Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

matthew

Listen closely. This is your future self speaking to you. Right now, life isn't so great. Vivien is finally here. Imagine that. :) You pick her up on her 18th birthday from the airport, oh and Jessica cheats on you, so be prepared. The problem is... you're screwing up. You end up graduating with a 2.71 GPA, which is not acceptable. You need to study harder, and make better grades. It's making it hard for us to get into college. Also... we found the answer to our... problems. Valorian Root. You can get it from Publix. It helps our Anxiety. After getting some ($3 for 100 tablets), start exercising. You'll want to. You kinda let yourself go by 30lbs. It's not too great. Most importantly, get better grades. I know it sucks, but just do it. If you don't listen to anyone else, listen to yourself... Now is the time to take things seriously. Don't wait until graduation. Start now! Or else you'll regret it. Take care -- 10/9/2012 P.S. Justin Bieber... his music gets better... Yeah. Weird, right?

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that college is the start to your future and you have to make the most of it. Focus on your grades and get involved. College is an amazing oportunity that not many people get to experience. Don't let the college work discourage you! You can do anything that you put your mind to. Nothing is ever impossible. As much as you feel like giving up sometimes, don't! Keep on trying and putting forth your best effort, because in the end I promise you it will all pay off! Keep your head in the game of life!

The best thing about Alvernia is the community. Everyone seems to get along great with everyone else and their student to professor ratio is phenomenal. The classes are small enough that you get that one on one time with the professor and it gives you the opportunity to get to know them as well as them get to know you! Everyone looks out for eachother and thats what I love most about Alvernia University. I couldn't have chosen a better college.

Before I had gone to college I wish I would have known about drinking in college and how it can effect grades and also your emtions. . If I could go back in time I would have approached the drinking on campus in a different way and probably would not have done it as often as I did. Alvernia has great on campus activites to get involved in, and I would have had just as much fun doing those other activities then I did partying my first year.

Taariq

I would tell anyone willing to listen, not to your Education for granted!! Without education you can not make it in life, you can not even get a job working with the Sanitaion Department without high school diploma. When starting high school while in 9th grade I was so busy clowning around with friends trying to do what ever it took, to be popular. In doing so i ended up wasting the first year of high school failing every class but P.E During second year I tryed buckling down staying focused and getting my grades up. Grades were not great but I did pass every class. Since I did'nt pass the previous year I wanted to change schools I was to ashamed to stay in the same school. Thank GOD the new school I was attending happen to be a alternative school . By taking extra online classes and summer school, I was able to play catch up enabling me to graduate on time . Just think it all could of been avoided just doing what i was in school to do get a Education. Bottom line focuse more on your school work and less on trying to be popular.

Kelsey

If I could go back in time I would have a lot of advice for myself. I would advise myself to do better in my classes. As a senior you’re not finished with school quit yet so do not slack off. I would also advise myself to look into a lot more scholarship opportunities, plan more of what college to attend. I would advise myself to save more money for school. I would also advise myself to seek a consular about opportunities for financial aid. I would tell myself to ask that consular their opinions on what they did to get through college and what they suggest for me. Overall I would simply tell myself to plan better and think things through before jumping into the college life.

Carly

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to make sure I take all my classes seriously and proiritize my assignments. I would also say to myself to not worry about socializing as much and focus on getting good grades and understanding my critical classes becuase I would need some of them in the future. I would remind myself that high school is not the end, it is more like a beginning because college is where you really start to grow and develop into the human being you will be for the rest of your life. College is the time to make the most of your time and studies, high school is just a prerequisite for college. High school is nothing compared to the experiences and work you receive in college.

Some classes are very challenging depending on the professor you get. The food isn't very good.

Everyone is very friendly and nice. The teachers are great and the classes are just the right size for me. I love the Occupational Therapy program and all the friends I have made while here. I love the dorms.

Olaya

i would tell myself to go to away to college to any school of my choice that i got accepted to attend, instead of staying in town and attend a community college. At such a young age you will have the opportunity to go anywhere without much responsabilty, meaning not working, that way you can focus more in school work intead of having to work for a living first.

Sara

Catholic university, that promotes academic achievement and good behavior.

Catholic university, that promotes academic achievement and good behavior.

If I could go back in time and let my high-school self know anything about college, I'd recommend one major thing. My advice I would have for myself would be to explore jobs. I wasted my first year of college on a major I knew I didn't like just because I felt pressured to begin college with a major. I chose Elementary Education because it was a job I knew that I thought I'd be able to handle. Within the first semester I could tell this wasn't what I wanted to do with my life. I sat down one day during my freshman year of college and started researching various medical field jobs. I stumbled across Occupational Therapy (which I had never heard of before) and knew it was something I was extremely interested in. Now I have a major that I love. I would highly recommend searching for jobs yourself; because school doesn't introduce you to many jobs out there, and that job that you never heard of might end up being a career you love. Don't settle for a career just because it was mentioned on career day in high school.

Small classes, access to teachers and materials.

Monica

My school is helping me get the degree and accreditation that I desire and need to obtain my desired career in Behavioral Health.

I would warn my high school self about all of the costs and fees that college entails, such as technology and regsitration fees. Also, I would let me past self know that books and travel fees are no joke. I would also advise myself to triple check any college I may be interested in for accreditation. The last thing you want is a school that takes your money and time and leaves you with a degree you cannot use in the real world.

Hmm.... the only complaint I really have is that it is not closer to where I live. I attend the Philadelphia campus in Melrose Park, and gas prices are higher mor enow than ever.

laura

Work for a couple years, think about what YOU could live with doing for the rest of your days, and do it. Do not pursue something to either make someone else happy or to make an impression. Choose something that, 50 years down the line, you will be able to say you spent your life wisely and you would do it again.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.