Santa Maria, CA
Allan Hancock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Allan Hancock College

James

Allan Hancock College is a pretty decent community college. It's easy to get into classes that you need, parking isn't bad, and the teachers are decent enough. I live in Lompoc and take most of my classes in town. It's what I want from a community college. Counselors, teachers, and administration don't bug you and there aren't a bunch of extracurriculars. Most of the people just go to class and try and transfer.

Saegan
Great school

Great school

I went here for my AA and then transferred to a CSU. Good counselors, professors, and facilities. They even have great cafeteria food. I was able to transfer in 2 years and got into all the classes I needed.

Kelly

This school offered what I wanted and I could take classes on campus and online to complete my degree

I would tell myselft that college is easy and to just get it done.

I wish I had known more about programs they offer to help transition into the school

Kyle

A great school for the price you pay! No one would regret going to this school. Administration is engaging and helpful, caring for the students and focusing on the needs of the student. The school has been upgrading their school for a long time now and every semester it gets better! The professors are engaging and there seem to be events in the courtyard every week. I would recomend this community college to anyone!

The students here are fiarly focused on their performance and want to do well. Some of them spend hours of work on a single project while others do not work as hard. No matter how hard they work, they are still willing to help another student out with notes, assignments, and advice in almost any situation. You couldn't ask for better classmates.

Given the chance to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably explain that there is a higher level of stress, hard work, and money needed in college then in high school. Since college is preparation for life at work, I would recommend finding a purpose for college so that when deadlines are approaching you have something to work for and to remember why you are in college. I have found that I need to remember that I am making myself better, something I know is hard but will pay off. It is hard, but I know college is worth it. Working hard and giving it your all is also important because there are times when I remember not trying as hard as I could have. In the end, there is nothing I can do to repeat those moments; I just have to learn from them. That is why I now try to give everything I do all I have so I don't regret not trying later. Finally, I should have tried to get financial aid earlier. It is not easy to pay for college and every penny counts.

Carmen

When I was in High school, I was a really quiet girl who hardly spoke in class, and even made friens. I was a girl who dindn't liked to speak due to the afraidness. I had a few friends who were from a higher class than me. I always thouht that they were much more than me. Day after day during break and lunch I would always go to my next class. I never had the opportunity to be invloved in any school activities because I though every one was going to make fun of me. I was always afraid to speak when I saw something was wrong. I was afraid to throw my Ideas out in society. Some advices I would give to myself If I was to go back to college would be not to be afray to speak, to get my Ideas out in society. I would tell my self that in college its up to me to get any help and that in college its a totally different life. College is more of involvement with your society. I would also tell myself that in college if "I dont Start to SpeakI Will Not Go Anywhere".

Allan Hancock College is a great community school, so sofar i dont have much to wine about. I've sofar bieng inroled in this school for one semestor.

One thing that I finf frustrating is that now there is some kind of construction going one which makes that hard to find parking lots to find. On the other hand is a really good Idea because i no more than a year Allan Hancock College will have a new building. Another thing that I find frustrating is that at night classes I cant find a parking lot.

Victoria

I chose this college because it was broad and unique in the way that things were ran along with it had great reviews of teachers and is giving me a chnace to get my general education done with and preparing me with the necessary skills to tranfer to a University with being adiquetly prepared for my Major of choice.

Going back in time to what I once was, a lost soul who really didnt have a desired decision on what i wanted to do with me life, attending a community college was the best decision that i could of started with. Transitioning to having more focus on school and my life then you do in high school, your working towards a destination and being in a cumminty college working on you general education requirements give you a really good understanding of what classes you like, hate, appreciate, and really learn from. Advice I would really give myself is to stay more focused, dont always try to please people just please myself and spread my wings to all new things like classes, hobbies, interests and even peeople. Not to always designate my self to one thing to go above and beyond. It makes you a great person and prepares you for what the real world has to offer.

The best thing about my school is the resources that they give to students. No matter the race, size, intelligence of any student they give everyone an equal opportunity for extra or less help, to me this is what ive strived of in College.

Cindy

Allan Hancock offers more online classes with financial aid help. And the teachers are really helpful even though it is an online class.

I would have found a college and gone to it just to get a degree of some kind, then to find something that I was interested in then finish school to have a better life. Instead of waiting to go back to school in my 40's which is kind of hard for me to retain things, juggle class and family among daily life. I also have an injury so it is more of a challenge for me to do, but I am getting it done.

I wish I went to college right after high school instead of going now in my 40's to make a better life for my family now, I could of had it all along.

Kyle

The college that I go to is best known for how inexpensive it is. Classes are extremely cheap compared to most other community colleges and especially compared to a univerisity. Their slogan is "start here, go anywhere," which I think is very true because once I graduate I can either transfer to a four year college or I can even go straight into the work field.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to work to hard and to concentrate on schooling. I would have told myself not to get a job straight out of high school because it makes it harder to go to college. You can't take as many classes and its very draining. I would have rather taken more classes and graduated quicker than of gotten a job. I could've started making better money quicker if I would have been a full time student instead of part time. I know the main thing I was worried about was affording college. I would have also told myself that there are plenty of ways to afford college. I don't need a job to afford it. There are tons of scholarships, grants, and even student loans.

I wish that I would have known more about scholarships and grants. If I would have known more about them I would have applied for more and I probably could have afforded to take more classes. I would have told myself to apply for every scholarship that was available even if I didn't necessarily qualify because some scholarships have very few applicants.

Sawyer

Wake up Sawyer and shake off that senioritis! You have scholarships to earn and apply for! I know you think you don't qualify for any scholarships because you aren't a minority and you aren't living in poverty but try anyways! You're parents can't afford to pay for both you and your twin sister to go to college and you won't make enough money at your low-paying, ice-cream serving job to support yourself, you need as much help as you can get! You can kiss your dream of starting Christian camps for children all over the state, country and world goodbye if you can't afford to go to college. Even though you are a great student and excell in all your classes, college isn't going to work out if you don't have the means. You should be doing all you can to earn that money that will be so crucial to your future. So hop to it missy! Fill out those scholarship applications and use all your supporters from clubs, teams, sports, teachers and church to help you out because you can't get to college on your own.

Jasmin

In all the classes I have had, my classmates have been outgoing, smart students. who understand how hard it is to now only get into a four year but to afford it as well.

I would tell myself not to slack off in my classes and still choose rigorous courses. In addition, I would push myself to keep doing as many scholarships as I can because that money does help in the end. I would stop doing many scholarships because of all the work and essays each one required. As a senior, you focus on enjoying your year and kind of forget about your responsibilities. Therefore, I would tell myself to stay focused, try to save up some money for college and remind myself to sign up for some classes at the city college.

Any student who wants to get ahead in the education and wants to go to a school that is a little more affordable than a four year should attend Allan Hancock College. It has campuses in more than two cities and it is very easy to get started with your education there.

Allan Hancock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.