Meadville, PA
Allegheny College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Allegheny College

Ronda

College is not what you think it is anymore. Therefore, make sure to keep all grades up and pay attention in class, consequently, you won't know how hard it is until it's too late. Just be wise and understand that it's your future and nothing should stop you from what you want to become. Nevertheless, choose what you want as a career that you would be happy with until you retire and listen your heart rather than other people. Finally, just keep your head up and keep trucking through school because, you don't know how college is anymore.

daisy

Highschool Daisy you are part of Arista Honor Society 21th in your class, you have the brightest future in your family. College is not all about the social life and games, take classes seriously and work hard and when you believe you can't anymore try harder. The medical field is not the end all and be all of life. If you know you are not doing well in the class just drop it, don't be a shame and do not fear the unknown. After highschool life is different your actions and choices have consequences. Money is going to be an issues and contact financial aid, scholarship programs as soon as possible. Complete all of the scholarship forms you have filled out, you will need it. You will over pack and buy more stuff write your name on everything. Remember not everyone in new York is going to remain your friend, not everyone you meet in college will be your friend, people come and go, that is jsut a part of life. Do not fear Allegheny will be the home away from home you think it will be. Work hard not your family, but for yourself.

I wish I would have known how much money I would have been taking out in loans. By the age of 20 I am in debt because I value the quality of my education. Also, I wish I would have known how the distance the school is from my house would affect my relationship with my friends and family at home.

The worst part of my school is the distance it is from home. Also the fact that there are no trains or airports in the surrounding areas. Another bad quality about my school is the area where it is located has a limited amount of places to shop or have a social life. Meadville is a city but it is extremely small compared to what I am used too in New York City. The distance and location might just be the worst part about being at Allegheny.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice I would tell myself to go for what I want, not what's expected of me. I would tell myself to try harder and to do better. And I would tell myself to get more involved.

The best thing about my school is the personal and open feeling between the professors and the students.

Everybody should attend this school. Allegheny is the most open and personal schools I have ever come into contact with. At Allegheny everyone is accepted and you learn what you want to learn.

Alycia

"You're going to wish these years haven't gone by so fast... these are some good times... take a good look around... you may not know it now but you're goint to miss this". Trace Adkins sings ever true lyrics, for here I am a senior in college, while I still feel like I just graduated from high school. Do not take any moment for granted, because when you put off studying for a day and sometimes even an hour it will affect your life. Friends and family will go away, and some will stay, but it is up to you how your future turns out. Please call home more often then necessary, for it will help you navigate your new life. Your parents will help you always, even if it is 200 miles away. Don't give in to peer pressure, be a strong woman, and stand up for yourself. Do not talk yourself out of your ideas or goals, like when you want to run for student government or don't understand why you recieved a grade. Put in the extra effort because so many opportunites await for you to grow, discover, love, and have fun.

When I chose to attend Allegheny College, I was estatic that the school I picked would provide me with a solid reputable education. I now wish I would have known that colleges' reputations do not matter as much as I thought. If would have been helpful to know that any college I attended would have prepared me for the job market as long as I applied myself in class and participated in opportunities to stregthen my social, academic, and work skills needed in my future. Earning a degree is what really matters, not where it comes from.

Allegheny College is a school known to challenge its students. It is a common phrase around campus that if you earn a "B" at Allegheny that the grade would actually be worth an "A" at another college. A person who is overly concerned with their grades and not the actual knowlege they gain should not attend this instiutuion. Allegheny College provides students with the best education possible so that they are ready for life after college. If a student wants to recieve straight "A's" and not learn as much as you would here, don't attend Allegheny College.

Elyssa

The professors at Allegheny College are not just teachers, but they are also your friends.

In my view, the most important advice for myself would have been to take a foreign language for more than 2 years. I took Spanish for 2 years in high school and after seeing how many people were already well prepared to continue on with it in college makes me regret not taking more years of it. The beginner classes at Allegheny focus on speaking the language fluently, which is why I feel that I would be at a disadvantage if I started taking a Spanish class now. High school prepared the students for what to expect in a foreign language class and I wish I could have been a part of that. There are college owned dorms (for example the Spanish house and French house) with allow students to connect with one another on a deeper level aside from having the their own foreign language club on campus. The foreign language programs offered are extremely beneficial if a student is interested in going to a foreign country to study abroad. If only I would have taken a foreign language more seriously in high school, many more opportunities could have come my way in college like the ones listed above.

Allegheny College is a very expensive school to attend.

Leah

Allegheny brings together a very special community of students. Walking around campus, I get the sense that I am part of a distinct group of people that care about their success and the success of their classmates. Everybody is extremely friendly and caring. The administrators and students alike create an atmosphere for growth that is unparalleled by any other university I considered. While many liberal arts schools have the ability to bring a small group of talented and intelligent people together, few are as cohesive and universally genuine as that of Allegheny.

As I reflect on my freshman year of college, I realize what I have learned about myself and how I interact with others. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a few words of wisdom to share. I would emphasize the importance of being friendly and social while maintaining perspective on my studies. I now know that time management is a completely different skill in college than it is in high school. When it comes to schoolwork, it is necessary to establish a routine and to find a place to study that is free of distractions. My biggest regret of first semester is not making efficient use of my time, especially when it came to studying. I have since realized how important it is to manage my schoolwork, and how to set goals in order to measure my progress. I would also remind myself to keep an open mind. I made friends with people last year who are very different from me, and it taught me volumes about accepting others. Prior to these experiences, I may have been judgmental of people who could have ended up being great friends.

Anybody who is ready to learn and meet new people would love attending Allegheny. The students are interested in growing from their experiences and from what the people around them can teach them. The college is an incredible place to explore interests for students seeking close relationships with peers, professors, alumni, coaches, and administrators. The liberal arts experience is very important to all members of the college's tight-knit community. Allegheny's statement of community is a commitment made by the entire campus to demonstrate respect for all people.

Allegheny is unique and unlike another college or university with its unusual combinations; it is simply amazing.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I have a lot of advice that I would give myself. Mainly, I would tell myself, or any other senior for that matter, to go into college with an open mind. Everyone is different in college, people have different backgrounds and cultures and will simply be altogether different from you; take this opportunity and get to know these people and broaden your horizons. I would also keep an open mind about my academic goals. The transition to college is hard and it is important to know that. It is also important to note that the level of difficulty may force you to change your major and this may be a harsh reality to face, but you will be much happier in the end and you will exceed to your highest potential if you simply take the leap and follow your heart. Lastly, keep an open mind about opportunities that may arise for you. Take every single one of them; not only will they build your resume, they will build your character.

I brag most about Allegheny’s open attitude and well-rounded academic vision. Allegheny is truly a place for students to discover themselves and find what their passion. My school provides students with a multitude of pathways to achieve their wildest dreams and they do so with an open and accepting attitude. They are truly focused on making their students into the best people they can be by the time they are graduates. They equip us with the tools and experiences necessary to outshine our competition. Most importantly, these beliefs are steadfastly held by every member of the Allegheny community.

Alexandra

The transition from high school to college is not an easy one. If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have made sure I was aware of how to prioritize my time and be more open about what I wanted to study. In high school, I never had to study a lot, most of the material came easy to me. When I got to college and learned that I had to study every night, it came as sa bit of a shock. Along with the workload, adjusting to being away from home did take it's toll. I think the best advice to give any high school student about college is that it is a change from what you are used to. You have to keep an open mind, work hard but still remember to have fun. After all, that is what life is truly all about, not just college.

At Allegheny, any student regardless of their race, sexual orientation, or social status are welcome. More time is spent studying than relaxing, but the students create a great atmosphere. If you are open to talking to people from different backgrounds and eager to learn about new things in all different fields of education, Allegheny College is the school for you.

While talking to my friends about my school, I tend to go on about how almost all of my professors were always so eager to teach their subjects and have the students understand the material. I felt that they really cared for each and every student which helped me want to go to class more and made me feel more comfortable about being away from home.

Karley

Off campus activities are limited, and its small student body can either be a blessing or a curse.

Individuals with liberal perspectives who are open to the idea of exploring many different areas of study alongside their major focus.

Shengkai

Allegheny College is a beatiful liberal arts college that substantially focus on writing and academic reserarch for undergraduates.

Before come to study in college, I need to learn to manage my own time so that I can start more freely and efficiently in college.

The college has a relatively weak economic department.

Allegheny College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.