Alpena, MI
Alpena Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alpena Community College

JenniferLee

Alpena Community College is an outstanding school. Falculty is very passionate about the curriculum and is always readily available to help students with any questions or concerns. The main focus of the school is geared towards the ongoing success of the students. Class sizes are small and campus is quiet and relaxed making it a very safe environment.

Kaitlan

Alpena Community College is an outstanding institution that gives students a wide range of possibilities to succeed academically and in the community. The small class sizes allow for a greater educational experience and teacher-student relationship. Also, the availability of the teachers is an enormous advantage because it allows for the student to obtain a greater educational experience. I believe that this is a great school with a lot of opportunities. For example, we have a vast array of extracurricular activities and clubs to get involved with. Our clubs range from academic based to hobby based. I love the ability to be able to be involved in an honor society and also be able to be involved in a group that is made around a hobby. For instance, we have a video game club and a language society club. There is a large diversity of interests at our school and I love that we can join groups that play toward our interests. So, in my opinion, Alpena Community College is a great school that takes into account every student's academic interests.

Angellica

Its a great place to begin, and move on from. They have great two year programs that have give good opportunities to students who graduate, giving them comfort knowing their able to get a job right out of college. Its cheap and affordable unlike most colleges around the state.

Alanna

It's a decent college if you're looking for a small campus with small class sizes and relatively inexpensive tuition costs (the campus bookstore is expensive though). The faculty are very nice and helpful, and the teachers are always willing to answer your questions. The only problem I ran into is that some classes only run in spring or fall, plus one of my classes was canceled due to not enough people enrolled. It was a class that I needed for my degree, so now I'll have to take it at university for 5 times the cost.

I'm definitely not saying this for all my teachers, but there were a few that seemed to come across as to not care whether you fell behind. I became very frustrated when I felt like I was always two steps behind sometimes.

If I could go back in time and tell myself about what I've learned about college, it would be to not drag my feet so much and just get to it! I spent five years after graduating high school of being in and out of community college and I finally decided on a future for myself. But along the way, never did I ever actually finish my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts, or anything for that matter! Now I'm five years behind for starting my life and feel like I havn't accomplished anything. I would definitely jump out of that time machine and kick myself in the butt!

My classmates always seemed eager to learn, along with myself. We also were comfortable to be layed back in the classroom setting.

Kelcey

Lack of student involvement. The student boy is just really apathetic and its hard to get them invovled in anything.

Well the overall value of the school would be the most attractive thing about ACC. You get a good education for a fraction of the cost of a four year institution.

You should focused on the quality of the education you are receiving rather than the "college experience". While partying may be fun while it lasts, it won't make a bit of difference in you job prospects and if you're partying instead of studying it could actually decreased them. Whatever school you go to make sure it has a good program for what you're pursuing. While prestige is important, you don't have to spend $50,000 a year just for a degree. We all know that a degree in buttsniffing from Harvard is more respected than graduating Summa Cum Laude from almost any other university but you have to ask yourself "is it worth it?". Consider going to a community college. No one will have concerns over you spending a year or two at a community college in the long run (despite what some people say) as they'll be looking at where you get your Bachelors as a Bachelors cancels out your associates degree. Lastly, if you need help, don't be afraid to ask for some. There are plenty of services a colleges to get you through whatever problem you may have.

Alpena Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.