Albright College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Albright College

Ann-Katleen

It is a great school for people looking for a liberal arts education. The professors encourage student participation and are always available to help. The staff is there to ensure that we get the best experience that we deserve and there is plenty of student organization to be involved in. The campus may not be perfect, but public safety officers regularly patrol it ensuring the safety of the students. Not only do students have advisors to help them stay on track, and they also have Student Success Specialists that meet with students to help them have the best college experience that they can and make sure they are doing all the work for their classes.

frank

This school is great considering the professors. They are most of the time available and are there for emotional support. I have had multiple issues with the financial aid office. I continuously tell them that I need assistance, but they refuse to help and do not provide an answer to one's situation. the school tends to fine the individual for everything they do or everything they cannot do. Most of the administration is filled with incompetent beings who cannot do their job. There is a great diversity within the demographics, but I feel as if there is not as great of an LGBT representation as there should be.

Olivia

its a small campus with most people retaining their high school mentalities while feigning maturity. Small campus come with the perk of being

Kira

The school has great academic programs in all areas of study. Small class sizes and campus is good for those not ready for a huge change from high school. There is a wide variety of clubs and organizations to join. The campus is beautiful and doesn't feel like it is in the city.

Misha

It's overall a good school for those who want a small school community in an urban area. Teachers and students alike are supportive and try to keep everyone on campus engaged. There are plenty of activities on and off campus and is continually interactive with the students.

Faith

I love it here! Everyone is very passionate and excited to be here. There is so much to get involved in and it is so easy to make friends. My classes are all great and I haven't had a bad professor. There are so manny resources for students to use and every one is so helpful! Albright is such a great school!

Donatella

It is a good school academically but it definitely needs to improve with its social life and views on certain policies. The students are very welcoming but often dont speak to you on a daily basis. Teachers are always willing to help students succeed.

Paris

Albright is a very nice college. The campus is small and homely. The students, faculty on campus are friendly and easy to talk to. There are plenty of activities to get involved in on campus. The college also offers occasional day trips to New York for a small fee. The cafeteria food is not the best, it has good days and bad days. Overall I am satisfied with choosing Albright College to continue my higher education.

Albright College has a great community but the school itself and where it's located are a setback if you don't have a car or like being in the city. The school is very isolated, but it has a beautiful yet small campus. The people at Albright, students and faculty, are very kind and inviting to everyone, and they're are they main reason why people stay there, not for the sub-par academics.

Elmer

Albright College is a great school... for those that live in the area. If you live in Berks County or even the Pennsylvania, you will most likely find success. However, if you are out of state, it is an immense risk. The tuition increases every year (but the aid does not) and you will have to work harder in order to be noticed by businesses outside the area. Also, the living conditions are fairly old. They have just built a new dorm this year. If you attend Albright and live out of state, I wish the you best of luck because you will need it.

Victoria

Albright College is a wonderful school to further expand ones education. Professors and staff members of the college are always ready and willing to help out when needed. Academics in the business section of Albright are absolutely incredible as well as the newly renovated Business building. Albright is not only a fantastic school for academics but to get the "college experience" every person is looking for. The small school gives you a sense of home, its almost impossible to walk to your class without seeing at least 5 people you know. The party scene is minimal but you'll always have something to do with the many on campus activities going on. Overall, I love Albright and glad that this is the school I chose.

K

This is a very deceptive college - a different way of thinking indeed. I encourage you to ask questions to staff during any kind of tour and actually ask them what makes Albright different from any other school -- they won't be able to say anything other than "the community" or something vague like this. We have an incredibly high transfer-out rate, as there is a lack of adhesive community, and the academics are a breeze. It's often described as just high school disguised as a college -- and a very expensive high school at that.

K

It's a great college but it is expensive to get to town if you don't have a car. The religious presence on campus is improving. There is a healthy blend of races and backgrounds and there is very little racism present on campus which is refreshing. There are a lot of parties but they are also very easy to avoid. The library serves its purpose but isn't great. Dorms are very small and communal bathrooms aren't the worst regarding cleanliness and functionality. Safety is very satisfactory however, the health center is not a good place to go if you need help or have questions simply because they treat students like ignorant children. Overall it is a very nice environment if you are looking for a small friendly school.

Mary-Angelina

Albright is a small campus but it feels very homey and people are welcoming. The only issues I have are the food in the café and that you need a car to go to most places besides weis, CVS and wawa. If you want to go shopping or get something to eat you have to travel but not too far.

Matt

For a small, liber arts schoo, Albright does a very good job of taking care of their students' individual needs. The party and social scene is below average, but it's not hard to have a fun weekend with a couple of friends. Academically speaking, the teachers know your name and the class sizes make it very easy to pay attention to the material.

Dominique

Albright College is a great school but has room for improvement. The facilities and faculty are wonderful. The school is improving in diversity but is at a standoff when it comes to diverse employees. The tuition keeps raising but the important improvements are not happening. There are many clubs and many places to find your place. The dorms are old but nice.

Kaitlin

Small, great class sizes. Teachers are accessible. Great emphasis on arts, but if you're serious about it, go to an art school. College President is not well-liked. Food is terrible.

Katherine

The teachers and academics are good, yet the facilities, food, and student body is not the best.

Richard

I enjoy the people, the teachers and the housing very much, however the housing could be better and the cafeteria food is lacking. I've made many friends and met a lot of good people that have educated me in different subject matters and have rounded me into a better person.

tiffany

i chose this school because i liked the curriculum. they did a good job at selling themselves. Beautiful outdoor campus,. foodplaces are decent, resources the library offers is great, everything else is a different story. --First time returning a book in the library, a few weeks into my first semester as a freshman, one of the student workers at the desk, some guy with red hair and beard, was rude and passive, making a sarcastic remark after I innocently asked "can I return my book?". He whispers to his co-worker, "No, you can't, you have to keep the book and pay the fines." Yes, I even remember exactly what was said. Perhaps he thought I did not hear him but after I went back to my table in the library I was literally crying to my roommate out of anger and DISGUST, that the school could hire someone so immature to deal with people. I don't care if they were having a bad day or something. Terribly unprofessional. It would be different if it were a humorous joke to my face but it was a snide remark as I was walking away. There is no excuse to be so rude about an innocent, naive, freshman customer AND peer, who actually bothered to use the library. --The whole viral "blackface" video incident. That is terrifying, and constantly leaves me wondering just who else in the school around me can be hiding this kind of personality and lack of moral values.. NEVER FORGET. Even if it was a "joke." One day while walking to my class, a couple of boys were walking a distance behind me. We cross paths with an elderly man, guiding a young boy and teaching him how to use his senses to navigate. The child was blind. After we pass, the couple of "bros" behind me start joking-- "He looked like a creep. He's probably a rapist. But only for little blind boys." WHAT. THE. F***. If this is the below-average student at Albright, that's sad. Depressing, really. I wish I turned around and told them to shut the **** up. Knowing there's people like this in the world disguised as normal humans disenlightens me so much. It almost makes me wish I wasn't part of this world, /let alone/ this school. --First year seminar: literally teaching you how to write, create slideshows, discuss, and do basic things as though students didn't spend 12 years of their life learning how to get through school let alone make it into college. REQUIRED course. Money sucker. It's tolerable if you get into the subject of your first choice, but literally everyone in my class also did not have it as their first choice. More than half the class dropped the course within the first month. Sad. --ONLY fashion majors can use colored printing. Not art majors, not digital media majors. And the school prides itself on how it emphasizes the importance of the arts... Which is what sold me into going here. Lie. Even the student workers in the arts gallery desk seem so dis-enlightened. No "hello, enjoy your stay," "goodbye/have a good day/thank you for visiting" like every other workplace. And that is their one job. They will answer if you have a question though, so grateful for that. --Shoved in the basement for student housing. I wouldn't complain if the floor planning and facilities weren't so utterly terrible. There have also been multiple times where I'd wait an hour just for the R.A. on duty to actually be in the building when i needed them. --Surrounding city is practically dead. The nearest center has multiple es shut down. It surprises me that the school is still doing well. They seem to have a lot of money, considering the tuition price per student. You have to wonder where that money is going though because it definitely does not seem to go to bettering school's facilities & resources, nor background checks. --HUGE DEAD COCKROACH FOUND IN MY DORM ROOM TODAY. Regularly vacuum, replace trash, and had No food in my dorm for weeks, and it appears. In the corner. Dead. Did not even know there were cockroaches. Had encounters with centipedes though. If you want to dorm, don't do it here. Wish I moved before it was too late into the year. Definitely not the ideal college freshman experience.

Karis

Albright is an honestly stunning college. Like all undergrads, we complain a lot about the food, the housing, and campus politics, but there's something scarily special about the core of the community. Once you're involved, you can't help but love it, and, despite the small size, you won't have any trouble finding a group to fit in with.

I am going into my third year here at Albright and I can honestly say that I have been changed for the better. Coming here I have continued to grown into the woman I am today and I am totally grateful to have found another home away from home with the support one can dream of. Move in day in 2015 was my first day at Albright, but, once there I didn't feel overwhelmed or out of place. I felt at home and super comfortable in my first 10 minutes there. Albright is my home and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Abby

I very much enjoy going to this school. The connections I have made here, as well as the classes I have attended, are unforgettable. My career feels very in-reach because of the guidance I have received. The school itself has wonderful opportunities, and I do not regret choosing to go here.

Victoria

Albright College is an excellent school to go to; the campus is beautiful, the professors are super supportive and are willing to cooperate with you and help you learn the best way that you can. Classrooms and the physical facilities are acceptable, and the course work is fairly hard, but it pushes students to really think. The Albright community is a family and is very diverse.

Kaila

I truly love how smart the college is, I wish the food was a little better.

Cassidy

It’s a good school that needs to adjust some of its ways. They need to adapt to the culture of the students. As well as give need based financial aid Tom those who attend. Most people leave due to not having enough funding. Albright isn’t a good school that just needs to help out a lot more to their students.

Shanell

I feel as thought that Albright has great potential, but a lot of misdirection. The college receives receives a great deal of tuition, and other large sums of money, but they use it to expand the campus, rather than repairing and enhancing what is already here.

Albright is a great learning environment. The professors and students take it seriously but also know how to have fun (there are plenty of events on campus). Many students are encouraged to join groups or become peer orientation persons (which are current students who welcome incoming students during the weekend orientation). Albright is extremely inclusive and it definitely lives up to it's motto "A different way of thinking" by hiring professors that challenge their students intellectually.

Chabria

It's a good place to get your education, but you could get the same education at a cheaper school for a cheaper cost. The atmosphere is very welcoming and there's some diversity on campus as well, so you are able to meet people from all over the world.

Albright College is everything I look for. Beautiful campus, nice people, small class sizes and great athletics. It’s great. There’s nothing people don’t like. The college has everything. Class sizes are small so you don’t feel like just a number. If you love food then you’ll love the places Albright has to offer.

Chaz

This school is a total scam. Not only is it extremely over priced but they try every trick in the book to cost you more money. I am a current student at Albright and it has been two weeks since I started and let me tell you about the atrocious money grabs that they try to pull on you. Not only do they force you to take classes that you don't need towards your major, each class requires 2-4 books per class. You get no book-store credit so you must pay for all books out of pocket. The one Spanish book alone was 300 dollars and the biology book is close to 250, let alone the other text book need for biology and the other 9 books i needed for my other classes. Then the grading system is completely different than any other college in the United States. For every 3 credits i would earn at a community college, Albright gives you 1. The explicitly tell you that if you transfer after your freshman year to another school, you will have to start again as a freshman because you would only have 8 credits by the end of your freshman year, as opposed to the 25 or so credits you would have at a community college. When asking the financial aid office about transferring my financial aid to another school for the next semester, the secretary told me that i don't have financial aid for next semester and that the remaining 1,300 that i have from this semester is the only money i would have to pay for next semester. She basically told me that if I tried to leave that the school would keep my financial aid and i would have to pay for my classes at my next college out of pocket. They do everything in their power to keep you here so that you continue to take out loans from them and so that they can continue to eat away your financial aid. Now, lets talk about the professors. Not all of them are bad, but this one professor I have basically refuses to teach. He will go over a new topic every class without explaining it and when you ask a question he simply says " I expect you to already know this"; If i'm supposed to already know the information you're supposed to be teaching me and i have to learn it on my own, why am i paying you? To make matters worse he teaches a class linked to another major class, so if i fail one or the other class i fail both and must retake both classes regardless of if i did well in one of them, but the real kicker is I only get 1 combined credit from both classes; yes that's right 1 credit for two classes that would be stand alone classes in a normal university. So instead of getting 6 credits for these two classes i get 1. If there was ever an appropriate time to call something a scam, this would be it. A luxurious looking campus on the outside that appeals to the parents but on the inside its a different story. Most of the air conditioners in the dorm rooms don't get cold, and if there is trash from a room found in the bathroom trash bin the entire floor gets fined. Oh yes, this school loves to fine people. If break something in your room (that isn't already broken when you got there) you get fined, if you open an emergency door you get fined, if you use the internet in a way they don't like you get fined, if you breathe incorrectly you get fined. It has been 2 weeks since iv'e been here and already I can tell you this place is a perfect match for anyone who's parents are rich and who's kids have low standards and like to be unreasonably stressed beyond measure, if you enroll here it would be the worst mistake you've ever made.

Kylee

Overall, Albright is pretty cool. There are some things that should be better, like the food seeing as we pay a lot to go here. I wish that they would help out with financial aid more. Another thing, is that there isn't much to do on the weekends. I wish the mall were closer or that there were more things to do that would make people want to stay on the weekends. The biggest thing is that I wish it were cheaper!! I feel like we pay a lot to go here and the service isn't the greatest. I hope it gets better with time.

Frankie

It is a great school for my major, but it is not considered the best school out there. I would much rather be going to an art school. The campus food is not great, I eat the same thing every day. Our football team loses every game, and no one really cares for the other sports.

Overall, Albright College is an excellent college to attend. As a student, your professors know you by name and are open to discussion. The larger classes are usually for biology and chemistry average at 40 students by the end of a semester. The residential halls do need a bit of an upgrade; however, laundry is free to use. A downfall for some would be the party scenes, Albright College has party throughout the week.

Caleb

Albright College to me is a great school, not for the academics but because of the fact that this school expresses equality and diversity through the students. There are plenty of clubs that express these things such as the African American Society or the Pride+ club. This college makes me feel like I belong. It is like everyone can fit in to this college.

Becca

Albright College is a second home to me. I'm only a freshman, and I've already made lifelong friendships. The campus culture is friendly and welcoming, and I'm offered opportunities I never thought I would have. Though Albright is a small campus in the center of a small city, it's the definition of diversity. I've met people from all over the country and even from outside of the country, and they all have made it clear that they feel at home on campus. There's so much to do- the arts center has piano rooms students can play in, all courts and fields are open for students to utilize, and there is a great gym, membership included in our tuition! The college offers safe parties- in fact, last week there was a wicked cool glow in the dark party- and brings in new people to entertain. A few weeks ago, I watched an illusionist perform an intense escape act that had everyone on their seats; and it was totally free to attend. The student body is involved and the professors are friendly and easy to approach. Albright College is perfect for any student who wants the full college experience, combined with a small, inclusive campus.

Phoebe

Albright College is very diverse in students and they are all very friendly. Albright college has very good public safety and very clean. The dorms are very adequate. Classes are smaller so its easier to learn. The professors are very knowledgeable and very friendly.

Jason

I am a freshman who is about to move in on-campus at Albright College in a few weeks. Although I'm rather inexperienced and haven't toured the campus as much as I'd like, from first impressions and recent research from other student reviews, I feel as though I will have a wonderful time living on-campus. It may take some time acclimating to a new home, but I believe that goes for every situation where one moves into another residence. However, from the people I've met and interacted with during my time applying and visiting, I feel as though it won't be long before I can call this place as another home away from home.

Brendan

Of all the college I've applied to, Albright gave the most financial aid. This is the main reason I am currently attending it, unable to pay for higher choices. It provides many opportunities to first generation college students and people who could not normally pay. It's quality among other schools is middling, there are no major issues but it is more akin to a large community college than a normal college. The college is a good place for people looking for an education, though many may aspire to higher things than the education it provides.

Kaitlyn

I went to Albright for two years. Those were the best two years of my life. I made life long friends and learned from some of the best professors around. There was always something going on around campus. If you were bored it was because you weren't looking in the right place to do something!

Ray Vincent

Albright College is a really small school in Reading Pennsylvania, for some this is a school for them. However, for me, it is not. I'm planning on transferring during my sophomore year because this college life is not fit for my career goal. As a student and an educator, I aspire to network and connect with people. However, Albright College has a very small population and it is in the suburbs. This hinders me from creating many connections and exploring my options when it comes to internships and perhaps job placements.

Jenna

There's always room for improvements in anything. The school loves to renovate buildings at random and inconvenience the students with those projects. The fashion program here is nationally ranked and has some of the best and most caring professors/teachers I've ever met. I like it here, but I don't think I'll be super involved at all as an alumni when I graduate.