Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Antoinette

Out of the last four years that I have attended A&M I have gotten more enriched values both inside and outside of the classroom. First lesson I learned was that it is unfair to judge a school based on a few bad reccomendations, like with A&M, the opinions of others may not be truly reflecting the school's capabilities but instead those of the student/person giving the opinion. My experience at this school has also shown me the benefits in being open minded and exploring new cultures and activities. While at A&M I participated in many educational and extracurricular activities which exposed me to new ways of learning, having fun, and allowed me to interact (and form friendships) with people I may not have been as willing to meet without the influence of A&M. The administration has taught me to be more responsible and "take-charge" through showing me that I should never depend on others to handle my affairs. Though I encountered many peaks and valleys with starting and finishing my college career at Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, I truly can say that I have enjoyed the experience and the memories it created.

The kind of people that are not equally accepting of others should not attend this school. Those who are looking for an extremely strict enviroment to learn in are also not a good match for A&M. Student activities, though not distracting from academics, are often participated in by students, faculty, and staff. People who are good with time management and prioritizing will do well at this school.

What I brag about most are the school spirit of both current students and alumni, and the willingness of professors to help students succeed.

Christen

I would describe my classmates as a diverse family away from family.

I would describe my classmates as a diverse family away from family.

I equate my college experience to that of the phoenix in greek mythology. I witnessed the murder of my fiancee in 2007 which left me with a 4 year old and a baby on the way. I knew that no matter how hard it would be I had to make a way for my children. While juggling my duties as a full-time student and mother I have grown tremendously. My college experience has taught me how to interact with people from all walks of life. I have also shed my shy former self and now communicate better with others. The most valuable change since beginning my college journey has been my developed thirst for knowledge which goes beyond the classroom. I now truly understand that education is a priviledge, and the hard work and time dedicated to it is well worth the struggle. My professors, classmates, advisors, and family have all been key in my transformation from someone unsure of my potential into a confident and serious scholar. I am currently being refined as a college student. I will emerge from my college experience as an amazing new version of me, just as the phoenix was reborn from ashes.

When I describe my school to my friends I tell them how beautiful my campus is and how lovely the area is in general. I also tell my friends that my classmates and I work together to ensure we all do well and no one gets left behind.

Morgan

My classmates are eager to learn and enjoy going to class.

My classmates are eager to learn and enjoy going to class.

I am a Freshmen at Alabama A&M University. I enjoyed my first semester at Alabama A&M .It has allowed me the opportunity to set short and long term goals.. My first semester has allowed me to grow and become more knowledgeable in all subject areas. My education is my first priority and I realize the importance of education for my dreams to come to reality. I have found out that with hard work and dedication nothing is impossible. I have always had a strong desire to help others and nothing pleases me more than listening and helping people. To show people that I care and see a smile upon their face warms and touches my heart. As a young adult I hold the qualities to become successful in life I just have to strive and apply. I don't just want to have my PHD, I want to make a difference and shine my light for the pathway of my fulfilling my destiny.

A person who would be interested in attending a HBCU and wants ti receive a good education.

Azael

I will never forget the first day of college: big classes, people from around the world, and the most important, bigger responsibilities. Back in high school students were still treated like kids. Teachers reminded and treated students for almost everthing: behave in class, bring your homework everyday, get to class early or you will stand at corner of the room, and many other things. College was different in a better way. The first day of class my teacher gave me a calender with all the assignments and test dates. My teacher said that eveything we would do was there and that there is no excuse for not knowing when something is due: That was something that I had never experience before; I thought it was cool. College was pure responsibility. No more help and reminders from parents and teachers. Everthing was up to me now: from choosing my schedule, looking for help, and turning my assignments. These experiences helped me be a great responsible person. I got to meet great people from other states and all over the world. It was a great experienced and i loved it.

Shalonda

Well, my classmates, for the most part, are somewhat friendly. Sometimes some are not so friendly, but only the incoming students.

I have gotten the chance to experience what it is like to live in the "real world." It is very difficult at times because I don't have my parents to lean on for help, but it is a great experience to live on campus because it kind of gets you ready for when you actually are going to live on your own.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how the campus is on a hill, so it gets very tiring walking the campus. Also, it is vey hot right now so that makes it even more frustrating.

Norisha

My classmates are loud, never attend class and they always have excuses as to why they dont have their homework and why they dont do their classwork and turn it in on time.

Since i have been in college, i have learned that it is important to get an degree and graduate from college becuase in the real world, the jobs wont take just anybody. You have be skilled at what you want to do and you have to learn how to do it.

i brag about some of my teachers and the faculty there also.

Stacia

I have learned a lot so far. Because you are not under your parents thumb anymore you have to become extremely independent. You have to learn how to problem solve on your own. At myschool ou especially have to stay on top of your affair i.e finncial aid and registration because administration is known to make mistakes. Yo have to take the initiative so that you graduate on time. I have learned how to deal with people and i have had a lot of fun meeting people from different backgrounds.

Someone who doesn't want the HBCU experience.

Anthony

They are well-educated , diverse selected group of individuals who enjoys futhuring their education.

If i could go back and lecture myself about college ,I?d be straight up. Start picking out my likes and dislikes in life, type of person am I, what do I enjoy doing or see myself doing in a career. Once that step is taking care of I'd tell myself to pass with honors or anything possible for the classes that will benefit me the most in certain majors I?m interested in. The future is NOW. "If I could go back in time and was you, I wouldn?t hesitate; I?d get my work done. Would you want to start college and continue classes that could have been taking care of in high school?? High schools are free, take it seriously, because once in college it?s mostly your money, and may feel more of an obligation. I?d ask myself, what I am waiting for, the quicker I finish the better I start and succeed in life. Learn from the mistakes of not just yourself, but others as well. Be smart and wise not just bright.

The realistic view of life, considering the real world aspects of strive.

Galen

Classmates are students that have the same strive to improvement their minds and use those skills to improve our United State...

Classmates are students that have the same strive to improvement their minds and use those skills to improve our United States.

At age 56 and retired from Dow Chemical now, I have tried for a year to find a good paying job and have not found one in this economy. To (1972 Galen), you may not believe this, but you need that sheepskin like your dad got to have as good of life and possibility better then your folks have. A high school degree will get you help you be a grease monkey; achieving an A.A. degree will get you a chemical operator and later a supervisor degree. But a BS degree will open more doors and get better things then you will believe at this point. In high school times are good, it is a fun time; you need to take advantage of your free time, but stay in the books for a short time. The time you devote to school will allow better jobs, promotions, new rewarding challenges, personnel satisfaction of a job will done, and Better Pay. The different in pay from an AA degree and a BS degree is a large different for each year you work. Bonus, performance award are there for BS degree personnel. You do not see that on AA degree Supervisors.

A person that should not attend college is someone that does not have the true desire to leaner or the discipline to complete something.

Nasharra

If I could go back in time I would probably tell myself to really look and make sure that is the school i wanted to attend before making a decison to attend. Find people who already attend to seewhat they like and dislike about the school . So there will be no need to transfer.

I would have to say some of the people who attended the school and the aactivites.

This question is hard to answer, because if the person is like me they will end up transfering as i have

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.