Pippa Passes, KY
Alice Lloyd College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alice Lloyd College

Ethan

It’s great if you have no money and no other options. If you could go anywhere else it’s probably the right choice to do so. It’s not a bad place but it is very secluded. There is a work study program that helps with paying off loans for the school. Overall not worth it if you have another place to go

Tawny

Alice Lloyd College was perfect for me as I enjoy being a part of a small, close-knit group. With small class sizes, it was easy to get support from professors. Free tuition is also a huge plus, and the mandatory work study gave valuable information to put on my resume upon graduation. I did not live in on-campus housing, but that tends to be the area where most complain due to facilities being very outdated. I loved my experiences and would not trade it for anything!

Jackson

Honestly, it’s hypocritical. The president talks about Servant Leadership, but he’s never actually done anything besides walk around and sit in his chair. The guys dorm literally has black mold in it, but at least the president has a Cadillac. They spend millions of dollars on new facilities and still beg their alumnus for money. Even if we give one dollar, we get to be part of the statistic that says, 80% or whatever of our alumni give back! Isn’t that nice? At graduation, they literally gave us one dollar each and asked to give it back just to be part of the statistic. How sad is that? Cheating the system just to look better. Let’s not forget that they are a “Christian” college, but hold no such beliefs. Students caught with drugs are kicked out, unless they are athletes, because President loves him some sports. Let’s not forget the poor quality professors. Don’t get me wrong, I liked several of them because they actually cared about what they were teaching, but I’ll never forget the Political Science class I took that we talked about buying bacon online for 80 minutes. If you ask questions concerning something you thought was wrong with the college, you are shushed away and scolded for daring to speak against the school, even if you just have a minor question. Constructive criticism is welcome in the classroom, but not to be practiced in real life, especially not against the holy and blameless one, the president. But it wasn’t all bad. As I walked up the podium, and shook hands with the president, I knew only one thing. I loved Big Brother.

Ina

Alice Lloyd College is best known for the friendly community, the small class size and most importantly for having the most students graduate with no or very little debt.

If I could go back to my high school self I would tell myself to stop working and worrying so much and be the teenager that I was. Coming to college is fun, don't get me wrong, but its a lot of work. You have homework, studying, work and so much more in college. In high school you didn't even have to study for a test and you could pass, in college you can study all week and barely get a C. It's good that you're focused on your future but if there is one thing I would want back, it would be just one more football game in the middle of the fall. Enjoy your life because eventually, college is going to take it over.

The kind of person that should attend Alice Lloyd College is someone who isn't a fan of big cities, doesn't come from the wealthiest of families, isn't an alcholoic or does any type of drugs (ALC has a zero tolerance of alcohol and drugs) and doesn't like huge class sizes.

Josh

Alice Llyod is one of the seven work study colleges in the nation. It is most known for graduating students with little to no debt at all. This was definately one of the biggest attractions for me.

If I could go back in time and tell myself what I needed to get prepared for college is that I should have looked for even more scholarships. I should have looked for at least one a day my entire senior year. College is not something easily payed for so scholarships are a neccesity and a blessing to have. I would also tell myself that I should have stayed in the regular classes instead of dual enrolling. I have always made great grades but the online classes I was taking was surprisingly challenging for me. At the time I did not know but it is common for some students to learn better in a classroom environment. Overall, I would tell myself to keep doing what I was doing, just change those things and I would be fine.

I wish I had known about college in general. Being the first in my family to go to college has really been a challenge for me because I do not know what I am supposed to look for or do. It has been a learning experience at Alice Llyod and I think that I will enjoy myself.

It's men's baseball team.

It's men's baseball team.

Take your time in figuring out who you are. Do your own thing and stay true to who you know you are. But do not be afraid to step out and try something new; you might discover something you love.

The major focus on sports and lack of entertainment.

Tessa

Most students graduate with little to not debt.

Most students graduate with little to not debt.

Be prepared to work hard and study all the time. If you don't do this, you will not make good grades. Take the time to actually learn the material and not just memorize.

Alice Lloyd is always about tradition. It never changes too much to keep tradition. Someitmes, I wish things would not stay the same so much, and that we could embrace change.

ALAETRA

I will give my self plenty of advice by focusing on my work in class and paying attention and study more to earn good grades and i will like to make a transition in going to another college as i finish at a two year college. I also will like to plan goals ahead that i have planned for my self. And i also liked high school when i was a senior because we had class compentations against each other then the class that has the most points wins the compentation. That is why i like college because that is an great experience in my life you get to meet alot of people at the college that you don't even know and you can get to know them by being friends and talking to them. Alot of times you can plan different goals for your life and how to manage them to your career plan in the future. That will make alot of people happy about the transition that they have made in there life time and they can make alot of plans for there self I am positive person to be around i love people that are respectful.

Hollie

I would tell myself to look for as many scholarships as possible. College is extremely costly and the books are more than I ever thought they could be. I thought that my GPA of a 4.3 would help get me scholarships, but honestly it didn't. I needed to search and take scholarships more seriously. I did search for scholarships but I didn't dedicate the correct amout of time to completing them. I would advise myself that fun and friends can come a little later and to just take at least one whole day to find and complete any as many scholarships as possible.

If you are a person who enjoys one on one time with your teacher, then you should attend ALC. The class sizes are just right and you are known by your name, not by a number like larger schools.

I love the campus size and apperance. Its so peaceful and everyone is super friendly.

Alice Lloyd is a small and affordable college where you will feel like part of a family.

Alice Lloyd is unique because it is more affordable than most other colleges and has a smaller campus. The students and faculty make you feel like family instead of just another face.

If I could go back and time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have told myself to still work hard but still make time for fun. Time management is key is college. You have to go to classes, work, and make time to study. With all of this to do, students often get stressed and forget about having fun. If you don't make time for fun and friends you'll get burned out and not want to work as hard. Managing your time may seem difficult at first but will pay off later. Just remember, these are the best times of your life.

Alice Lloyd College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.