Normal, AL
Alabama A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama A & M University

Anthony

They are well-educated , diverse selected group of individuals who enjoys futhuring their education.

If i could go back and lecture myself about college ,I?d be straight up. Start picking out my likes and dislikes in life, type of person am I, what do I enjoy doing or see myself doing in a career. Once that step is taking care of I'd tell myself to pass with honors or anything possible for the classes that will benefit me the most in certain majors I?m interested in. The future is NOW. "If I could go back in time and was you, I wouldn?t hesitate; I?d get my work done. Would you want to start college and continue classes that could have been taking care of in high school?? High schools are free, take it seriously, because once in college it?s mostly your money, and may feel more of an obligation. I?d ask myself, what I am waiting for, the quicker I finish the better I start and succeed in life. Learn from the mistakes of not just yourself, but others as well. Be smart and wise not just bright.

The realistic view of life, considering the real world aspects of strive.

Galen

Classmates are students that have the same strive to improvement their minds and use those skills to improve our United State...

Classmates are students that have the same strive to improvement their minds and use those skills to improve our United States.

At age 56 and retired from Dow Chemical now, I have tried for a year to find a good paying job and have not found one in this economy. To (1972 Galen), you may not believe this, but you need that sheepskin like your dad got to have as good of life and possibility better then your folks have. A high school degree will get you help you be a grease monkey; achieving an A.A. degree will get you a chemical operator and later a supervisor degree. But a BS degree will open more doors and get better things then you will believe at this point. In high school times are good, it is a fun time; you need to take advantage of your free time, but stay in the books for a short time. The time you devote to school will allow better jobs, promotions, new rewarding challenges, personnel satisfaction of a job will done, and Better Pay. The different in pay from an AA degree and a BS degree is a large different for each year you work. Bonus, performance award are there for BS degree personnel. You do not see that on AA degree Supervisors.

A person that should not attend college is someone that does not have the true desire to leaner or the discipline to complete something.

Nasharra

If I could go back in time I would probably tell myself to really look and make sure that is the school i wanted to attend before making a decison to attend. Find people who already attend to seewhat they like and dislike about the school . So there will be no need to transfer.

I would have to say some of the people who attended the school and the aactivites.

This question is hard to answer, because if the person is like me they will end up transfering as i have

Britney

Knowing what I know now, there's a lot of adivce I would give myself. I would tell myself to stay focused and college is totally different from high school which makes it much easier to get off track and end up with the wrong crowd, to keep god and family first throughout the transition and to look at college as a time to grow and mature.

The best thing about Alabama A&M University is the faculity and staff as well as the campus life. The faculity and staff of Alabama A&M university works closely with each student and makes sure we make it over every academic hurdle that we are faced with. A&M is the safest as well as the most beautiful sites you will ever see.

I wish I had known more about what to expect from a college University, such as classes, scholarship, and most importantly campus life.

Nathaniel

Most of my classmates are cooperative and focused on the mattter at hand and very easy to work with.

Learn all you can when you get to college, even things that were not taught to you in classes or within your organizations. stay involved because it will come back with a positive result. Place your faith in only God and yourself and you will be sucessful in anything that you choose to do. Live your life to the fullest as well, no more being shy or sitting in the back waiting to be acknowledged. Speak up, socialize, be involved, and above all keep your focus on the important things in life.

Anyone who is willing to earn their college degree(s) and fit the requiremnts to attend the University. All ethnicies are welcome, and it is predominately an African-American populated university.

Shaquoya

The family-oriented type of environment seems to be a unique quality here at A&M. There is a sense of family unity, even among teachers.

If the oppertunity arose, I would advise myself not allow my mother or any other person wake me for school every morning. Making one's self get up, and get ready for class in a timely and efficient manner is a very important key to succeeding in college. If you are not on time to class, there is no office to go to and get a tardy pass, which i visited frequently. The professor may, or may not allow a late student to enter the classroom. I would also advise myself not allow myself to only socialize with those whom I've already known. I would force myself to speak and interact with individuals I would not typically interact with. In college, there might be a lot of diversity, or a little. Personally, A&M does not have much diversity, but those students whom are the minority, I almost never interact wtih. There is so much that can be learned from individuals of different walks of life, and it is a shame to rob one's self of such an oppertunity. Lastly, I would advise saving any and all extra money . College is extremely difficult academically, as well as finacially.

Any student who is looking for an upbeat, and large city should avoid going to Alabama A&M University. Normal is a growing city, with not much to offer students looking for fast-paced, big city life.

While I was in high school, I procrasted and sent my applications off late, excuting myself from possible scholarships. If I could go back in time, I would complete and send all of my college applications early. I would have been considered for more scholarships and probably could have went to school for free.

I love Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University. It has a large campus with beautiful scenery. When it is warm, I see students playing football on the quad. My school is very sports based, most of our students attend volleyball, basketball, and football games. I love that there is never a dull moment on campus. Flyers are always advertising different events from dance showcases to step shows to ice cream socials. It is also right outside of Huntsville, AL. When we need to go shopping Huntsville is the place to go.

The only two things that I do not like about my school is the cafe food. Some days the cafe will serve food that is very appetizing and some days they serve food that just does not look right at all. The other thing that I do not like is the super long line that is almost constantly outside of financial aid. The line is at its worst when it is time for refund checks.

Silvanus

My classmates at Alabama A&M University are very different as many come from various backgrounds and are accustomed to being associated with one thing ,and they are used to achieving at goals previously set in thier secondary education.

Alabama A&M is a very unique school from my other choices as being a Historical Black College and University (HBCU), you are constantly surrounded by people of your color if you are of the African American race. Although this may benefit you in some ways, it lacks the diversity that you will see in the corporate world.

The transition to college life has been quite an unexpected experience. If I was a high school senior, the main advice I would give myself is to be open-minded in meeting new people. People come from a wide variety of backgrounds and upbringings, and their rituals or sense of normalcy may include things that myself may not be accustomed to. Another piece of advice that I would give myself is to make sure that I have goals and no matter what disstractions may appear, it is chiefly important to constantly remind myself of my purpose of being in school. With parties and many other extra-curricular activities it is easy to become more involved with other thing and forget my academic responsibility. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to avoid pocrastination. Being away in college and not having someone constantly telling me to do something it is easy to wait until the last minute to complete things. With that in mind, it is important to set a schedule and do things in a timely manner to avoid stress. With this advice the trasition to college would have been much smoother.

Kiara

While you are still enrolled in high school, do your best throughout the entire semester. I?m sure most of your classes are electives and you feel as if they are not important, but they still count towards your grade point average. Colleges you apply to will look at your grade point average and it can also help you qualify for different scholarships. You need to apply to as many scholarships as possible to help you pay for school. I recommend that you spend a great deal of time looking into different colleges. You may have a particular college in mind, but you may find a school you like even more. You should also visit these different schools. Take a tour around campus and meet different students that are already enrolled or have graduated from that college. These students can give you better insight on the school. I know that a lot of kids? parents tend to put pressure on their child about going to a certain university, but the choice is up to you. You want to be somewhere that you feel comfortable. I hope this advice is very helpful in your transition from high school to college.

I wish I woud have known a lot about this school before I came. I wish I would have known more about campus living before I came. I probably would have looked at alternate living conditions if I got a chance to visit the dorms on campus. I wish I would have got the chance to meet different staff members on campus that could have helped me when I made the move down here. I feel like my move down here was a lot more difficult than it had to be.

What I believe to be the worst thing about my school is the staff's patience with the students. There are a lot of freshman who don't quite understand how to do get different things done or how to get to different places or people that they need to. The staff at my school that deal with specifec areas often brush students off. I have experienced this a lot my first semester and found my self lost and confused just because someone didn't want to take time out to help me.

Claudia

They welcome you with open arms, like an extended family.

They welcome you with open arms, like an extended family.

If I were allowed the chance to go back and give myself advice, I would say put the college you truly wanna go to and do not just follow someone else. Also try to be financially responsible. Don't just go shopping because your parents put money in your account or because you want the lastest fashion, spend your money wisely such as buying the things you need first, like books or food for your room. The most important is keeping track of deadlines, such as for papers or even applications that may need to be turned in. Don't be afraid to have meet with your professors outside of class because you can get a better understanding. Don't let peer pressure get to you, just be yourself and you will be just fine.

Alabama A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.