Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Shaquoya

The family-oriented type of environment seems to be a unique quality here at A&M. There is a sense of family unity, even among teachers.

If the oppertunity arose, I would advise myself not allow my mother or any other person wake me for school every morning. Making one's self get up, and get ready for class in a timely and efficient manner is a very important key to succeeding in college. If you are not on time to class, there is no office to go to and get a tardy pass, which i visited frequently. The professor may, or may not allow a late student to enter the classroom. I would also advise myself not allow myself to only socialize with those whom I've already known. I would force myself to speak and interact with individuals I would not typically interact with. In college, there might be a lot of diversity, or a little. Personally, A&M does not have much diversity, but those students whom are the minority, I almost never interact wtih. There is so much that can be learned from individuals of different walks of life, and it is a shame to rob one's self of such an oppertunity. Lastly, I would advise saving any and all extra money . College is extremely difficult academically, as well as finacially.

Any student who is looking for an upbeat, and large city should avoid going to Alabama A&M University. Normal is a growing city, with not much to offer students looking for fast-paced, big city life.

While I was in high school, I procrasted and sent my applications off late, excuting myself from possible scholarships. If I could go back in time, I would complete and send all of my college applications early. I would have been considered for more scholarships and probably could have went to school for free.

I love Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University. It has a large campus with beautiful scenery. When it is warm, I see students playing football on the quad. My school is very sports based, most of our students attend volleyball, basketball, and football games. I love that there is never a dull moment on campus. Flyers are always advertising different events from dance showcases to step shows to ice cream socials. It is also right outside of Huntsville, AL. When we need to go shopping Huntsville is the place to go.

The only two things that I do not like about my school is the cafe food. Some days the cafe will serve food that is very appetizing and some days they serve food that just does not look right at all. The other thing that I do not like is the super long line that is almost constantly outside of financial aid. The line is at its worst when it is time for refund checks.

Silvanus

Alabama A&M is a very unique school from my other choices as being a Historical Black College and University (HBCU), you are constantly surrounded by people of your color if you are of the African American race. Although this may benefit you in some ways, it lacks the diversity that you will see in the corporate world.

My classmates at Alabama A&M University are very different as many come from various backgrounds and are accustomed to being associated with one thing ,and they are used to achieving at goals previously set in thier secondary education.

The transition to college life has been quite an unexpected experience. If I was a high school senior, the main advice I would give myself is to be open-minded in meeting new people. People come from a wide variety of backgrounds and upbringings, and their rituals or sense of normalcy may include things that myself may not be accustomed to. Another piece of advice that I would give myself is to make sure that I have goals and no matter what disstractions may appear, it is chiefly important to constantly remind myself of my purpose of being in school. With parties and many other extra-curricular activities it is easy to become more involved with other thing and forget my academic responsibility. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to avoid pocrastination. Being away in college and not having someone constantly telling me to do something it is easy to wait until the last minute to complete things. With that in mind, it is important to set a schedule and do things in a timely manner to avoid stress. With this advice the trasition to college would have been much smoother.

Kiara

I wish I woud have known a lot about this school before I came. I wish I would have known more about campus living before I came. I probably would have looked at alternate living conditions if I got a chance to visit the dorms on campus. I wish I would have got the chance to meet different staff members on campus that could have helped me when I made the move down here. I feel like my move down here was a lot more difficult than it had to be.

While you are still enrolled in high school, do your best throughout the entire semester. I?m sure most of your classes are electives and you feel as if they are not important, but they still count towards your grade point average. Colleges you apply to will look at your grade point average and it can also help you qualify for different scholarships. You need to apply to as many scholarships as possible to help you pay for school. I recommend that you spend a great deal of time looking into different colleges. You may have a particular college in mind, but you may find a school you like even more. You should also visit these different schools. Take a tour around campus and meet different students that are already enrolled or have graduated from that college. These students can give you better insight on the school. I know that a lot of kids? parents tend to put pressure on their child about going to a certain university, but the choice is up to you. You want to be somewhere that you feel comfortable. I hope this advice is very helpful in your transition from high school to college.

What I believe to be the worst thing about my school is the staff's patience with the students. There are a lot of freshman who don't quite understand how to do get different things done or how to get to different places or people that they need to. The staff at my school that deal with specifec areas often brush students off. I have experienced this a lot my first semester and found my self lost and confused just because someone didn't want to take time out to help me.

Claudia

They welcome you with open arms, like an extended family.

They welcome you with open arms, like an extended family.

If I were allowed the chance to go back and give myself advice, I would say put the college you truly wanna go to and do not just follow someone else. Also try to be financially responsible. Don't just go shopping because your parents put money in your account or because you want the lastest fashion, spend your money wisely such as buying the things you need first, like books or food for your room. The most important is keeping track of deadlines, such as for papers or even applications that may need to be turned in. Don't be afraid to have meet with your professors outside of class because you can get a better understanding. Don't let peer pressure get to you, just be yourself and you will be just fine.

If i could go back in time I would encourage myself more. I would tell myself to start applying for scholarships and work on making my GPA higher. I would make sure I know that nothing comes easy and to work hard for what I want. When applying for college to look deeper into things. I wouldn't just pick any school, I will make sure it's the best for me. Focus is the most important thing! Another advice I will give myself is to not move far away from home. That is the biggest mistake I could have made by choosing a college. the advice I would give myself is to stay strong and don't party too much in college. Just have fun and make good grades.

At my school we have regular cafeteria lunch. At most schools they have different resturants. We also have almost every sport here.

A person who really wants to attend an all black school. Someone who is patient and understanding.

Brittnie

I would tell myself to "stay strong". I would say "Get your act together NOW! You can go so far! ". If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would reassure myself that I am worth it. I, Brittnie Scurry, can become the pediatrician that I want to be. I would look into my eyes and say "No matter where you come from, you can make it ".

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is self-motivated, out-going, and goal-oriented. They must be able to adapt to being at a school with mostly black students. People who don't come from a very rich background usually come here. The cost of living and tuition in low. Also people who are looking for an oppurtunity that may not have had many can come here and succeed.

I brag about the orginizations that I am apart of. I am very proud of my affiliations on campus as well as the bonds that I have made through the years.

Service is Sovereignty defines Alabama A & M; the independence and community.

Service is Sovereignty defines Alabama A & M; the independence and community.

My university is know for the destinct history, prestigious background, and being on "The Hill."

As I look back on my high school career, I ask myself this question many times. When in high school, applying for colleges was a hardship, but when I finally found the college that was suitiable for me, I was excited. If I could do it again and talk to myself I would say that college is what a person makes of it. By doing this, go to the college/university that best fits you, and not what sounds fun or a good time. If the college/universtiy does not have everything that you enjoy doing, diversity, hobbies, majors, or space then you may want to reconsider and pick another college/university that does. High school teachers always put infaces on college, saying it is not like high school; but yet I find it exactly the same, but with more people, bigger classes, leasure, and most of all freedom. Being an undecided major would have been alright, because then I could have found what really interest me. The same work habit that I had in high school, maintain that, but just keep working that much harder. Set goals and plans. College is valuable, you determine the outcome.

Donna

Do the best you can in the situations you are in right now. The decisions you make now affect your future; not just your immediate future, but the rest of your life. You are building your character now, and what you become now is what you will be and lead others to become later. Know what you want to do, and pursue your dreams. There's no time like the present, so make the best of it now. Take risk, without risk, there is no glory. Don't let anyone hold you back from your dreams; "The world belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Martez

Although its going to be rough when you start, and your going to want to quit , you stick in their it will pay off in the future.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they need to update ther software.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.