Allegheny College

« See more reviews of Allegheny College

Allegheny is an incredible school for students who worked hard in high school and are ready to continue working hard while in pursuit of a higher degree. Allegheny is especially great for students who are unsure of what they want to major in. As a liberal arts school with a unique curriculum, students are given the oppurtunity to take a wide variety of classes to decide which classes they are interested in and which ones they are less interested in. Students at Allegheny should also be willing to try new things and to become very involved in the school community.

Anybody who is ready to learn and meet new people would love attending Allegheny. The students are interested in growing from their experiences and from what the people around them can teach them. The college is an incredible place to explore interests for students seeking close relationships with peers, professors, alumni, coaches, and administrators. The liberal arts experience is very important to all members of the college's tight-knit community. Allegheny's statement of community is a commitment made by the entire campus to demonstrate respect for all people.

You must be really self motivated to succeed. Classes are extremely tough- professors bend over backwards to help you out but if don't do the leg work, you will fail. Professors expect a lot from you and you must put effort into all of your assignments- blow off classes are few and far between. Discussion and participation are also required for success at this school. Students cannot be afraid to speak up, give their opinion and ask questions. Campus can also get a little dull so you have to be a creative thinker when it comes to having fun.

An ideal person to attend Allegheny College is one who is a diligent worker and does not mind the immense workload that the institution presents. The attention given by the professors and the amount of opportunities for the students is one of the many good qualities about the school. The school is even ideal for a student who has not yet decided on a major. There is such a diverse array of courses available for the students. Any person looking into Allegheny College should be hard working and not afraid to let their voice be heard.

A valuable student is someone who is driven, willing to take on a somewhat hefty academic workload, and most importantly someone who is willing to open his or her mind to new ways of thinking about the world. If you have many competing academic and personal interests (like an aspiring physics major who is also a budding artist, for example), then Allegheny is right for you. Their focus is on nurturing individual student's diverse interests by requring a major AND a minor in two different academic fields.

A person who gets along with others. One that likes community service and loves to read books. They should be expecting to get C's and B's because A's are hard to come by here. Join as many clubs as you can, all trips that they take are free. One that wants to be an active member in the community and in the school. If you love attending, planning social activities, this is the school for you. If you love the warmth, go to Florida or South. If you like winter sports then this can be your school.

Allegheny is a tightly knit cohesive community. A person who attends should care about their education and future. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved, and they ought to be taken advantage of. Allegheny is also a judgement free zone. Students are respectful and accepting of one another, it's very open and safe campus. Someone who believes in learning and the goodness of people should definitely attend Allegheny.

Someone who studies hard, but still loves to have a great time socially would be fit in perfectly at Allegheny. Then if a student wishes to know professors and even the President, that is possible. The people at Allegheny have high goals and study, so a student wishing to attend graduate school should defenityly consider this school, for it has incredible acceptance rates into graduate schools.

Allegheny is not an easy college, I mean what school is easy? But the person that is planning on attending Allegheny must know that he/she has to work hard to succeed. If they were a slacker in high school, there is no way they are going to do well at Allegheny because it is a tough school but they need to be willing to do the work and if they try, then they'll be able to work well at Allegheny.

At Allegheny, any student regardless of their race, sexual orientation, or social status are welcome. More time is spent studying than relaxing, but the students create a great atmosphere. If you are open to talking to people from different backgrounds and eager to learn about new things in all different fields of education, Allegheny College is the school for you.