Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Jordan

I would tell myself to enjoy what is left of my senior year. Although college is significantly better than high school, I would tell myself not to wish it would rush by and finish up fast. I would tell myself to have some patience with all the high school students who claim they know exactly what college is all about. Finally, I would tell myself to appreciate the frienships I made while in high school, because many of them would not continue into college whether it be because of location or simply not keeping in touch.

I believe the best aspect of Wichita State University is the Greek life organizations. Between the multiple fraternities and sororities, an enormous amount of opportunity to become involved exists. From on-campus activities to intramural sporting events, new bonds and friendships are made, while a new appreciation of the University also forms. I never knew a commuter college, such as Wichita State, would open such a rewarding network for me simply because I have chosen to participate in Greek life. I would recommend it to any person who attends Wichita State University!

I honestly wish I would have known how compassionate the people at Wichita State University truly are. For years I had been set on attending the University of Kansas, simply because my older brother was attending school there. I now know that branching out was the best decision I could have made. Sure, I miss seeing my brother, but the fact that I am surrounded by a plethora of such caring people who want to see me succeed makes it all worth it when we make the 2 and a half hour drive to see each other.

jada

Everyone is different so all my classmates are diverse.

Everyone is different so all my classmates are diverse.

As a college freshman knowing as much as i do now i would have alot of advice to tell my self when i was a senior in highschool. For instance, i would definatley make sure the finacial aid award was really all the way awarded to me because oweing money isnt a good feeling . I would have told my self to apply to way more colleges and for way more scholarships. I would have kept all my notes and binders from each subject; because your first year is like highschool all over again. Having better time management skills would help tramendously. Focusing more on my education than on a social life would have made things easier. Interacting with people with a different ethnic background; would be a easier transition in college. In college theres so much diversity and if your so use to just seeing one type of group its kinda hard adjusting. Studying alone and reading more in highschool would definately make me a better writer. The transition is so different in college all you have is yourself so getting a job and being independent would really ease alot of finacial problems once you actually get to college.

students who should attend this university should be well focused students. you have to be very commited to your education. also , should have very good time management skills.

Jasmine

Alabama A&M university is a tight knit school as well as a Historically Black college university. It takes pride in the success of its students and was founded by a former slave in an effort to give minorities an equak chance at a great educational opportunity.

Knowing what I now know, if i had the opportunity to go back and talk to my highschool self, i would definitely tell my self to work harder. It's not enough to be good; it is vital that you strive to be the best you can be and have the strength and compassion to be extraordinary. Even though it may not seem so at the time, every little bit of effort pays off. Integrity, virtue, character, and discipline will take you along way. It will take you to your goals and beyond.

At this school, as in alot of other schools, it takes a person who id well self disciplined as well as ambition. anyone attending this school should have the desire and will to succeed as well as the love of cultural background.

Amber

Out of my college experience that going to a historical black college can have the same advantages to going to a regular college. Just because everybody is majority the same race does not mean we aren't different. People are from different states, cities and countries, so its a lot of diversity within our race. Attending here has been valuable because I have learned a lot about the south that i didn't know. The teachers are diverse and you can learn a lot about culture.

The type of people who shouldn't attend this school are those with out an open mind. If u come into the school with just one mind set, you won't be able to get past it and will miss a lot of opportunities.

The frustrating thing about my school is they are not organized with the important things on campus. Every university have their problems and down falls but organization is the key to a successful school.

Meagan

The friendships that I have established. Also all the career connections I have made.

How much I truly love my school and how great I am doing.

The finanical aid and the workers in the administrative offices

Antoinette

Out of the last four years that I have attended A&M I have gotten more enriched values both inside and outside of the classroom. First lesson I learned was that it is unfair to judge a school based on a few bad reccomendations, like with A&M, the opinions of others may not be truly reflecting the school's capabilities but instead those of the student/person giving the opinion. My experience at this school has also shown me the benefits in being open minded and exploring new cultures and activities. While at A&M I participated in many educational and extracurricular activities which exposed me to new ways of learning, having fun, and allowed me to interact (and form friendships) with people I may not have been as willing to meet without the influence of A&M. The administration has taught me to be more responsible and "take-charge" through showing me that I should never depend on others to handle my affairs. Though I encountered many peaks and valleys with starting and finishing my college career at Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, I truly can say that I have enjoyed the experience and the memories it created.

The kind of people that are not equally accepting of others should not attend this school. Those who are looking for an extremely strict enviroment to learn in are also not a good match for A&M. Student activities, though not distracting from academics, are often participated in by students, faculty, and staff. People who are good with time management and prioritizing will do well at this school.

What I brag about most are the school spirit of both current students and alumni, and the willingness of professors to help students succeed.

Christen

I would describe my classmates as a diverse family away from family.

I would describe my classmates as a diverse family away from family.

I equate my college experience to that of the phoenix in greek mythology. I witnessed the murder of my fiancee in 2007 which left me with a 4 year old and a baby on the way. I knew that no matter how hard it would be I had to make a way for my children. While juggling my duties as a full-time student and mother I have grown tremendously. My college experience has taught me how to interact with people from all walks of life. I have also shed my shy former self and now communicate better with others. The most valuable change since beginning my college journey has been my developed thirst for knowledge which goes beyond the classroom. I now truly understand that education is a priviledge, and the hard work and time dedicated to it is well worth the struggle. My professors, classmates, advisors, and family have all been key in my transformation from someone unsure of my potential into a confident and serious scholar. I am currently being refined as a college student. I will emerge from my college experience as an amazing new version of me, just as the phoenix was reborn from ashes.

When I describe my school to my friends I tell them how beautiful my campus is and how lovely the area is in general. I also tell my friends that my classmates and I work together to ensure we all do well and no one gets left behind.

Morgan

My classmates are eager to learn and enjoy going to class.

My classmates are eager to learn and enjoy going to class.

I am a Freshmen at Alabama A&M University. I enjoyed my first semester at Alabama A&M .It has allowed me the opportunity to set short and long term goals.. My first semester has allowed me to grow and become more knowledgeable in all subject areas. My education is my first priority and I realize the importance of education for my dreams to come to reality. I have found out that with hard work and dedication nothing is impossible. I have always had a strong desire to help others and nothing pleases me more than listening and helping people. To show people that I care and see a smile upon their face warms and touches my heart. As a young adult I hold the qualities to become successful in life I just have to strive and apply. I don't just want to have my PHD, I want to make a difference and shine my light for the pathway of my fulfilling my destiny.

A person who would be interested in attending a HBCU and wants ti receive a good education.

Azael

I will never forget the first day of college: big classes, people from around the world, and the most important, bigger responsibilities. Back in high school students were still treated like kids. Teachers reminded and treated students for almost everthing: behave in class, bring your homework everyday, get to class early or you will stand at corner of the room, and many other things. College was different in a better way. The first day of class my teacher gave me a calender with all the assignments and test dates. My teacher said that eveything we would do was there and that there is no excuse for not knowing when something is due: That was something that I had never experience before; I thought it was cool. College was pure responsibility. No more help and reminders from parents and teachers. Everthing was up to me now: from choosing my schedule, looking for help, and turning my assignments. These experiences helped me be a great responsible person. I got to meet great people from other states and all over the world. It was a great experienced and i loved it.

Shalonda

Well, my classmates, for the most part, are somewhat friendly. Sometimes some are not so friendly, but only the incoming students.

I have gotten the chance to experience what it is like to live in the "real world." It is very difficult at times because I don't have my parents to lean on for help, but it is a great experience to live on campus because it kind of gets you ready for when you actually are going to live on your own.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how the campus is on a hill, so it gets very tiring walking the campus. Also, it is vey hot right now so that makes it even more frustrating.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.