Santa Maria, CA
Allan Hancock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Allan Hancock College

Elia

This is the college that turned my life around. It gave me the opportunity to join a women's sports team which I had never done before. I had great coaches who motivated me to be great not only in sports but academics as well. Coaches show that sports performance is important, but academics are always the primary focus. The instructors are great always making time for their students. If they are unavailable during class, they all have office hours, and if students are unable to attend the office hours, they schedule an appointment at a different time. There is always campus security which makes the school feel safe and are even helpful when a student's car battery dies, or his or her keys get locked in their cars. There are many facilities that offer academic help such as the writing center and math center. There are also many clubs for each type of individual. Whether it is engineering, biology, or dance, they will have a place for you. The counselors are also very helpful with getting students prepared to reach their goals. If it were not for this school, I would not have gotten accepted to Sac State, Long Beach, CalPoly SLO, or SDSU. I recommend students to come here. It has very little distractions, and if you join a team, you create friendships that last a lifetime.

Cordell

Allan Hancock College is nationally ranked in the top 150 community colleges. Hancock College has a wonderful campus and staff. I have personally dealt with the Cashier's Office, Bookstore Staff, Cafeteria Staff, Administrations Office, Athletic Department and Campus Police. All departments and facilities have convenient office hours and accommodating schedules. The Bookstore Staff is friendly and helpful, The Cashier's Office staff always answers my questions and calms my concerns, Campus Police is willing to help with parking passes for each semester, the Athletic Department is a great place to get mentoring and physical fitness advice. My professors are caring and always willing to explain and enlighten when I am in need. I will return to Allan Hancock for my Sophomore year to complete my Associate's Degree and transfer to a 4 year university to complete my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. Hancock College was an amazing choice for my first 2 years and I would recommend it to anyone looking to attend college after high school.

Juan

Allan Hancock College is a great California Community College located on the Central Coast. Being that it is a community college, the focus is on preparing students for transfer and not so much on campus life and amenities. The facilities and faculty for the Engineering department are top notch which makes the school a top feeder into Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, a local, nationally ranked school for Engineering.

Daniela

Allan Hancock College is a great college over all. The services offered to students are great, there's always someone to help. A number of students athletes have been recruited by universities . The professors are always willing to help the students and the class sizes aren't big. The campus is very safe with its very own campus police. Over all Allan Hancock is a great choice if considering community colleges.

James

Allan Hancock College is a pretty decent community college. It's easy to get into classes that you need, parking isn't bad, and the teachers are decent enough. I live in Lompoc and take most of my classes in town. It's what I want from a community college. Counselors, teachers, and administration don't bug you and there aren't a bunch of extracurriculars. Most of the people just go to class and try and transfer.

Saegan
Great school

Great school

I went here for my AA and then transferred to a CSU. Good counselors, professors, and facilities. They even have great cafeteria food. I was able to transfer in 2 years and got into all the classes I needed.

Kelly

I would tell myselft that college is easy and to just get it done.

I would tell myselft that college is easy and to just get it done.

I wish I had known more about programs they offer to help transition into the school

This school offered what I wanted and I could take classes on campus and online to complete my degree

Kyle

Given the chance to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably explain that there is a higher level of stress, hard work, and money needed in college then in high school. Since college is preparation for life at work, I would recommend finding a purpose for college so that when deadlines are approaching you have something to work for and to remember why you are in college. I have found that I need to remember that I am making myself better, something I know is hard but will pay off. It is hard, but I know college is worth it. Working hard and giving it your all is also important because there are times when I remember not trying as hard as I could have. In the end, there is nothing I can do to repeat those moments; I just have to learn from them. That is why I now try to give everything I do all I have so I don't regret not trying later. Finally, I should have tried to get financial aid earlier. It is not easy to pay for college and every penny counts.

The students here are fiarly focused on their performance and want to do well. Some of them spend hours of work on a single project while others do not work as hard. No matter how hard they work, they are still willing to help another student out with notes, assignments, and advice in almost any situation. You couldn't ask for better classmates.

A great school for the price you pay! No one would regret going to this school. Administration is engaging and helpful, caring for the students and focusing on the needs of the student. The school has been upgrading their school for a long time now and every semester it gets better! The professors are engaging and there seem to be events in the courtyard every week. I would recomend this community college to anyone!

Carmen

Allan Hancock College is a great community school, so sofar i dont have much to wine about. I've sofar bieng inroled in this school for one semestor.

One thing that I finf frustrating is that now there is some kind of construction going one which makes that hard to find parking lots to find. On the other hand is a really good Idea because i no more than a year Allan Hancock College will have a new building. Another thing that I find frustrating is that at night classes I cant find a parking lot.

When I was in High school, I was a really quiet girl who hardly spoke in class, and even made friens. I was a girl who dindn't liked to speak due to the afraidness. I had a few friends who were from a higher class than me. I always thouht that they were much more than me. Day after day during break and lunch I would always go to my next class. I never had the opportunity to be invloved in any school activities because I though every one was going to make fun of me. I was always afraid to speak when I saw something was wrong. I was afraid to throw my Ideas out in society. Some advices I would give to myself If I was to go back to college would be not to be afray to speak, to get my Ideas out in society. I would tell my self that in college its up to me to get any help and that in college its a totally different life. College is more of involvement with your society. I would also tell myself that in college if "I dont Start to SpeakI Will Not Go Anywhere".

Victoria

The best thing about my school is the resources that they give to students. No matter the race, size, intelligence of any student they give everyone an equal opportunity for extra or less help, to me this is what ive strived of in College.

Going back in time to what I once was, a lost soul who really didnt have a desired decision on what i wanted to do with me life, attending a community college was the best decision that i could of started with. Transitioning to having more focus on school and my life then you do in high school, your working towards a destination and being in a cumminty college working on you general education requirements give you a really good understanding of what classes you like, hate, appreciate, and really learn from. Advice I would really give myself is to stay more focused, dont always try to please people just please myself and spread my wings to all new things like classes, hobbies, interests and even peeople. Not to always designate my self to one thing to go above and beyond. It makes you a great person and prepares you for what the real world has to offer.

I chose this college because it was broad and unique in the way that things were ran along with it had great reviews of teachers and is giving me a chnace to get my general education done with and preparing me with the necessary skills to tranfer to a University with being adiquetly prepared for my Major of choice.

Allan Hancock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.