Adventist University of Health Sciences Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Adventist University of Health Sciences

Chandrika

I have not begun my academic career at Advent health University. Since the global pandemic has begun I have spent much time away from, work and has left my time to think about my academic career, or lack of, and my future in general. So, two months ago I made the decision to go. back to school.

Aubrey

"Food is Bae" is a common saying among today's generation. Adventist University of Health Sciences has used this concept to improve student's participation in school activities as well as motivate us to take the time to eat without worrying about the cost. Why? Because it's free! Although there is a cafeteria open for purchase of food, most events offer free food. College students are stressed enough as it is that providing a life necessity aids more than our just the stomach, it reaches out farther to our education, our social life and our personal experience and perspective of the school. And for that, I am forever thankful.

Keila

Adventist University of Health Sciences is incredibly focused on preparing students to go into the health care work force. They instill us with the need to be compassionate, effective healthcare providers. Because it has a religious affiliation, we are also encouraged to live a life alongside God. It is enforced that everyone needs to be treated with respect and that as healthcare providers we should not make negative assumptions of others. However, there are issues with some staff members being disconnected with students. It is difficult a lot of times to get in contact with certain offices.

Jaydn

As someone who started off here the very beginning of their college career, I can say I have enjoyed it more than I ever would. The people are amazing, teachers are here to see you succeed, and your learning experience is of the utmost importance to all faculty involved. There are opportunities to meet other students and staff and places to be secluded if you don't feel like socializing. I'd say ADU is a place where everyone can feel at home while having an amazing educational and clinical experience.

Isobel

I love my university because of the learning atmosphere. I've never been a kind of person who was into sports or sororities or fraternities, but rather into learning and pursuing my biomedical sciences degree. Adventist University of Health Sciences is a great school to do just that, with class sizes that are small enough to efficiently cooperate with other students, and the professors are always accessible for questions during the year. The atmosphere is one of learning, and the staff encourages any questions, study groups, or debates that may enhance that learning in our field. As students, we have the opportunity to interact with students in other programs and learn from one another as we study. All in all, I love my university and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a medical degree.

Tyra

Although I wish that we had more sports and recreational activities, I enjoy attending this private school. The academic curriculum is superb-- the professors try to work with you and the classes will keep you well-read.

This University has plenty of opportunities for students to be involved and be successful in their major. The professors are resourceful and are always available when you need them. The learning environment is safe and diverse. It's the best place to learn. I love that the mission system is "extending the healing ministry of Christ..." ADU knows how to incorporate a positive spiritual journey for students studying such rigorous courses that prepare us to be successful in the near future. I couldn't have been happier to be an ADU student. I wouldn't recommend a better school.

Caitlin

It's a big campus but really small size classes which I love. I feel welcomed and home in school. Everyone is so sweet and helpful. The school itself should be more known in the state of Florida. Its the perfect school for only health sciences. Its easy to communicate with other students because we're going through the same similarities in classes and career.

Joanne

Adventist University sets you up to succeed. There are adequate resources provided to help students perform well in their classes. There are many opportunities for personal development such as easy access to free tutoring and an entire floor that is dedicated to hospital simulation.

Gabriela

Adventist University of Health Sciences has been my dream school since I was in middle school. January 2017, my dream came true and I started my first semester at ADU. Even better, I got accepted into ADU’s Radiography Program. My time at ADU, has been extraordinary. All the professors are very willing to make sure you understand the material. They always respond to our messages as soon as they can. An example I would like to give about my professor going above and beyond is from yesterday September 27th. I needed some help with a certain chapter in our program, and she went out of her way and went to my clinical site to help me practice. She was there with me for maybe 2 hours. I was incredibly grateful she did that for me, because now I feel more comfortable for my lab test. As for the life on campus, I am not as involved, because the school is very far from me. Nevertheless, whenever there have been events when I’m on campus, they have done a great job with there events. Last semester, they had free pancakes for all of our finals week. Also, the view that the school has is very beautiful. There is a very big lake in the back that looks absolutely beautiful when the sun hits. The only two things that I would say are a bummer would be parking and tuition. We have to park in a 5 min drive parking, then take a shuttle, to get on campus. Lastly, I really do wish tuition was not that bad. I really hope I get this scholarship, because I love my school and I want to be able to get help to afford it.

savanna

My name is savanna laurino i recently went to orientation. The school was amazing i felt safe and at home.The staff and faculties were amazing and really cared about you. The Campus surrounding were clean and safe.Everyone there was smiling and happy.They explain what they do their and how they help when your in hard times. I really hope i win this money to experience this.

Alexis

This college has a very positive atmosphere. The campus and classroom sizes are small but that means that you are able to work with and get help from your professors as needed. There are free tutoring centers that are available to students as needed and you can tell that the faculty and staff want the students to succeed. It is part of a major hospital system so the resources available for an education in healthcare are endless

Jocelyn

After growing up in a hospital and family that has always wanted to help others religiously, it has become apart of my DNA. I had previously attended a college for less than a year with poor guidance and hardly anyone who cared. After coming up with a plan I had decided to take a look into ADU and meet with a registration counselor who I knew would give me the guidance that I needed. It became evident that this was the school I was meant to go to. They set you up for success and have so many opportunities for you to maintain and achieve higher.

Dharnell

It is honestly a great school, but takes some time to get used to. It is what you make it, if you go in looking to have a terrible time you will have a terrible time. Other than that it is a pretty great school. I wish they had more activities, like sports and clubs, but that is something I will have to mention to the president.

Ikia

As a visitor of the campus and hopefully a student in the fall of 2019, I am very impressed with the overall campus and what the school has to offer students that are interested in the medical industry. The classroom labs are really high tech and very life like. I feel that Adventist is a great place for any student that is interested in a career in medicine, or nursing.

Jasia

My overall opinion of Adventist University of Health Sciences is that it is thee best university I have attended. The faculty and staff are very welcoming and friendly individuals. The atmosphere is so relaxing and welcoming. I personally am glad I chose this university because the professors are willing to help you in anyway they can to help you succeed. They want their students to succeed which really stood out to me. The campus is small but I feel that it's an advantage because you have a lot of connections and I believe students become more focused when there aren't a lot of distractions. Because I love it so much, I plan to continue my education here, at Adventist University of Health Sciences because it's an overall great school!

Kimberly

Adventist University is an incredible college. I love how the classes are so small and personal and it is very easy to communicate with your teacher if there are any questions or concerns. The small class sizes also make it very easy to make friends to study with and support each other.

Kaylee

It is a no non-sense school. It is not a party school.... which I like. I am down to studying and becoming a successful nurse. It is a smaller medical school, on the same property as its enormous hospital. I like this because every other school I have visited, the Clinicals are in a hospital miles down the road. Here I can just walk to my clinicals. I never have to leave campus.

Sydney

I really enjoy going to AdventHealth University (Aka Adventist University of Health Sciences). It's a very small campus which to me is a plus. You can always easily get from one class to the next or from the library to class. It's very easy to locate your classmates and friends and the teachers are always around and willing to help or have a conversation. The class sizes are small enough that you get a good amount of one on one attention, but not so small that you feel singled out. The biggest thing is I really feel like my professors want me to succeed and that makes a huge difference. There are a few things that could be improved. The campus cafeteria is expensive and limited in options, but they do provide a space for you to heat your own food if you wanted to bring it from home. Additionally, I haven't heard much about campus housing but it seems pretty limited.

Madisen

This is my first semester and I feel that academically it is good and pretty much what I expected. I am taking some required basic courses; some professors are good while others are just adequate. I love the small size of the classes, making me feel that I am not just a number. The university has state of the art equipment and being connected to the hospital, gives us many opportunities to volunteer and expose ourselves to the medical community. The down side of the university it that it does not offer any of the typical campus life, such as sports, sororities or fraternities, coffee spots, multiple restaurants, beautiful dorms, and other amenities of a larger university. The only housing they have is off campus, which is very adequate but the rules are quite strict, which may not be for everybody. Overall, I am happy with the choice I made to go to Advent Health University. My goal is to complete my undergraduate degree and apply for a graduate program. The lack of a "campus life" makes is less distracting and helps me to keep my focus on what I am there to do and accomplish.

Jan

This is a "Christian school,” which is why I choose to come here, & I was the class chaplain for the ultrasound prog. AHU is far from mercy or grace. I made 2 C's and have been dismissed from their prog. forever. My family and 3 children are worst off from AHU. I had to deal with major health issues (and marital) that are now reasonably stable and have one required class remaining to be registered as a sonographer. We may seek legal action against them. There was over a 50% fail/drop rate for the class of 2019 and I'm talking about nearly straight-A students that were hand-selected for a program with this high fail rate, which is a testament of this program. We are not dealing with students that don't know how to study or manage themselves. I've attended multiple colleges: ERAU, Stetson, DSC and Asbury Seminary. AHU is my worst experience by far. Mind you, I'm a middle-aged adult with a BS and a Masters with 4 classes remaining to complete my second Masters degree.