Alma College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Alma College

Tabatha

My Overall opinion of Alma College is that it is somewhat bigger than my high school but in general it tends to be smaller than any other schools that I have viewed. The people you meet on campus are nice and the professors are pretty much available whenever you need them to be. There are a lot of extracurricular activities that can be done and there are always a lot of people at the activities that you will always meet people that might become your friends.

Joy

Alma College is great academically. It will definitely help further your career once you graduate and also while you are attending the school. The food is bad but walmart is not too far so if you can cook you should go buy some groceries. College is definitely what you make it.

Ashtyn

The main reason I chose to further my education at Alma College is because of the level of education each student receives. The small class sizes allow professors to connect with their students on a more personal level and to understand each student's most effective learning techniques. Every faculty member on campus is concerned about every student's future, whether they have them in class or not. What is most evident when walking through the classrooms is how professors are not in the classrooms just to collect a paycheck, they are there after hours to make sure they are improving and challenging their students as much as they can. As I am just finishing my freshman year, I have received opportunities I am confident that I would not have received at any other college. Through the basketball program alone, I have traveled to numerous states within the United States in order to compete against the best teams in the country. As a freshman, I was given the opportunity to travel abroad for a month to London, England and Paris, France for my Spring term. I am confident recommending Alma College to any student who is passionate about athletics, art, religion, politics, or anything else imaginable. Not only does Alma College mold and prepare students for life after college, but makes the experience enjoyable too.

Alexa

The administration could use some major work. The professors are the only reason to go. Getting involved in extracurricular activities is important or it can be pretty boring. The best part is being encouraged to travel for a spring term, however; it can be very expensive.

Dylan

Alma college has its flaws just like any other school, but in the long run, I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else. The people here are so kind and welcoming to everyone of every background. The staff is always available and willing to help. The town is big enough to get off campus, but small enough to feel like home. The opportunities available to students is tremendous as well as the ongoing support every step of the way. I am proud to call Alma College my home. Go Scots!

Carrie

Very welcoming, wonderful community, perfect vibe, and amazing people. I absolutely love alma and it is the best college I ever could have chosen. They have been very personable and welcoming from the very beginning- I could not have been more accepted by the admin or the students. Alma is amazing!

Kate

It's a very small but cute school. Everyone is willing to help and it's kind of wonderful. The cafeteria is well taken care of. The campus is gorgeous, and gives off an old vibe, but it's definitely attractive. The staff are inviting and are willing to chat with you to help get your needs met.

Tricia

I feel like Alma College is the best college to attend in Michigan and I am definitely going to like it there. I will be able to have my accommodations met, as well as a place to study in order for me to not get stressed out on my homework. I will also be able to eat the right food and have a good time at Alma so I can be successful for my future.

Alma College is just big enough you don't know everybody, but you know enough people. There seems to always be something going on on campus if you look hard enough; they're not always interesting but they're there. The housing is currently under renovations during the summers, and there's a new science study area that any student from any major can go and study at. Sports aren't overly demanding. There's plenty of artistic options to be involved with. There is a group of politically active students with social justice and issues going on in our culture today. Plus Alma is really good at handing out scholarships/grants and they give you $2500 venture grant for studying abroad. Just make sure you use your venture grant before other ones or you'll lose it. So, overall Alma is a pretty great college that I recommend to anyone.

Chris

Its a small private college that can easily challenge you academically and intellectually. The amount of class work is on a graduate level, alongside essays, papers and/or homework. Even though it may be a small institution it still has its vast connections into the professional or higher education world; if you are in need of any assistance whether it be financially, personally (mentally and physically) or academically they are always eager to help in any way they can and that is something that most colleges or big universities do--that they actually care for the students.

Ruslana

I am grateful for my overall educational experience at Alma College. It is very costly to attend and is not an easy college academically, however help is provided at every turn along the way. I love the small and intimate atmosphere and small classroom sizes. The professors take a personal interest in each student and help in whatever way they can. Alma provides many services to students on campus that make campus life easier. I am pleased that Alma has renovated and listens to students and parents opinions to make it be the best that it can.

Alicia

The campus is small and inviting. The professors are very involved with the students.

Saleen

I think Alma College is overall a good place. Some of the staff is super nice to the students but the staff in financial aid are very rude. They also do not help you at all. Alma College is a good place to be though and the atmosphere is amazing. The food is not that great but the people here are totally worth it.

Chase

Over all my experience at Alma College has been good. While I'm going to college here I'm always herring how people are getting good jobs and get a good experience for your future job. This college is kind of hard but in the end it is definitely worth the wait.

Zach

Alma College is located in Alma, MI. Not a lot of people knew that Alma College existed. The college is basically in the middle of a corn field. It's a small liberal arts school and that turns a lot of people away from attending here. Even though there may be these reasons, it's by far one of the best schools I have ever been too. Yes, it may be small, or maybe not much to do off campus, but it's a place where you can connect with people at the college in a more personal level. Classes average from 20-30 people which means that professors are able to connect with their students and know you by name and are always willing to help when in need. For me, Alma College is my home away from home.

Overall it's a very nice college, it's expensive to go to but the campus is small and easy to get around to. If you wake up five minutes before your class starts, and as long as you live on campus, there shouldn't be too much of a problem for you getting to your class relatively on time. The professors are all very nice and willing to give advice on how to succeed.

Josee

I love the school, I love the size of the school. I don't like the classes that much. They can be hard, and challenging but other times they just do not make sense. The professors are iffy, some of them are great and others are terrible. I love the athletics that we have.

I absolutely love it. Everyone is so friendly and the professors treat you like a friend and not a number. The food? That is something that can definitely be worked on. Other than that, it is a very nice college. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. It is very expensive and I am struggling to pay for it, however, I am applying for scholarships to help. I am hoping to earn plenty of scholarships to be able to continue going to Alma College. It is an amazing college.

Sydney

I personally love Alma College. The staff is very helpful about everything, and since the class sizes are small, they know your names. They will sit in their class from time to time just waiting for students to pop in to ask questions. The coaching staff is also amazing. My coach showed up at my fathers funeral.

Emma

I love Alma College! The atmosphere is great. You really are more than just a number to all of your professors. There are a lot of different opportunities for the students to get involved. From sports teams, to the arts, to sororities and fraternities, to political opportunities with Model UN there is something for everyone at Alma College.

Jaylen

It is a pretty small college but very welcoming. The people are very sweet and welcoming. Don’t be afraid to ask for help it’s encouraged and the people there are more than accommodating. There are support groups all over and most will even reach out. Through my experience everyone there just wants to see you reach your goals and be successful. Although it is costly, if you can afford I definitely recommend Alma college. I have a family there like no other.

Callie

I love Alma College! The classes are intellectually stimulating, and the atmosphere is amazing. I love the small campus vibe. I don't feel like a number on campus, but a real person. My professors know my name, my strengths and weaknesses, and they genuinely seem to be interested in seeing me succeed and advance myself in life. I feel safe and comfortable, and I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else. There are a variety of activities, clubs, and organizations that you can involve yourself with on campus. There are people who will encourage you to try things you might not have ever thought of doing before. I love how encouraging and accepting my school's environment is towards all walks of life.