to be its best attribute. Every where you go, and every class you have there are so many people form so many different places all around the world. Also, the professors are incredibly diverse in origin and in teaching methods. I love being able to learn from so many different aspects, and being able to converse with such a diverse student population.

The classes so far have been excellent and the teachers have a lot of experience. My one teacher has an imdb profile that shows all the films she's worked on, movies like The Pagemaster, Pocahontas, etc. Crazy. It makes my dreams more feasible, getting my information and guidance from someone who clearly has the experience.

The best thing about AAU are the instructors. The instructor are or have already worked in your desired field of study, such as animation, illustration, television, etc. While there are a few instructors that aren't so great, the majority are extremely knowledgeable and wear their passion on their sleeve.