Allegany College of Maryland Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Allegany College of Maryland

Erin

Overall Allegany is a very friendly place. There are a numerous amount of activities and classes that fit perfectly to every individual. Everyone is very welcoming and the professors are very helpful. However, the student has to be the one to initiate the conversation. Teachers here are helpful, but only if you ask for help. There isn't much to do around the school, but the scenery is phenomenal throughout the seasons.

Tristan

I love it here so far. I was worried that I would miss out on some opportunities by going to a smaller school, but so far my classes have been very enjoyable and I feel like I'm building real world skills that I'll be able to use once I graduate. The small class size is great, the campus is pretty calm overall, and the teachers are all easily reachable. There's always room for improvement, I would be interested in a little more activity going on at the campus, and I've only actually been going here for one semester now, but it's overall been a great experience.

Nyob

If you are black, stay away from this college or any college in the area of Western Maryland. I don't care if they offer to pay your entire tuition, books and housing, it is not worth it. They are die hard, to the bone racists!!!!! There were at least two black students that ended up in jail. High school students had to move away and live with relatives because of racial harassment at school that left them afraid to continue going. The coach for Dunbar High School in DC, had his team walk off the field because the local team repeatedly used racial slurs. I lived in the area for 7 years and left with a criminal record as a result of racist neighbors, law enforcement and judges.

Cierra

Overall, Allegany College of Maryland is the best affordable college I could attend. The facilities are all close together so I don't have to drive from class to class, and each building has plenty of room for me to do my studies. I enjoy learning at ACM and I am excited to learn more.

Corinne

Allegany College of Maryland is a great school! I attended for about a year, as an out of state student since the college is based in Maryland and I attended a Pennsylvania satellite school. It was my first community college experience after being out of school for a few years. It was a great school for me, and I'm just disappointed I had to transfer early due to my location closing.

Isaac

It is a good education and is pretty affordable. The college offers plenty of scholarships to help alleviate the financial burden. The class are not too large so you get some one-on-one time with the instructors. The teachers, for the most part, take time to help you through any issue you may have. The college is beautiful and is located in a very beautiful area.

Tyrek

Allegany College of Maryland is great college to attend. The Professor are very helpful. They go out of their way to make sure you understand the work. Tutoring is always available. The school staff is also very helpful and friendly as well. No problem is to big . Their is always someone around to help.

Erika

Allegany has good and bad just like any other school facility. I went for a semester and had medical issues, some teachers would help me out and some didn't . But overall I think its a very quiet and safe campus. I wish they offered more online classes and would help you set up to become a student in the beginning more than what they do.

Katie

It's great for a community college. The small class sizes make learning easier and having a relationship with the professors. It's locatesld in a small town so there isn't a lot of things to do. To go anywhere you have to drive off campus. The campus is very diverse.

Becky

Allegany College of Maryland provides students a quality education while nurturing student growth and development. Class size is small to moderate, even distance learning/online courses are easily accessible with professors that care about the student.

Kwame

It a wonderful school for students who are easily distracted. It’s also has a lot of clubs you can join and the teachers are amazing. Allegany College has good housing apartments and 24hr security service. The school is also very strict on drugs alcohol on campus grounds and they have a zero tolerance for it .

Katherine

Overall, this is a nice college. The students are nice and generally respectful. Most of the professors I have interacted with are professional and care about the student's needs and educational necessities. The atmosphere encourages academic interest and facilitates learning.

Ethan

I love Allegany college of Maryland and recommend it to many people. It’s is full of great and wonderful fauculty and staff that are looking out for the well being of the students. The school is very friendly and helps out with all the things that the students need to accomplish to further their education.

This is a great College that offers a lot to it’s students, staff members , and community. I’m very proud to say that I belong to this college. There are online programs available for those who cant attend class and night classes also for us non traditional students. They have a great campus store. They are also participating in the PTECH Program which my son in currently enrolled in. It started his 9th grade year at high school. He will graduate high school with an Associates degree in Computer Science. It’s an amazing college. Great staff, great environment. Even the food is like gourmet meals. This school has been amazing. Without its support I wouldn’t have been able to continue pursue my degree. My goal is to transfer to FSU after ACM to get my bachelors degree.

Vernon

I honestly love This school, it’s full of great people who help you every step towards graduation, always good vibes and they sometimes help with scholarships. The housing is very close to the main campus so getting to class on time had never been an issue, also the teachers really strive to give you the best most updated knowledge on the criteria they are teaching.