Albany State University Top Questions

Mychale

Before I came to Albany State I wish I would have known that this school did not have a shuttle to get to activities outside of the school yard.

Marlana

Before I enrolled in Albany State University I wish that I knew that greek lettered organizations are not everything. I had no previous exposure to them and was very naive in deciding to join one. Although I researched the organizations before I chose one, I still believe that I went about my decision very blindly.

Elbony

The cost of room and board. Its very expensive and that I'm not working its hard to maintain the tutition. I have to constantly take out loans just to stay on campus.

Janeka

I wish that I was aware that there were other schools that I could have attended that I was interested in. My goal was to actually get into college. My mind was so set on going to a school that I blindly jumped into a sea filled with endless nonsense. My school is very unorganized and I do not feel very comfortable here. The only reason I choose not to transfer is because, I play volleyball. I have bonded with my coach and some of my teammates. So despite me disliking Albany State University, I'll stay for my team.

stacey

How much partying would be invovoled. A party every now and then i understand, but if the faculty and staff all know that tests and work are due that week or day, wait for the parties. It makes no sense in how many parties are bein held every day at this school. Most of the time its the faculty and staff allowing their students to party all night long and wake up bright and early and expecting them in class the next day.

Brandie

I wish I would have known a liltte bit more about the housing lottery , because its outrageous that we have to do such a thing in my opinion.

Some things I wish that I would have known before I came to Albany State is, picking the right major for me and getting involved on my own time. I came into Albany State wanting to major into businness for the money and I found that I had a true passon for teaching. I went to a conference and someone told me that if you can do your carreer for free that it is the job for you.

Keisha

the way classes are offered.

Tearel

the way thing operated and what you have to go through just to get the amount of aid that you need

Aaron

N/A

Camile

I wish someone would have told me about the lack of job opportunities in Albany. For someone who stays off-campus and doesn't receive financial support from my family it is hard to pay bills month to month.

Charlesque

I wish I would have known books were so expensive.