Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

SOL MAX

It is my home. I have met some of the greatest people. The faculty is always there when you need them. Small class size

Breanna

Since the first time I stepped foot on Alvernia Universities campus I have felt nothing but at home, welcome and loved. The students and faculty at Alvernia are always there for you and are ready and excited to help. At Alvernia everyone is so involved with activities and making campus safe. Alvernia is such a small and lovely university.

Meilea

Alvernia University was the only college I applied to because I knew that it was the college i wanted to attend. Its campus is absolutely gorgeous, and it has really good transportation options. It is big enough that there are many different majors to choose from and all the classes are big enough, but its small enough that you can walk across campus in under 15 minutes. I love this college.

Natalie

I love Alvernia University because we're like a family here. It's safe, comfortable, and everyone here wants to help. I never feel like I have nothing to do, and although classes are challenging professors or tutors are always there to help. Alvernias goal is to help their students succeed, not fail.

Jamie

When looking for an institution that would offer me a credible and affordable MBA program, my first thought was to seek out Alvernia University. The application process and communication from my adviser were effortless. Alvernia is well known among businesses locally and I feel really comfortable knowing my decision was the right one.

Angry

The biggest mistake is attending Alvernia for its graduate program! It lacks professionalism from the staff and facility and it seems that they do not care for the students education! They pick and choose which students to like and that will determine your grade throughout the program! I am ashamed to say I am attending this school. It sucks because I have already put way too much money to withdraw from the program.

Kaitlin

Alvernia Univeristy is small, beautiful, homey, inspiring, and everyone on campus kind and friendly; I always feel inspired to learn/do something new.

I would tell my high school self to take harder classes and challenge myself. High school is the best/only preparation for transitioning into college classes. College classes are going to challenge you and the way you think.

There is nothing that I would want to change or regret about attending Alvernia University.

To go back in time, to my senior year, would be welcomed because my past self could have used the information that I know now in order to have excelled in college life and the transition to college life. The first bit of advice I would give myself would be to get more involved in school. I would tell myself to join all of the clubs I wanted to join, pick up a new hobby. I would have told myself to stop being in my little shell and make those connections with people. This would have made making new friends much easier in college. It would also have made getting involved much easier. Knowing I had social anxiety, I would tell my senior self to get help for that and make myself a new person, to reinvent myself. I also would have told myself to take better care of myself because trying to juggle school, work and trying to get in shape is a challenge. I also wish I could tell my past self to start saving more money. I never believed the stereotype of a broke college student until now. I would tell myself to change for the better.

Alvernia is a very welcoming place and it has a safe environment for all students. Alvernia makes its students feel connected to each other because the campus is so small.

A person should not attend Alvernia if they are not willing to get along with others and are not willing to try and make friends with the other students on campus.

I would tell myself to take a deep breath and focus more in school then on my friends. Coming to college was an eye-opening experience with the intense workload, but it will be worth it! Find a school you fall in love with and that is welcoming.

Anyone who is determined to get a degree to beter their lives should attend Alvernia.

I love that Alvernia has so many community service opputunities and so many oppurtunities to get involved.

My high school years were not very typical. When I fifteen my sister died from a medical error. Therefore, I was not a normal high school student. I wanted college to be different. I wanted to feel normal. I did not take my freshman year of college seriously. In retro spect, I would have told myself that my freshman year is my most important year, and it creates an essential academic foundation for nursing students. My goal in life is to be a pediatric nurse practictioner because of what happened to my little sister. I would have told myself this was not going to be easy road, and that this program was going to drain me completely. But would have reminded myself of the reasoning behind my dream and all that necessary hard work. Fianlly, I would have explained to myself the relevancy of community service. At my school, community serivce hours are required for graduation. I thought this was rediculous when I first apllied to go to Alvernia. Despite this, I have learned over the years the rewarding feeling you obtain when you participate in community service. It is undescribable. I believe this advice would have been priceless.

I beleive the worst thing at my school is the housing department. They are not caring or understand of situations with students whose parents live far away. They are run very poorly, and are very unprofessional. I cannot make meetings with people who work in housing. Every person that works there is very young, maybe in their thirties or younger, and have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I will be writing a letter to the president of residence life after I move out next year. Hopefully, things will be changed for the new students coming in on campus.

I think the most thing I brag about to my friends is how small and attentive my school is acedemically. My professors and tutors are wonderful. They care immensely for their students and will go above and beyond to make us successful. I love my classes they are not big at all, and if I need ot speek with my professor their are readily available whenever I need them. I love all the classes I am taking. I am a nursing major bio minor at Alvernia University, and the amount of information I have learned over the years is amazing.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.