Monroeville, AL
Alabama Southern Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alabama Southern Community College

Alabama Southern (Coastal Alabama Community College) is a very academically advanced community college. The professors at large try their best to teach the material needed for the class to everyone as thorough as possible. They are always available during their office hours, which they would prefer you to email to schedule an appointment for a meeting but also if not available in their office they are just as helpful via email. Not only do you have the help of the professors but they also have student support services that offers tutoring services for anyone that needs it free of charge. The advisors are super nice and are always willing to help you. Every faculty and staff personnel treats you so nice and honestly they treat you as if you are their own child. It's a small campus but it the students make it feel like a home away from home. Throughout the year, they have an amazing amount of fun things to do from joining the clubs the first week of school, to welcome week, to movie nights on the lawn, to haunted pathways, to volunteer drives, to just about anything you could think of. Going to Coastal Alabama was the best decision I've ever made. I enjoy the two years that I went there and would definitely recommend the college to others. I definitely would recommend it money wise. Coastal has a variety of scholarships and aid opportunities. They try their best to help people financially as much as possible. Even if you are transferring they give you many opportunities to get transfer scholarships from a club or organization that the have available. They have a lot of work study jobs also for the students. Coastal is by far the best community college that I've attended.

Tatiana

The school is great overall if you want to go to a small school. The professors are easy to talk to and eager to help their students unlike University Professors. Alabama Southern has a great atmosphere. Mostly everyone gets along well with each other.

Kay

love the college has small class sizes and one on one time with teachers

love the college has small class sizes and one on one time with teachers

Jerrica

Alabama Southern is a great college to attend to better prepare students for that transition to an university. The instructors are available and on hand, as well as advisors. The campus isn't too small or too big. The classroom sizes are nice enough where the teachers can attend to every student.

Allison

Attending Alabama Southern Community College has been the best decision and it is ok to go to a community college first. At a community college you get to truly decide what you want to do with your career before you start taking core classes so just be patient and take one class at a time. Get involved in activities now in high school and when you go to colleg, do not be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. Make sure to learn good study habits now and have good time mangament skills so you will be ahead when it comes to studying for those hard tests. Enjoy this time of knowledge and be patient knowing that you are preparing for your future and your legacy

The limited number of classes offered on the other ASCC campuses like Thomasville, Gilbertown, & Jackson

The teachers are Amazing, understanding, and intelligent. President Sykes has done a great job with the school, faculty, and students. Dr. Sykes cares about the students and our learning experience while at ASCC. Dr. Sykes also encourages finishing what you started. I've had the best experience and my transfer advisor has been the best.

Asiah

My school is a great place to start off being fresh out of high school because it is familar to everyone who lives in this to...

My school is a great place to start off being fresh out of high school because it is familar to everyone who lives in this town.

My school is unique because of the way it is set up, everyone knows everyone.

I would tell myself to do not take study hours lightly. The free time you have do not use it texting and partying around, use that time to work on the mistakes you have made on work you have donein class. The mistakes you have made on subjects in class, you will make them in college if you do not take the time out your day to correct them. I would even tell myself to be more ambitious in trying to find a way to succeed instead of depending on people. I would say you need to strive to get where you need to be in your educational life. You can not depend on everyone to hold your hand and help you through every downfall you have, you are going to need to learn and be able to handle things like the young adult you are about to become in less time than you think. Its time to grow up into an adult and handle adult situations on your own. Senior year is not the time to give up on trying to succeed, Senior year is just the beginning of becoming successful.

Latoya

Alabama Southern is best known for having one of the best LPN programs in the area.

I would first ask myself, "Do I want to be at a big school and meet alot of people?" Then I would say that its best to attend a four year college because most jobs now require an Bachelor's or Masters degree. Don't try to take the easy route and go to a community college, get an associates degree, and be happy. Go to a four year college, pick a good major, meet as many people as possible, learn as much as possible, graduate a happy human being, and get an awsome job.

I mostly brag about my teacher Mrs. Linda Grant, because she is an awsome teacher. She always put her students first. When she see's a student struggling she ask that student to meet her after class to discuss their problems. To have a techer like her is s good thing to have. Thats what I love most about her and thats why I brag about her. She is a great person.

The main thing i would tell myself is to stop trying to grow up so fast and just enjoy what I have along with the time I have with my friends and family. I would try harder in my studies and focus more on getting in to a good and stable college instead of going to parties all the time and trying to "live it up." Last but not least i would walk away from all the drama and just let things flow more naturally

My friends and I do not discuss my school, because of prior incidents that took place between us.

I find nothing about my school frustrating.

Silas

First, I would definitely tell my high school senior self to "stay focused." Make sure you end your year on a good note and know exactly what it is you want to do then do it. Make sure you fill out all forms and applications you need in order to attend a college of your choice with no worries. Another thing I would have to say is that you must keep up with your studies. So many of my classmates either did not know the lessons we were reviewing over or they just totally forgot how to do it which greatly affected their first semester grades. The most important aspect I would have to tell you is that you must truly take in everything your teachers tell you about college life. They were not lying. You should feel relieved that your math teacher talks to you and your classmates everyday about the college life, prepares you for lessons that she knows college will teach, and how a GPA in high school is nothing to brag about once you enter college because it is a whole different ballpark. Please don't let me scare you though, college is a great experience.

That a GPA is really not that important in high school as it is in college. In college C's and D's are nowhere near as valualbe as they are in high school. Every grade truly counts. My GPA is close to a 2.5 because of the very tough math classes I am taking. You have to strive to make A's and B's in college especially with four credit classes if you want to maintain a 3.0 or better. Most importantly, I wish I would have known that classes are over an hour long, lol.

A person who is not quite ready to leave home or just not ready for the big campus life should definitely attend Alabama Southern or any community college. There are many benefits from this, such as being able to stay home, woeking a part time job, and most importantly, the classes are very high school like in terms of size. The teachers are able to learn your name and can actually assist you in any type of help you need whether in class or after class. Oh yea, and I think most community college teachers speak English fluently, lol.

Alabama Southern Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.