Anchorage, AK
Alaska Career College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alaska Career College

Anastasia

Personally, I don't think I could've chosen a better school for my chosen profession. The school had me bring my parents along with me incase they were worried about where I was going to be or how safe the area is. I can say the area and school are safe! A whole lot of great people to meet, all from different backgrounds. And the instructors are excellent and compassionate as well.

Denise

I am happy I was advised to look into furthering my career by getting my associates degree in accounting. I graduated from high school almost 30 years ago, and was nervous about going back to school. The admission department did a wonderful job of making me feel like I could be successful and be a mentor to other students. The class size is perfect, not too large and not too small. The teachers are very involved and always available to assist students in getting the homework/classwork completely and to be successful. We have been given opportunities to get certified in Microsoft programs and encourage to work efficiently and build our resume in preparation for getting a good paying job when we graduate. I would highly recommend Alaska Career College to everyone.

kayleen

its a great experience, and I'm learning so much. The program that i am in is to become a Phlebotomy Technician. Its currently very fast pace, but that is because i picked to be on a weekend class which is very convenient for how my life is right now. especially with my newborn. Other than that the teachers are very helpful, and are great at teaching the material.

Pang Kou

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advices I would have told myself would to get myself involve around the school activities, such as sports, and classes they offer that would be beneficial to college, such as student counsel, student government, etc, taking extra programs after school, and also programs that would benefit my career that would help me even better into the job market. As for the ACT and SAT, if I knew it would be that of college effective, I would have study so hard.

The best thing about my school is that in a specific program it is a hands-on learning program and you can earn your certificate within a year. They teach you everything specifically and help you become a professional at it even if you need help they are willing to help for improvements until you can do it all by yourself. They watch you and tell you the mistakes then teach you again to better.

The kind of people that should attend this school are those who are will to continur learning and also enjoy going to school as well. At this school they teach you a lot of very educational things in a day so you can't miss a day of school. If you missed a day of school you aren't going to like a lot of the homeworks the next day, unless you do it within the day you missed school to stay on track.

Nikki

I would of told myself to not be scared and to jump in to this school as soon as I graduated! Its a wonderful school and all the staff have open doors to all the students and if you are having a hard time in a subject, as long as you say something they jump in and help!

It's a small campus so they don't have a lot of programs.

This is a very hands on school, if you like on hands learning at a quick pace then this school is for you!

Shannon

My classmates are very opinionated and eager to learn, as am I.

My classmates are very opinionated and eager to learn, as am I.

The most unique quality of Career Academy, that I have found, is instead of attending college for two years, I will be attending for eight months and receive better education. In addition, smaller class sizes are very enjoyable, as I am able to speak freely to the teacher if I don't understand something. The teachers take time to help, one on one.

Assuming I was back in high school as a senior, I think I would want to know that the transition is not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. I would tell myself to not sress out about the transition because it's going to happen and it's not that bad.

Naimeiy

The thing about Career Academy that stood out to me was the fact that after I graduate, I am still able to come back and refresh my education by attending classes in my field that are in session at the time. I find that very helpful and motivating for all different types of students. Also, the staff here are quick to say yes in helping the students with whatever they need. There are students who have difficulties at home, whether it be personal or child care, and the staff here bend backwards to help students.

College, like high school, will become one of the most memorable years of your life. It's easy to choose what field you want to be in but as the years go by you might start looking in at other fields and options. From the different people you will meet to the knowlegde you'll inherit will have an effect on your career choices and the direction it will take. The most important thing is to zoom your focus in on exactly what you want to be doing and the field it's in as well as where you want to take it. Some courses may require you to go outside your comfort zone and it then becomes what you are willing to do or sacrifice. You have to figure out how much time you will need to obtain the knowledge that is going to full fill your utmost desire. There are students who jump right in and are unable to transition into independance. You have to continue with drive, compassion and self motivation to get where you want to go. What your future will be is decided by you and with your decisions will determine your future.

The worst thing in my school would have to be working in the computer lab. I love my school and the staff here but the computer lab has a mind of it's own. Days where the sun is out and its sunny outside, the computer lab is feels like a sauna. When we need the heat and the temperature outside is below ten degrees, it's freezing in the computer lab. Love the school but there are adjustments really needed in the computer lab.

• $0

Alaska Career College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.