Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

Ava

This school has many resources that can be used to help develop your academic skills. It has enabled me to push myself to do better towards working to get a better future. The professors are always available to help, even when the pandemic hit, they still made themselves accessible to students.

Melanie

It is a good school that has lots of well-rounded activities and opportunities for students.

Madison

ACPHS is a really great school with awesome professors who are dedicated to helping you succeed. The curriculum isn't easy, but there are so many resources to help you succeed. Everyone is so friendly here, and it's so easy to make friends between the various events, clubs, and organizations on campus.

Diana

I like to stay active. We have 40 active clubs and professional organizations to get involved in. The curriculum is challenging but there are a lot of resources in campus that help you succeed in every course. Dorms give a lot of privacy and there are plenty of small classrooms where you can meet up with friends and study for the exams together.

Kathleen

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is an extraordinary school for those who wish to pursue a future career in the health care field. The faculty and staff are incredibly supportive and inspiring, and always available if someone needed to talk to them about academics or even just simple life questions. The student environment is welcoming and fun, making it easier to move to a brand new city a hundred miles away from home. Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is the perfect school for any student who wants to save the health of the public and change the world.

Elio

I can honestly say there is no other school for me. ACPHS is a family. Do we hate it sometimes? Of course, but there is a love for it too. The college is extremely difficult, but the student body is extremely supportive. It is awesome to have faculty recognize my face and know my name. You are not a number here. If you want a leadership opportunity this is a place for you! All you have to do is reach out to faculty and they will help you become a campus leader. It is easy to see why this place has a good reputation in the community. Just be warned, your experience here will not be like your friends. We do not have a big college campus, there are not a million clubs or even a ton of Greek Life. You will have to study often and hard. Not going to sugar coat it, academics are tough. However, you are given opportunities to succeed so take advantage of all resources and you will be fine!

Gabriella

The people were nice, and I might be applying. I'm not sure yet though.

Albany College of Pharmacy is a good and strict school.

Andrea

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is an academically focused college. The pre-pharmacy curriculum is easy to get into but extremely difficult. Students should be aware of the campus food- some of it is good, the rest is pretty bad. However over all the school is fantastic and the professors are caring and helpful.

Katherine

It offers some very good programs for driven students who are willing to put in the effort necessary to learn. The majors here aren't easy so the classes aren't easy, but if you plan your time right you can do well and have a great overall experience. There are also lots of ways to get involved with tons of different clubs for different sports, activities and professional advancement.

This school is welcoming and accommodating! the price was the fairest on I was offered, and thats including a state school! Overall, even though its not as prestigious as I hoped for, it's a school that cares about the success and future of its students.

Aimee'

This school was my second choice while narrowing down my choices. Although my Major is narrow amongst the schools I reviewed, and after my school visit at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, I wouldn't have any other way. The staff and faculty made me feel so comfortable that I fell in love with the environment right away.

Joslyn

When I began school here, I was disappointed with pretty much everything. Now at the end of my first year, I'm very happy I stayed at the school for the second semester. The classes got easier and I was able to find the groups of people that I work well with. Most of the teachers are super fun and are willing to help and work with your schedule.

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences provides a great environment, and focuses strongly on student success. If you know that a career in Pharmacy, or another Health-Related field is for you, ACPHS is definitely a good place to consider to attend. It has awesome facilitates, and every year continues to make changes and upgrades to suit the students needs. The college curriculum is not easy, but it is doable if you set your mind to it, and put in the work. Overall, ACPHS is a great school, where everyone on campus feels welcomed, and that their opinion and needs do truly matter.

Laura

ACPHS has a friendly atmosphere, but many of us are trying to keep our heads above the water. I generally like about 75% of the faculty for teaching style, and most of them are easy to get ahold of. For the love of god do not buy the school computer. Would not recommend for someone to come here if they are only looking for a party. We are very focused on academics and professionalism here. The administration is not your friend.

ACPHS is a small and very connected community. If you don't like small school vibes, I would suggest looking elsewhere. If you are interested in the Bachelor's programs at this school- they are very limited but the program is growing and expanding every year. I believe the BS programs will be outstanding in some time.

Caitlin

ACPHS is a good school if you are interested in pharmacy. We do have bachelor programs, however, in my opinion pharmacy is a larger focus, as it should be. There are a lot of pharmacy schools opening but I do think the smaller community feeling is better suitable for learning. You never "feel alone" since we are all experiencing the same challenges. We are a smaller school and professors are easy to access.

Bryan

ACPHS has been a great place to go for my pharmacy education so far. The professors are all very accessible, and the community is beneficial for learning. I do wish that some of the classes were a little smaller, but that is my only complaint. The on campus housing is very nice, and there is plenty to do on campus. I definitely recommend taking a look at ACPHS.

Britney

ACPHS is truly a close-knit community with professors and faculty who care for you, students with similar mindsets, a campus that is super accessible, and an overall environment that promotes a wholesome education. I believe ACPHS offers a variety of things to do that extend beyond academics and studying, such as clubs, organizations, and much more, which is very useful and encouraging in demanding programs such as the PharmD program.

Julia

Albany college of pharmacy (ACPHS) is a great place to achieve your goal as becoming a pharmacist. m on a personal level. If you are looking for a place to further your education in health sciences/ pharmacy, ACPHS is a good place to be.

mohammed

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is an academically focused institution. The college allows for various networking and opportunities for students. The classrooms are small in size and allows one-on-one attention with students and their professors. The environment is very welcoming and there are a variety of resources available on campus.

Maryam

ACPHS has a diverse group of dedicated and hard-working students. The school provides many useful resources for students to help them succeed. The school transitions first year students to their first year of college well, and it is clear that professors want students to succeed in that they are always willing to take the time to go the extra mile to help students do their best!

Kevin

It is a great school if you want to earn a PharmD and are serious about it. If you are looking for more of a traditional college experience then ACPHS isn't what you want. The student body is small which has both positive and negative aspects. Thinking positive, it means smaller class sizes and easier for your professors to know you be name rather than a number. I prefer the small class size along with the large work load because I don't think I would be able to keep up with PharmD classes if I went to larger, more distracting school. The negative aspect of the small student body is that word gets around quick and its like being back in High School. As I stated before, the PharmD program comes with a large work load, especially during the P1 year. However, I am still able to have decent grades and a social life, but it takes alot of studying and hard work.

Jacqueline

I'm so happy I made the decision to come here and don't regret it at all. The campus is small enough that there isn't a ton of walking, yet big enough that you don't feel like you're constantly on top of people. You're with your class from day one to finish with all your classes for the most part, so there's always a friend nearby. Class sizes are great because they have small numbers and it becomes personal when getting to know your professor. The advisors are wonderful and really know their stuff to help students succeed at this school and after they graduate. There are tons of resources on campus to help with all aspects (tutoring, health and personal problems. The dorms are really nice and were a main factor for why I chose ACPHS. Each building has free laundry and the bedroom/suite sizes are really big.

Eileen

I am pre-med student in the Bachelors of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) program. I feel that I have been well prepared in terms of academics and it's nice to be surrounded by mostly like-minded people who share a lot the same interests in the medical field as I do. However, my education hasn't been limited just to science; I have had much exposure to the humanities and ethics.

Jacqueline

The campus is small that you always see a familiar face. Professors are always willing to meet and arrange their schedule based off their students. Housing is really nice compared to other schools. Private bathrooms, free laundry, full kitchens, single bedrooms, can have car on campus starting freshman year.

Alena

I found the school to be tight-knit community, filled with people who have a medical field focus. People that decide to come to ACPHS really have an understanding of hard work and learning for a purpose. I have always felt welcome here, and have really got the chance to be myself and be more social than I was in high school.

Alexis

ACPHS is a good college. Academics are difficult, but are certainly manageable. If students work hard, then they can find success, become involved, and have fun throughout their college career.

Abigail

ACPHS' small, tight knit community was what appealed to me the most when applying to different colleges. My small home town made the transition to college much easier because ACPHS felt like home. There is always something to do whether it be on or off campus, and you can make just about anything fun when you are with the amazing, lifelong friends you'll make here. The academics are challenging, but certainly manageable if you are willing to put in the work and effort.

Kayli

ACPHS is a small college with a tight-knit community feeling. The college offers a rigorous academic schedule that prepares students for a future in healthcare. Professors are always available to help students. The campus is located in a convenient location in Albany with various hospitals, shops, restaurants, malls, and other colleges nearby.

Alexandra

I love the small school aspect of ACPHS. And even though it is a small school, there are many opportunities and ways to get involved on campus and in the community. This school has an amazing new Public Health program and many Master's programs to continue your education.

Brendan

ACPHS is a great school if you know what you're here to do and you're determined to stick to it. It takes a lot of maturation from high school, and you won't feel prepared at ALL for exams and assessments. The student community is a huge help, more-so than the faculty, probably just in terms of availability and experience. You will hate your life at times, but at the end of the week, it's not that bad. Persevere !

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (ACPHS) is a great institution for people who are highly motivated and looking for a career in healthcare. If you are not completely decided on your future career in healthcare, this will not be the place for you. The majors available offer very few opportunities out of the realm of pharmacy/healthcare/research, so if you change your mind, your only option is transferring. Academics are definitely a priority, but there is plenty on and off campus to do for some fun. Campus has a tight-knit feel and students are friendly, connected, and well-meaning. All in all, it's a great place to get a great education.

It is a challenging curriculum that requires dedication and persistence, but the campus atmosphere is enjoyable if you have a positive attitude.

Ckailea

The school is trying to be great! We never stop studying. Ever. The food is getting better and the kids are friendly. We partake in activities on campus regularly. The science classes are very informative and a little tough. The small class sizes helps create a tight knit feeling.

Kiley

Best decision I've made to further my education in medicine. As a student in the Biomed Tech B.S./AMCs PA Program, I’m appreciative for the focus of classes. If I'd chosen Pre-Med elsewhere, I wouldn't be exposed to as many health sciences so early. Coursework is rigorous. Professors are passionate/knowledgeable. There are many resources to succeed at the difficult courses including office hours, review sessions, peer tutoring, writing center, the Science Assistance Center, and the Center for Student Success. They have various duel degree programs with direct entry into various programs. Including PA school at AMC, JD at Albany Law, DO/MD schools, and the MS/PharmD here. Res life is supportive, and dorms have AC and private bathrooms! 2nd year most students have private bedrooms. Food's been steadily improving. The cafe on campus is unique and popular. The dining hall is receptive to critiques/change. I highly recommend to anyone seeking a rigorous and well-known degree in health.

Julia

ACPHS is a great college choice if you're ready to work hard to achieve your goals and step out of your comfort zone. The academics are extremely challenging, but the support you get from students and faculty around campus make it worth while. At ACPHS you're not just a student in a lecture hall, faculty will get to know you if you put in the effort to get to know them too. I did have a difficult time adjusting from a high school learning/study to the rigorous course-load that ACPHS has to offer, but the experience has been proven worth it through all of the leadership experience, the professional experience, and the volunteer experiences I've had at ACPHS thus far.

Nicholas

I love the fact that ACPHS has such a small campus. It truly helps students get in contact with their professors and become closer to them. Professors truly want to see students succeed and are available at almost all times during the week. The campus dorms are extremely nice and well kept. Classes are very challenging but are also very rewarding for the most part. The worst part about the school is the office of Res Life. They are a group of money hungry criminals who want nothing more than to throw fines at students for drinking a beer in the dorms.

Kaitlyn

ACPHS is a phenomenal college with an even better community of professors and students. The professors truly want you to succeed and are always willing to help a student who asks. The dorms are really nice and modern which make for a very comfortable living environment. I never feel unsafe on campus because everywhere you look there is a public safety officer. The food on campus is very diverse and even includes an ice cream and topping bar. The class sizes are small which makes it really easy to ask questions and get help from professors. The small class sizes also make it easy to make connections with professors and faculty that will help advance your career in the future. We don’t really have huge athletic events on campus due to our focus on education and career preparation. Overall, ACPHS has been an amazing place to spend the last two years of my life and I look forward to many more

Dameree

ACPHS is what you make it. It is a college so professors don't hover over you . If you're struggling, you have to be the one to look for help but the professors are always available . There are plenty of creative clubs to balance out the academics such as, game club, equestrian club, another creative perspective, and dance team. Theres even research opportunities on campus with professors if you want to stay more involved in research. There is something for everyone here, you just have to find it.

Ellis

I think that the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is the type of college where you can find a home and a strong academic community to support you throughout your years. While the college course work is very difficult and lacks in certain areas of student engagement, there is an effort to connect the members of the community in all programs. The college does encourage students to be engaged they lack in understanding the course load that students are under and their inability to participate in such activities. Should the college change the way students and faculty interact with equal communication between the two groups, there would be a better understanding for the students' needs and the faculty's expectations.

Jiayu

My overall opinion of Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is I believe this is a place that can help me to achieve my goal that to be a better person and have contribution to the community. Even though it is hard for me to study and be a doctor, I will still try my best to reach it as possible as I can.

Morgan

In my opinion, Albany College of Pharmacy offers a lot of opportunity for their students educationally, setting them up properly for their careers after graduation. Coming to this school taught me to be more understanding of other people and their backgrounds, and how to deal with racism, whether it be explicit or implicit. The school is enjoyable to those who can balance their school life with a social life.

Irene

ACPHS is a great school if you are interested in a science field, especially pharmacy, pre-PA, pre-med and so on. One of the things about this school is that the campus is small enough that most of the faculties know you even though you have not taken their courses. Also, most of the professors are ready for you when you visit during their office hour and try to help as much as they can if you are struggling with any of the materials. All the programs and their course works are definitely challenging but they are worth it.

Ana Sofia

I love how the school is making you focus on your studies because we all know how pursuing healthcare can be very challenging. The school itself is okay. But the professors make it incredible. They always adjust and make time for their students. My professors heavily encourage us to visit them during office hours just to ask or simply talk about anything.