Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

Marissa

I would first advise myself to focus primarily on my school work and decrease the amount of hours worked each week. I would also tell myself to continue to persevere even through the darkest of times and continually strive to better youself. Never give up and always put forth your best effort. Do not let other discourage you.

I would tell my high school self to sit down first. I would begin by saying indecision is okay! You're not going to completely know what you want to do. I would also tell her that she should try different things and not be afraid. Last thing I would say without a doubt would be follow your heart. By following your heart, you will do things you always wanted to do, find love, and grow a backbone to grow stronger in the person you are. And most of all, high school Nicole, don't change a thing and don't be afraid.

I actually like how small the classes are, professors and doctors can work one on one with you more and you're not just student # whatever.

Residence Life! They choose favorites! If you apply for an RA position, unless you kiss their butts you won't get it! THE END!

briana

my classmates are very supportive.

my classmates are very supportive.

During my freshman year in college I learned so much that i wish i would have knew during my senior year. The most important advice would be to take your work seriously, but take care of yourself first. The work in college is important but you cannot do your work to the best of your ability if you are stressed out and making yourself sick. At the end of the day you are the most important factor in the four year journey to getting your degree make sure you are taken care of and great things will follow.

People who are not serious about their education and only want to party.

Rebecca

If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing, I would tell myself never let something get in the way of your dreams. They are you dreams and there should never be a person that comes in to your life and lets you change that. It is impossible for a person not to make a mistake, but if I could, I would tell myself to be careful with which boys I like. They can cause alot of problems and change you, sometimes not always for the best. Never stop working for my dreams. My dreams have been with me all of my life and they should not be thrown away because of one person. I will never give up on myself, but when times get hard, I know I have to stay strong. My advice would be never give up on my dreams, and just keep going. No matter what life has to say.

The best thing about my school, Alvernia University, is everything. It is impossible to say one thing that this school does best. I love the fact that if I ever need help, there is always a staff group aviable for help. This school sets us up for success, not to take our money and watch us fail. They want the best for us and I am willing to do my best to spread how amazing of a school this is. I was given an equal oppurtinity to succeed and to get to where I want to be in life.

The worst thing about Alvernia is the cost. I will be in debt for the rest of my life because of this decision I made. I know that teachers don't get paid much, but I am fine with that, I will just be working the rest of my life to pay off my college expirence. It is so costly that I feel as though I will never make it out of debt.

Staci

I’ve been in a bubble my whole life. I suppose that explains why I enjoyed playing with them so much as a child. My world, kindergarten through senior year, was two buildings separated by a parking lot; a high school with only three hallways; and I loved it. I never thought much about college or finding a job; I was perfectly happy in my bubble. Then near the end of my junior year, it popped! I was suddenly faced with ACT scores, college and scholarship applications, financial aid, and everyone asking me where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do with my life. I was so overwhelmed that I pushed everything aside and decided not to worry about it, which unfortunately, came with many consequences. I always tell myself, that if I could go back, I would give myself the help that I never had. I would have joined more clubs, made more connections, gotten scholarships, and graduated with the best, and everyone would be so proud. However, I will not waste more time looking into the past at “what could have been”, but am now going to focus on the future and “what could become”.

Kaitlin

My classmates are helpful and kind, with the small classroom setting it helps us all get to know each other very well.

AS a high school senior, I would tell my self to study a lot more then I have been.

The best thing about Alvernia University is the education that I am reciving is pretty good. The small classroom settings and the friendly professors are also a plus. I can say as a Freshman, I am so far happy with my choice of going to Alverina University.

Patsy

As a first generation college graduate the transition into a university was unlike any other. Both of my parents were raced in Mexico, they did not have the opportunity to experience the life that they have provided my siblings and me with. As I looked for advice from my family they gave me the best knowledge that they could without knowing exactly what to expect. If I could go back in time with this knowledge and experienced I would make sure that college was worthwhile. It was a wonderful experience but there are several things that I would do differently. First I would pay close attention to the people I surrounded myself with. It is very important to be around positive and ambitious people so that you can excel. I would also take more advantage of school activities by becoming more proficient in scheduling time for schoolwork and extracurricular activities. I would mostly take advantage of studying abroad because it would have broadened my understanding and viewpoints of different cultures and their perspectives. Overall being active within the school is very important because it would help in finding ambitious people that could result in life long friendship, knowledge and memories.

I am completing a certificate program at this school. I have an undergraduate degree form another university and in comparing the two I wish that Alvernia College was advertised more whithin the local community. As the fall 2012 semester started I learned that the schools outside reasorces were very helpful to the students and in abundance. I wish I also knew that Alvernias reasorces were this helpful.

As of today I am very happy with Alvernia College. The gymnasium is very small for my liking but useful and I understand that they are remodeling and growing the gymnasium so I can not wait until its ready for use.

Mallory

The main thing that I would tell myself as a high school senior is to work harder, not only to recieve better grades, but to prepare myself more for college. Throughout my high school career, I was always under the impression that the teachers were preparing us for college life. My freshman year in college, I found this to be false. The teachers did do as much as they could but I realized that it was actually up to the students to make sure they were prepared. This includes getting good grades, getting involved in activities, and setting up good study processes. These aspects carry over to college life and make it easier to transition more quickly if students already have things planned out. I know the rest of my college career will be easier to transition to since I now have an idea of what it is like, but I do wish I would have worked harder in high school to better prepare myself with or without the help of others.

A person that should not attend Alvernia is someone who does not like a small class room setting. So far, none of my classes have had more than thirty people enrolled in them. This aspect is great for students that want or need one on one attention from the professors. Some college students prefer to have a larger class room setting to do the work themselves or work in study groups. Alvernia allows students to decide how they prefer to work with or without the professor's help.

The thing that I brag most about when I tell my friends about my school is the beautiful campus. I know that a lot of colleges have enormous campuses with different activities for the students to get involved with. Alvernia is a private college, so the campus is not that big. Despite the size, there are still many activities for students to involve themselves in. I love to just sit outside and admire how beautiful the campus looks on a daily basis.

I wish I would have learned at a young age to save every penny that I could save because the school of your dreams may be too much for you to pay for.

I belive that the most frustrating thing about my school is figuring out how you are going to pay for your tuition to stay enrolled in the school.

Kyla

I would say you need to manage time more efficiently. College is a lot of work and you need to study for your exams. Take your classes seriously and you will have to put effort in to them because they are going to be very difficult. You will need to be abe to produce at least five page papers because that is the expectation.

The shuttle service that they provide because it is not efficient. The shuttle does not rotate constantly therefore the students are waiting for at least ten to fifteen minutes.

Alvernia is a really good university. They have wonderful classes and are very organized with everything. They provide enough for the students to attend on campus. The requirements they have for their students benefit the students in many ways. The campus and the classes are small which provides a great opportunity for the students to get to know each other and their professors.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.