Adams State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Adams State University

Carly

Adams State is an amazing university that constantly challenges you and pushes you to be the best you possible. I have learned so much from their staff and professors. The lessons that I learned here helped me to be better prepared for my future career. I will take the lessons with me for a lifetime. I can't begin to explain the impact that they made on me.

Anthony

Adams State University is located in Alamosa, Colorado. Alamosa is as close to nature as you can get. Many deer roam the area and there are many outdoor activities to do. Many parks are located near campus with about a 10 - 30 minute walking distance. The campus provides many activities outside of school like rock climbing, going to the sand dunes, camping, job fairs, games, and more. Student life is great, although there are dorms. The dorms do not have a kitchen, but there are on campus housing that do provide a kitchen, with additional charges to housing. While living in regular on campus housing is sometimes hard, there are many on campus facilities. Adams State provides a gym, with low fee memberships, a loft for gaming, a library with many good resources, a green top with lushes grass, an art, music, theatre, and science building with many great professors, and even two dining areas with which you can choose from. Adams State has many great professionals as well as students that are encouraging and make for a great time here. I would advise anyone who is seeking to engage in their community and to further their education to enrol into Adams State University.

joshua

Encouraging professors that push students over their boundaries to achieve success.

De'Andre

This is a good school for students who come from a small high school like me, student who aren't a big fan of the city, and/or students who need less distraction from their surroundings. School food is just like every other school, taste cheap, but can't complain, because they keep us feed. Professors are always around to help, but the student have to come ask for help, and they also remember names, or at least most do. Parties are fun, but never go anything passed it. Sometimes the town can be very sketchy, and can be really boring, but the town people are super nice, and friendly, and stuff happens into that the student of the college is invited to. When you enter into Alamosa, like me, they’re worries of racial comments, but since I been here, I have yet to hear anything close to racial, and the people in this town know how to have fun too. It a great place to go to school, it is a little pricey, but what you learn from this school, and the amount of fun that we here, makes up for it. I highly recommend Adams State University for students looking for a good college to go to. If you know what you want a degree in, then they have advisor ready for you as you get here, and if you don’t, then you still get an advisor to help you with anything, which is very helpful. Just have to ask.

Daniel

Adams State University offers many great opportunities in their schooling especially in their Art, Nursing, and Business undergraduate programs. All offer small class size, state of the art technology, and innovative instruction that result in great student success.

its a good school

rd

asfasf

Roman

Adams state is not such a terrible school. Located in a small town there is definitely a lot of outdoor activities, hiking, fishing, skiing, etc. Campus food is decent, professors are really nice and facilities are not in such a bad shape after all. Food in town is decent but some places you should definetely avoid. If the cost was not so expensive and more students the campus life would have been perfect.

Joel

ASU offers an affordable online Masters program with an educated and friendly staff. They work diligently to provide quality instruction and to help you as an individual improve your understanding and writing. Best two years of my life, I would seek a PhD there if one was offered.

claudia

Adams State University is a very diverse population of students and athletes. The people here are very friendly and are willing to help when a person is in need. The campus life is very enjoyable, and there is always something to do. Class sizes are small enough to where the professors know all the student's names and they call you out in class when you ditched class for a couple days and decide to come back. Its an overall fun and loving town and the people grow on you.

salena

Adam State University is the place to go if you want to be pampered with great academics and interpersonal attention. The faculty is down to earth and available as well as supportive and approachable. The on campus housing is clean and easily accessible.

Shawn

A great institution to learn an feel free in. As with most colleges however Adams State University brings a sense of belonging in a way that feels like a home away from home. Which I personally have to admire about a college institution especially one like Adams State University due to it bringing just that.

Mindy

The price is right, they have the best accreditation, and provide insightful and fun courses and assignments. Who else gets to watch disney movies to do essays? In the meantime/downtime, there are always activities geared to bring together students and, basically, have recess. They keep us fed and provide the support to succeed in school and our daily lives!

Danielle

I love Adams State University. Alamosa is a small town, but Adams State University is not a small time college. The campus is perfect, the staff is so nice, everyone here is here to help you. I love it here at Adams State University, and you will too.

sabrina

I feel that if it was a more friendly environment the campus would be more welcoming but i feel the class sizes are a little big but are manageable

Overall, I think it is a very pretty area and campus. Their is so much involvement in the community. The teacher student ratio is really nice. I enjoy the fact that the class sizes are very small. I plan to run in college and the main reason I am looking at the college is because of the running program. I was just very lucky to find out there was so much more that was great about the campus when visiting.

Tayler

The school is amazing. Everyone around is super sweet and helpful. The campus is clean and very safe. The surrounding area is mainly farm land and mountains. The class sizes are small so you are able to really bond with the professors as well as people in the classrooms.

Christian

Overall opinion on Adams State University is that it is a great school filled with amazing students that is also surrounded by an outstanding community. Obviously since it is a small town there aren't as many activities to do compared to lets say downtown Denver, but if you're an outdoor lover like I am; you can find many fun and time consuming activates to do right here within the San Louis Valley.

April

I think it is an okay school, just personally not for me, I feel the town and school are to small for me, there is not much to do and the sports community isn't that great. Not very many people show up to games and those who do, do not get very excited or cheer very much. The class sizes are small so you can get a lot of face to face time with teachers.

Maria

I love Adams State University, there is a lot of fun activities on campus. The class sizes are great and the academic values are amazing. Classwork is important but they also care about one's personal life. The life on campus is amazing, there is a lot of activities to keep one happy and enjoy the college experience. There is different ethnic backgrounds so there is always someone to relate to and the opportunity to get a better understanding of other cultures.