Alfred University

« See more reviews of Alfred University

Alfred is a bit of a peculiar place. It has a very distinct character and a challenging atmosphere. It is a surreal place, a bit rough around the edges and disconnected from the real world. Strange happenings abound, art pieces run amok in the streets, the locals wander way off the beaten path. There are always a huge array of fascinating, unusual, and/or downright weird class offerings to choose from and the curriculum allows for a great deal of cross-pollination among disciplines.

The school's history, location, everything about it is special and romantic in a sense. I visited at least 2 other campuses and this was the first and only campus where I felt 100% comfortable about walking around. I could very easily imagine myself as student carrying a messenger bag and attending classes like everyone else. I felt safe and absolutely thrilled about being accepted.

My school was very small. It allowed for me to build real relationships with my peers and teachers. I recieve more personal attention when I was atteding my school than I would have at a larger university. The isolated loation was hard to adjust to at first but then I realized that it helped to keep me focused on my personal goals.

My school is extremely small. You create relationships with your professors and learn new things, especially in engineering and art.

It's a small campus and everyone knows each other but everyone has tons of fun and there are plenty of activities to enjoy!

art school as well as other schools combined- not specifically an art school

The artisic community and vibe in Alfred is one of a kind.

The community and the beauty of the school