Alfred University Top Questions

Tara

People who lack the creativity to find something to do without being located in civilization should not attend Alfred University. The most common complaint I hear about Alfred is that it is located in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing to do. The part about Alfred being the middle of nowhere is true, but what is not true is that there is nothing to do. With a little bit of creativity, Alfred is full of things to do. Without that creativity, it's true there are no shopping malls, movies, etc.

AOME ONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE THE COLD

Mikki

Someone who likes cities. This school is kind of in the middle of nowhere, out in Western NY.

Caitlin

I can't really think of any reason why anyone wouldn't want to go here unless they have trouble adjusting to the fact that Alfred is a small town and that the closest shopping mall is about an hour away. Other than that, it's perfect!

Jessie

engineers who are techy, lots of gaming or art students

Grace

Students from the city will have a hard time adjusting- I did .

An outgoing, yet independent, person should attend Alfred University. It is a place that will welcome students in, but faculty and staff will rarely push students achedemically, so it is vital to be curious, if not driven. It seems, every student is involved in an extracurricular activity; there are over 100 clubs and organizations on campus. It helps to be creative because the art culture is a dominant in the Alfred lifestyle. Alfred is a small place and the more creative students are the more they will enjoy the small town. Students who attend will need to cope with snow.

Sharee

People who like big city life.