Albion College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Albion College

Makayla

My opinion of Albion College is that it’s very welcoming at first. To be honest I was worried to go to a PWI, but Albion turned out to be pretty good for the most part. I like how even though the Campus is small it seems to have a lot of involvement surprisingly and there’s great support all around.

katie

I was there for one semester and decided to leave because I felt like I couldn't connect with any of the students. It appeared to me that if you were not well to do and fit a certain type of person, you wouldn't have much luck with other students. I am a very shy person who can come off as awkward and have put myself out there in one semester more than I have in four years of high school and have yet to connect with one student. On the positive side, the class sizes were relatively small and the campus was a lot less overwhelming to me than if I went to a public university. The teachers seemed to care about their students, which you don't see everywhere. Also, I was going to take a leave of absence to focus on my personal well being but I did not qualify so I was forced to withdraw completely, which wasn't very helpful. So, if you don't think you'll have any trouble fitting in with the social norm and can handle living somewhere where there isn't much to do off campus you might have better success than I have at this college.

Katie

It rivals big school! I could not have chose better.

Jasherel

It's a very good school but in a very small town. If you like bustling city life it's not for you, but if you like quaint little towns then it's perfect for you! The school itself offers many extracurricular activities and clubs. Unless you've got money coming out the wazoo it's pretty pricey without a scholarship and the meal plan food is okay at best. but the school is really nice academic wise.

jared

Overall, Albion is a great school to attend. 97% of students have a job after graduation. There are many resources available to students at anytime. The culture of the college is amazing. Everyone is nice and willing to help. If I could do it over again, I would!

kayla

i would love to attend

Layne

I have had loads of fun and good experiences at Albion college. Its been loads of hard work but very rewarding. My only real complaint is the relatively high cost of tuition and attendance though this is to be expected from a college that provides so much for students, the professors are great and I've been able to experience things I never imagined I would.

Aria

I really love Albion College. I am a transfer student and it has made all the difference in my educational, social, and athletic lives. I am genuinely happy here. The professors are amazing, the class sizes are small and the campus culture is extremely inviting.

Kierra

A great school focused on bringing students education through hands-on experience in the world around them. Albion is dedicated to helping their students pursue their goals while supplying them with many opportunities to grow. Expanding your mind and skill set is emphasized here.

Albion College is a small but quality school. The academics are rigorous and there are plenty of academic, professional, and extracurricular opportunities to pursue. The campus facilities are generally well-kept but not very updated, especially the dorms.

Desiree

My overall opinion of Albion College is that is a great college it has a great sense of community. The food in the cafeteria is what you would expect from a cafeteria. Though the options are good. The helpfulness and positivity of the teachers are amazing.

MIkela

I absolutely love the college. I never visited before attending and when I got there I completely fell in love. It is a small, cozy feeling campus and I felt it I was right where I wanted to be. Because of the size, everyone knows everyone and its easy to find groups to hang with. We have a variety of clubs on campus and if there is not one that fits for you , you can make one. Granted it is not perfect and we are working on being better with diversity, but the school recognizes that and there is improvements being made.

David

Albion College has the potential to be not just an okay school, but an amazing school. With the small class sizes, good student to professor connections, and an active Greek and athletic presence within the campus, there is no reason why Albion shouldn't be thriving. However, I am seeing that there seems to be mistakes made within the leadership at Albion as they take everything too seriously. I know it may sound funny to say that, but it's true, everything and everybody in management is too up tight about being perfect that they lose sight of what college is really supposed to be. Yes, we are supposed to be learning and becoming prepared for the real world, however, this is also the last time we will really ever get to be kids and they don't really allow for fun and mistakes to coincide. For some of Greek life it seems if they mess up slightly then they are kicked off campus, or if students try and take a stand against the college for issues that needs to be fixed, the college just overlooks. Not only do they over look students, they over look those who are not of liberal or conservative belief. Any republicans that are students have absolutely zero say in anything, especially if they are in Greek life. It seems the college is out to get the leading source of income (outside of donors) that it has. Recently one of the fraternities was kicked off for an accident on miscommunication between all parties involved, and the affected person was not harmed in the process, but, the college saw it as a way to get rid of them seeing as they don't like Greek members anyways. I give the college a 3-Star because I expect so much better from an establishment such as this and hope that future generations of this amazing institution don't have to suffer like I, as well as countless others have. I hope for the best for Albion and hope I can be successful enough in the future to give back to the campus that has given me so much.

Sydney

I love Albion College. The student body is so nice to everyone! We all say hi to each other, holding doors for others, and all around try to be nice! There's really not much to do in town, but to busy the students, the school puts on fun activities for us, and the community, to partake in, so they won't make bad choices. The student body tries to come together to help other students feel comforted, and happy, if sad. Though, Albion College has a few flaws, it's a home away from home for me.

Francisco

I think Albion College is a work in progress. The professors for the most part are amazing. They are always willing to help students out and make sure they understand class room material. It's a small college with lots of opportunity to figure yourself out in a safe environment where people are willing to help and understand you. I think Albion college needs time and patience to evolve with the already evolving student body.

Albion College, as I have come to learn this past year, is not the perfect school. The food is not always fresh, there isn't always parking space and my showers aren't always hot. But the little detailed of Albion were not the most important in influencing my experience over this last year. I made connections with peers who have changed the way I love and socialize. I made connections with professors that have changed my outlook on life and others. And I have made connections with people I don't even know simply because we go to the same school. The community tie of those who attend or have attended Albion is unlike anything I've experienced. Of course, Albion has its flaws, any school will, but I would take overly salted vegetables and no parking spaces any day because Albion is the perfect school for me.

Jazmin

I am originally from Houston, Texas and I'm here because it honestly is a great place to be! When I first came to my fly-in visit, I fell in love with everything about Albion College even more! Everyone here is super nice and the academics are great!

Allison

I personally went on a college tour of the school and fell in love. Student life is full of activities but not much to do around the school. That is the only downfall. However if you proceed to go and find something to do you get a great discount. The professors care about their students and always have their doors open for questions. Sports and clubs mean alot to Albion. The facility want to see student meeting new people and finding common interests. That is why I love Albion.

Alexander

I love Albion College because it is in a quiet town where there is not much noise. Coming from a big city where I get distracted easily get irritating when focusing on assignment. All the classes are 5 minutes away from the dorms and the professors are always accessible.

Kaley

I think Albion College is a close knit school. I love the small campus atmosphere and how the class sizes are small and also how the professors get to know all their students and their names. Getting to know my professors was a big deal for me, I like to be able to get to know my professors and ask them questions this school was perfect for that.

Lily

Albion College is a great school for those who want to broaden their horizon in a small close-knit community. The classes are relatively small, which means a lot of one on one time with professors. Albion is very open minded to any beliefs that their students may have, and has a lot of clubs and organizations to accommodate those beliefs and different backgrounds.

Madison

My experience at Albion College has been great. At Albion the class sizes are much smaller than most but that is what makes it such a great school! With class sizes being so small, all of my professors know who I am, as well as how I am doing in their class. Which makes it easy to have a great relationship with my professor so if I need help they are more than welcome to help me. Outside of the classroom the overall atmosphere of the school is great as well. Everywhere you go you can always find someone you know, since it is such a small school everyone knows everyone. The staff around the college are also very welcoming and make the experience that much better! Since I am a student athlete I will say that our sports facilities are great as well, we have the best fields in almost every sport in our league! As well as having great fields we have greats coaches in all sports, each coach makes sure we put school above anything else making it easy for us to balance both school and our sport. There are also areas for all students not just athletes to come and play any sport they wish. Overall Albion is a fantastic school where I am receiving a great education!

Katherine

Albion College is a small school. This means that the class sizes are smaller, and you will usually have the same students in many of your classes if you both have the same major. You get a lot of direct attention from your teachers, and they actually will notice if you are late. The greek life on campus is fantastic and highly inclusive. It is made up of over half of the campus, and greek life has a higher average GPA than the regular students on campus. It is a residential campus, so it is near impossible to live off-campus, which is extremely annoying if you want to get off of the meal plan.

Keilani

It is a very good college and the small class sizes are amazing. Professors are great and have lots of office hours for additional help. Campus is beautiful in the spring though be prepared there is not much to do around campus. Food is just ok nothing to write home about

Jalisa

Overall, I really enjoy the school. It is a very small campus so people normally know each other. Some professors are usually really easy to get in contact, while others are not. However, several of the students assistance offices never seem to be on the same page in terms of what the school offers.

Alexandria

My overall opinion of Albion college is that it is a good school. If you are looking for a small school I would say got to this college because of the involved you become with the different groups on campus and how involve the professors is to each students.

Olivia

My time at Albion College has only been filled with amazing experiences.

I have met some of my best friends at Albion College. I have a few select professors that I really love and will continue to take classes with them. That's basically the only reason I stay here. The housing is absolutely terrible. There are very limited options while on campus and you CAN'T even live off campus. Not that anyone would want to live off campus because the city of Albion is so run down and frankly dangerous. They shove us all into these little dorms and crappy on-campus apartments while raking in more and more students each year. They want bigger enrollment but wont spend the money to accommodate the students. I was thinking about buying a house, fixing it up and to live there and rent it out to other students who don't want to live in the jail-like dorms but Albion College literally FORBID me and my family from doing it. Albion College is so expensive and the only reason I could think of why they wont let you live off campus is because THEY'LL LOSE MONEY from paying for the dorms/apartments on campus. That's another thing, the financial aid office is so hard to work with to get your tuition down. Albion College had a 176.6 million dollar endowment last year in 2017, I have yet to see anything done with this money....oh yeah they built a walk way with a "nice" wall near the honors building and a new locker room for the volleyball team who "finally" made it to the tournament and where every recruit on the team quits because they are treated so bad. Where is my money going??????