Alaska Career College Top Questions

Pang Kou

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advices I would have told myself would to get myself involve around the school activities, such as sports, and classes they offer that would be beneficial to college, such as student counsel, student government, etc, taking extra programs after school, and also programs that would benefit my career that would help me even better into the job market. As for the ACT and SAT, if I knew it would be that of college effective, I would have study so hard.

Nikki

I would of told myself to not be scared and to jump in to this school as soon as I graduated! Its a wonderful school and all the staff have open doors to all the students and if you are having a hard time in a subject, as long as you say something they jump in and help!

Shannon

Assuming I was back in high school as a senior, I think I would want to know that the transition is not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. I would tell myself to not sress out about the transition because it's going to happen and it's not that bad.

Naimeiy

College, like high school, will become one of the most memorable years of your life. It's easy to choose what field you want to be in but as the years go by you might start looking in at other fields and options. From the different people you will meet to the knowlegde you'll inherit will have an effect on your career choices and the direction it will take. The most important thing is to zoom your focus in on exactly what you want to be doing and the field it's in as well as where you want to take it. Some courses may require you to go outside your comfort zone and it then becomes what you are willing to do or sacrifice. You have to figure out how much time you will need to obtain the knowledge that is going to full fill your utmost desire. There are students who jump right in and are unable to transition into independance. You have to continue with drive, compassion and self motivation to get where you want to go. What your future will be is decided by you and with your decisions will determine your future.

clifford

Know that i would have graduated sooner