Alfred University

« See more reviews of Alfred University

The worst thing is the lack of diversity. My mom was raised Catholic and my dad raised Jewish. I no longer practice Judaism, however I am the first Jewish person that many of my friends at school have met, and when I meet people for the first time, I am often surprised at how ignorant a lot of them are. I wish this weren't true, but I'm often afraid to tell new people that I was raised Jewish because I don't want them to make innapropriate remarks or judge me adversely.

The worst thing about my school is the freshman advising. In short, the advisors are excellent advisors, if you are properly matched with the right one. As a pre-medical student, I was matched with a music teacher originally. Because of her shortcomings in knowledge of the courses I need to take for my major, I was closed out of a necessary freshman course. After that, I requested a switch and received an amazing advisor who is on the pre-medical committee.

The worst thing about my school would have to be that it's not really close to stores. Wal-mart or Wegmans is about a 15min drive, and if you don't have a car it's very difficult for you to buy anything that you may need.

The worst thing I consider about my school is the amount of drinking that goes on since I personally do not drink. However, it only bothers you if you let it, I don't drink so I do not go to parties and/or bars.

there are few good entertaining teachers that can keep your attention and help you learn easier. they all just want to talk at us and we get very bored and dont learn much.

The worst thing about Alfred is probably the hills. Sometimes I get really tired of walking uphill to get home every night, especially if it's really late and I'm tired.

The worst thing about my school is the amount of snow that stays all thus winter and mid spring time. How ever I got use to it and gave the campus carhacter.

That it is in the middle of no where. It takes at least an hour to get to the nearest major city (Rochester), so there is not much to do off campus.

The school has nothing at all really, going on in the vacininty.

clicks-people only hang out with other people like themselves