Alderson Broaddus University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Alderson Broaddus University

Sharai

Alderson Broaddus University has quite the scenery it amazes me I see live beautiful scenery alike many other campuses. ABU has really great science program, a challenging academic school. I like there sports but wish there was more people willing to attend the games. Also Greek life would have increased my stars to 5.

Katie

I loved the campus. It was a very nice atmosphere and the faculty was great. I felt really comfortable being there and had a great college visit.

Jordyn

Alderson Broaddus University is a small, quaint campus with a tight knit community working together to succeed. You see everybody almost everyday, yet still find new students to talk to and new friends to connect with. Alderson Broaddus provides every opportunity for you to succeed. Our little campus on the mountain is a place that can easily become your second home. The campus comes to life everyday, from students hanging out in the Cave or the student center to many embarking on their daily strolls to class. The atmosphere is mainly surrounded around athletics, with over 80% of the students enrolled being student-athletes partaking in NCAA Division 2 competition. I will admit, it is rare to see a NARP (Non-Athletic Regular Person) on campus, but it does not mean you are not welcome! There is almost always something to do on campus. From color runs to dodgeball tournaments, there is always an event open for students to get out of their dorms and be active. You have very many opportunities to unwind or work out after spending all day in the classroom, with offered yoga and Zumba classes to kick you into shape while having a blast! Though I am only a freshman here on campus, I have nothing but kind and positive words to say about this school; Alderson Broaddus University - you can do that here.

Christina

This college is okay but I am not too fond of it and I plan to transfer as soon as I can. Most of the people here are into underage drinking and partying every day. It's not quiet at night because of all the partying that goes on. I'm not into that so I plan on finding somewhere else that has more people that aren't into that.

I enjoy the atmosphere on campus. There is something for nearly everyone. We do not have a very strong music program (or any at all) but sports culture is huge. Nearly 3 quarters of all students play a sport. There are many academic, religious, and social organizations to be involved in.

Halie

It's a good school with very good academics and many choices for both academics and athletics. It has many options for pathways for academics and the professors are always willing to help you when you need it. Everyone on campus is friendly and everyone gets along and supports the campus community.

Katelyn

Overall, Alderson Broaddus is a University with many opportunities for all of its students. Although the school may be small, it can be a good fit for many students who are looking for a good education, sports envolvement, community involvement, and a great college experience.

Madison

I feel this is a very well rounded school. they provide a little something for everyone and if they do not have it they provide students with the opportunity to start it. I am beyond glad that I made the decision to go to Alderson-Broaddus College. even though I am only a freshman they have already provided me with so many opportunities.

When I first attended, the school was very small, intimate and dedicated to the humanities and arts. Now, they have become more athletically focused and I think it has hurt the college immensely. They have all but demolished the music program and most of the professors who were tenured and dedicated have since left. There are still great things to come from ABU, but I think they need to get their priorities straight.

Quentin

There is a school for everyone This school has a very friendly somewhat diverse school population. Good facilities. Amazing professors who are genius, genuinely care, and love their jobs. A decent variety of majors but the school is moving more medical. Shame they gotten rid of some good majors and a big UPSET that tuition is always going up and making it hard for kids to continue to go there.

Jordan

It’s a great school and I highly recommend it

Sophia

I am in love with Alderson Broaddus University. Settled in a small community, the whole atmosphere feels like home. You never have to worry about your safety. I am blessed to be part of the nursing program where the pass rate is incredible. I can not wait to see what the future has in store for me here.

Madoleen

I love AB. I have thought about going here since freshman year of high school, and I do not regret it. Everyone on campus is so friendly, and helpful. Especially the faculty. Everyone is always willing to help in anyway possible. They truly care about you. There always different activities going on. There is never a dull moment. AB is truly my second home from home.