Alfred, NY
Alfred University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alfred University

Shawn

Alfred University has a very unique culture. It is also in the middle of nowhere in western new york. in my time at Alfred, there has been a change in it's culture, due to the fact that it has a very hard time getting students to attend a college that is so out of the way of everything. Unfortunately, in order to get enough students to attend, in the past few years the college has lowered the standards of acceptance, which has damaged the academic experience

Arielle

I like Alfred University, it's a nice school filled with lots of nice people and surrounded by a beautiful environment. It is a smaller school and the dorm rooms aren't the most luxurious but you don't really spend a lot of time in them. The foods not very good but not the worst you could ever eat and it is in a very remote location so travel is usually needed to do anything. But it being such a small school makes it easier to know more people and make friends.

Polina

Alfred University is a small-town university with a very diverse and unique set of individuals, faculty included. There's hardly ever a dull day in Alfred, being a school made up mostly of engineers and art students. It's a weird mix, but it works out so well. It really broadens your perspective in regards to your peers. Different students in different disciplines intermingle and all barriers are down.

its a great place to go if your looking to pressure your future. the people are friendly and so are the staff. everyone is there to help you no matter what. i love it there and i hope i can attend when i get the chance. on the other hand it could be a bigger campus and offer more classes.

Abby

I love school here. I'm from way out of state, so travel is difficult, the food here sucks most of the time, and the art program is insane for first years. I went to transfer at the start of second semester, but despite all of the reasons why I should leave, I stayed. And I am so glad I did. The art program is insane but it has to be, and for that my class and I are far better artists now than we were at the beginning. This school really opened my eyes and helped me expand and explore my limits and the limits of art itself. It's also a fantastic community, better than any other, and as far as food goes, the Moka Joka in Harder Hall will help you survive. All the struggles of attending are entirely worth it, it's only four stars for the food at Ade. Also, if you're a first year in the art program, stay strong, and make work that you're proud of.

Luke

Alfred University is best known for its Ceramic Engineering Program and its Football team. The Engineering program is one of the top in the country and the football team is one of the top in the Empire 8 Division so it attracts many athletes.

The high school college search was a fun and stressful part of my life. If i could go back now and change anything it would be my decision to go to a school that had football. In high school all of the D3 college coaches would come visit the high schools and talk you in to coming to their college like you were going to be the star of the team. During the season i soon found out that these colleges take anybody they can get. I wish i had focused more on the other things i enjoy like playing the trumpet, leading and joining clubs, and doing community service for local groups like Habitat for Humanity. To give a clear answer i would tell myself to think about the big picture. What do i want to achieve in the next four years.

The best thing about Alfred University is the diversity of the Students. Alfred has students from all over the world with all different back rounds. The students range from art students with odd inspiration; D3 sports athletes (football), to your hardworking engineers and business students.

Grant

Alfred University is best known for being a small school. All of the professors care about your academic standing and want you to succeed. The campus is small enough for you to know a lot of people and it truly has a home-like feel to it.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would have a lot of advice for myself. To start off I would tell myself to really focus on my class work. I now know that the scholarship you get for you high school academics isn't able to be upgraded to a higher scholarship regardless of your first year college GPA. This would give high school me a wake up call because being in a low income family, I would know how important this was; for not only me but also, my family. I would remind myself to study for my SAT. SAT scores play a big part in college acceptance and additional scholarship funds. While I was very involved at my high school, I didn't take the SAT as well as I know I could have. I regret not getting a higher score because I know how much impact it has financially. If anything, I would tell myself to enjoy my high school experience. In college you need to find a whole new group of friends, clubs etc. High school could have been a great opportunity to expand my horizons.

I think the best thing about Alfred University is the small class size. This allows me to get the one on one attention from professors that will help me succeed in the classroom. With a small class the professors develop close relationships with the students that makes my time in the classroom both more comfortable and enjoyable. I never hate going to classes because I know that my professors and I are on the same page.

Cailin

My classmates are very eclectic. They have many qualities and prefer a small town atmosphere.

My school is extremely small. You create relationships with your professors and learn new things, especially in engineering and art.

College Advice If you come to college with an open mind Passon, friends, and fun Are things you'll definitely find But if you had a second chance To do it over again I'd like for you to consider a few rules Not too many, just ten One- Try new things Even though they're scary Two- Absolutely go ahead and taste that bloody mary! Three- Ask for help and just let down your pride Four- Give youself a library time limit Then put the rest of the work aside Five- Save your money despite all the temptations Six- Talk to your professors I'll bet they provide some inspiration Seven- Get out an help your community Self efficacy will be your gift Eight- Always thank your parents Even when they don't "get-your-drift" Nine- Stop planning little details Because spontaneous trips are a must Ten- Find at least one person Who you know you can really trust I'm not sure if these rules will truly assist But I do know that College is an experience One you absolutely do NOT want to miss!

cooper

Unique and free thinking.

Unique and free thinking.

I would tell myself to not get too attached to the way of life back home. Things are different, and they may seem scary, but the transition isn't as hard as it seems. Work on being able to wake up with your own alarms, and don't forget to do your laundry. You can do it!!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the weather. It's so cold for so long!

Felicia

Alfred is a great school if you can afford it and put 125% into your work.

Alfred is a great school if you can afford it and put 125% into your work.

I have gotten the information I need to become a teacher and the skills to handle myself in difficult situations. It has been valusable to attend Alfred University because it has taught me many things that I will need in the real world. The people here are at a immeasurable quality level and the experiences here are ones I will never forget.

A person with money and ability to study hard without letting anything distract them.

Alfred University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.