Alfred University

« See more reviews of Alfred University

The best thing about Alfred University is the community. It is a small campus, which was a perfect transition for me. My graduating class was smaller than 100 students, and I think I would have been too overwhelmed with a large campus. The class sizes are usually small, which allows the professors to closely interact with the students, and form a personal relationship with them. I prefer that over the very impersonal teachers that I observed when I toured other campuses, and they called roll near the end of the semester, and still did not know everyone in the class.

I think the best thing about Alfred University is the small class size. This allows me to get the one on one attention from professors that will help me succeed in the classroom. With a small class the professors develop close relationships with the students that makes my time in the classroom both more comfortable and enjoyable. I never hate going to classes because I know that my professors and I are on the same page.

The best thing about my school are the classes. I really feel like I have learned alot and that what I have learned will help me in my future. I have taken art classes in which they have really stressed thinking through a problem and about the idea before executing a project. This way of thinking not only helps me with my art, but also in engineering and my other classes.

The best thing about Alfred University is the diversity of the Students. Alfred has students from all over the world with all different back rounds. The students range from art students with odd inspiration; D3 sports athletes (football), to your hardworking engineers and business students.

The best thing about alfred is that I can walk through campus and know more than half of the people that walk by me. I also like the fact that when i go out on the weekend, the party scenes are no more than a 1/4 mile away.

The small campus and student level makes going to school at Alfred University much more homely and comfortable. I feel more included in the small classes rather than having huge lectures all the time.

The friendly university staff members make getting all the help you need easier. The small community is also helpful towards the learning process.

People here are all different but still get a long and are all friends. The walk to anywhere is very short.

small school, because you get to know everyone and everyone gets to know you, students eachers, everyone

The small classes. You get more attention and individualized instruction.