Des Moines, IA
AIB College of Business

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend AIB College of Business

ibrahim
prowed to be with your great society

i actually don't know alot i just wanna be with all of you.

prowed to be with your great society

i actually don't know alot i just wanna be with all of you.

Miranda

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school, the one thing I would tell myself is to get as involved as you possibly can. Take extra classes, even those included at local community colleges to get some credits and understand how college classes operate compared to high school classes. Get involved and experiment with different clubs or organizations in high school. This will help in college to see what kind of degree you would like to pursue, what activites you would enjoy being involved in on a college campus, and maybe even get a glimpse at what kind of a career you would or would not like to have. As for the transition to college, reach out to some of the other students you know will be attending the college next year so you can already have a support system on campus. The transition isn't always easy, but having friends there already can make it easier on you.

My college is a specialized school which focuses on strictly business concepts and integrates them in every teaching subject including History, English, and Mathematics. If you plan to go into a business related career field (accounting, marketing, public relations, etc.) this is the best college in Des Moines to recieve a business degree from. And you could receive a Bachelor of Science degree in just three years!

If you are looking to persue a degree in the arts, history, or other areas that are not included in a business career, this is not the college for you.

There are a few words of advice I wish I could go back and give myself when I was in high school to get ready for the transition into college. Firstly i would have told myself to try harder to keep my grades up, yes I had good grades, but they could have all been A's if I tried a little harder. And at AIB where i attend school they give out scholarships based on your high school grades so with a little higher GPA I could have got more free money. Another thing i would have done when starting to make the transistion to college would have been to apply for more scholarships. Those are the two things i wish i could go back in time and tell myself to change more than anything. Thank you for taking your time to conisder me for this scholarship.

The worst thing about this school is that we have to go through the summer in order for our tution to stay frozen. But i guess that does have a plus side because I will finish in 3 years instead of 4.

For me there is not much that i find frustrating, probably the most frustrating thing is that here we are on terms and every other school is on semesters so our breaks are always different so its hard for me to hang out with my friends that go to other colleges.

Knowing what I know now about the transition from high school to college, I would have some advice for myself that would benefit me academically, financially, and socially. First of all, my advice would be to take harder courses, especially ones that offer college credit. This will provide preparation for a higher education and get you in the college mindset. Do not take easy classes simply because it is your last year. In addition, figure out your major so you can start to focus more on that subject. This will be beneficial both academically and financially because if you take the classes for free in high school, then you do not have to pay for them later. Also, I would advise myself to get more involved. Colleges love seeing students being involved. This is also a great way to meet new people and establish connections that may be beneficial later on. My advice would not be that hard to follow, but it would have helped immensely in my college transition.

The worst thing about AIB College of Business is our lack of student involvement. Although we are a small school, I still believe that we should support it in any way we can. I think with more student involvement, the college would grow and encourage a more diverse group of students and faculty.

James

As a college freshman now, I have come to realize that a good education comes from what you can get out of your high school years. I look back and I see that the more academic activities and volunteering hours you put in, the more you will have a great grip on college life. Saving every penny you can, can also make a difference in where you can afford to go to school. I spent alot of time at work and less time doing academic activities. Yeah I had the money but I didn't have the expierence I needed to make the transition into college life easier. So, you ask the question if I could look back and talk to myself about making the transition? I don't think anything can prepare you for the transition, it is an entirely different ball game in the real world!

What I consider to be the worst thing about AIB is the lack of a variety of majors. They offer just in the areas of Accounting and Business Administration mostly.

One the main things I brag about to my friends is that the class sizes are very small, which allows you to answer questions whenever needed, and gives you more one on one with your college professor.

Kathlyn

The first thing I would tell myself is that it's an entirely new world, being in college. The amount of freedom can be overwhelming at first, and has to be used with caution and responsibility. I would also say to myself that it's perfectly normal and okay to feel afraid -- afraid of the unknown, of being away from home for the first time, and other worries. Then, I'd let myself know that those fears pass, and eventually, it all comes to you as routine. It's just one of those transitions we all must go through in life, and that I'll manage, pulling through with flying colors. I'd assure myself that everything would be just fine, and that yes, this is something I can definitely do.

The campus and the classes are small compared to public universities, meaning that during your time at AIB, you build solid relationships with other students and the professors and other faculty here. The staff here actually care about you, your life, and your studies, and they want to see you succeed. They are willing to help you discover that success, even if it means some extra work or overtime for them. You aren't just another face here -- you're a real person who matters.

You need to be a self-starter, able to motivate and drive yourself to do the work that needs doing in order to succeed. The classes move quickly and build the curriculum fast, so attendance and punctuality are very important as well. Having a sense of professionalism while being able to have fun every once in awhile also helps.

• $0

AIB College of Business administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.