Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

Kaitlin

My classmates are helpful and kind, with the small classroom setting it helps us all get to know each other very well.

AS a high school senior, I would tell my self to study a lot more then I have been.

The best thing about Alvernia University is the education that I am reciving is pretty good. The small classroom settings and the friendly professors are also a plus. I can say as a Freshman, I am so far happy with my choice of going to Alverina University.

Patsy

As a first generation college graduate the transition into a university was unlike any other. Both of my parents were raced in Mexico, they did not have the opportunity to experience the life that they have provided my siblings and me with. As I looked for advice from my family they gave me the best knowledge that they could without knowing exactly what to expect. If I could go back in time with this knowledge and experienced I would make sure that college was worthwhile. It was a wonderful experience but there are several things that I would do differently. First I would pay close attention to the people I surrounded myself with. It is very important to be around positive and ambitious people so that you can excel. I would also take more advantage of school activities by becoming more proficient in scheduling time for schoolwork and extracurricular activities. I would mostly take advantage of studying abroad because it would have broadened my understanding and viewpoints of different cultures and their perspectives. Overall being active within the school is very important because it would help in finding ambitious people that could result in life long friendship, knowledge and memories.

I am completing a certificate program at this school. I have an undergraduate degree form another university and in comparing the two I wish that Alvernia College was advertised more whithin the local community. As the fall 2012 semester started I learned that the schools outside reasorces were very helpful to the students and in abundance. I wish I also knew that Alvernias reasorces were this helpful.

As of today I am very happy with Alvernia College. The gymnasium is very small for my liking but useful and I understand that they are remodeling and growing the gymnasium so I can not wait until its ready for use.

Mallory

The main thing that I would tell myself as a high school senior is to work harder, not only to recieve better grades, but to prepare myself more for college. Throughout my high school career, I was always under the impression that the teachers were preparing us for college life. My freshman year in college, I found this to be false. The teachers did do as much as they could but I realized that it was actually up to the students to make sure they were prepared. This includes getting good grades, getting involved in activities, and setting up good study processes. These aspects carry over to college life and make it easier to transition more quickly if students already have things planned out. I know the rest of my college career will be easier to transition to since I now have an idea of what it is like, but I do wish I would have worked harder in high school to better prepare myself with or without the help of others.

A person that should not attend Alvernia is someone who does not like a small class room setting. So far, none of my classes have had more than thirty people enrolled in them. This aspect is great for students that want or need one on one attention from the professors. Some college students prefer to have a larger class room setting to do the work themselves or work in study groups. Alvernia allows students to decide how they prefer to work with or without the professor's help.

The thing that I brag most about when I tell my friends about my school is the beautiful campus. I know that a lot of colleges have enormous campuses with different activities for the students to get involved with. Alvernia is a private college, so the campus is not that big. Despite the size, there are still many activities for students to involve themselves in. I love to just sit outside and admire how beautiful the campus looks on a daily basis.

I wish I would have learned at a young age to save every penny that I could save because the school of your dreams may be too much for you to pay for.

I belive that the most frustrating thing about my school is figuring out how you are going to pay for your tuition to stay enrolled in the school.

Kyla

I would say you need to manage time more efficiently. College is a lot of work and you need to study for your exams. Take your classes seriously and you will have to put effort in to them because they are going to be very difficult. You will need to be abe to produce at least five page papers because that is the expectation.

The shuttle service that they provide because it is not efficient. The shuttle does not rotate constantly therefore the students are waiting for at least ten to fifteen minutes.

Alvernia is a really good university. They have wonderful classes and are very organized with everything. They provide enough for the students to attend on campus. The requirements they have for their students benefit the students in many ways. The campus and the classes are small which provides a great opportunity for the students to get to know each other and their professors.

matthew

Listen closely. This is your future self speaking to you. Right now, life isn't so great. Vivien is finally here. Imagine that. :) You pick her up on her 18th birthday from the airport, oh and Jessica cheats on you, so be prepared. The problem is... you're screwing up. You end up graduating with a 2.71 GPA, which is not acceptable. You need to study harder, and make better grades. It's making it hard for us to get into college. Also... we found the answer to our... problems. Valorian Root. You can get it from Publix. It helps our Anxiety. After getting some ($3 for 100 tablets), start exercising. You'll want to. You kinda let yourself go by 30lbs. It's not too great. Most importantly, get better grades. I know it sucks, but just do it. If you don't listen to anyone else, listen to yourself... Now is the time to take things seriously. Don't wait until graduation. Start now! Or else you'll regret it. Take care -- 10/9/2012 P.S. Justin Bieber... his music gets better... Yeah. Weird, right?

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that college is the start to your future and you have to make the most of it. Focus on your grades and get involved. College is an amazing oportunity that not many people get to experience. Don't let the college work discourage you! You can do anything that you put your mind to. Nothing is ever impossible. As much as you feel like giving up sometimes, don't! Keep on trying and putting forth your best effort, because in the end I promise you it will all pay off! Keep your head in the game of life!

The best thing about Alvernia is the community. Everyone seems to get along great with everyone else and their student to professor ratio is phenomenal. The classes are small enough that you get that one on one time with the professor and it gives you the opportunity to get to know them as well as them get to know you! Everyone looks out for eachother and thats what I love most about Alvernia University. I couldn't have chosen a better college.

Before I had gone to college I wish I would have known about drinking in college and how it can effect grades and also your emtions. . If I could go back in time I would have approached the drinking on campus in a different way and probably would not have done it as often as I did. Alvernia has great on campus activites to get involved in, and I would have had just as much fun doing those other activities then I did partying my first year.

Taariq

I would tell anyone willing to listen, not to your Education for granted!! Without education you can not make it in life, you can not even get a job working with the Sanitaion Department without high school diploma. When starting high school while in 9th grade I was so busy clowning around with friends trying to do what ever it took, to be popular. In doing so i ended up wasting the first year of high school failing every class but P.E During second year I tryed buckling down staying focused and getting my grades up. Grades were not great but I did pass every class. Since I did'nt pass the previous year I wanted to change schools I was to ashamed to stay in the same school. Thank GOD the new school I was attending happen to be a alternative school . By taking extra online classes and summer school, I was able to play catch up enabling me to graduate on time . Just think it all could of been avoided just doing what i was in school to do get a Education. Bottom line focuse more on your school work and less on trying to be popular.

Kelsey

If I could go back in time I would have a lot of advice for myself. I would advise myself to do better in my classes. As a senior you’re not finished with school quit yet so do not slack off. I would also advise myself to look into a lot more scholarship opportunities, plan more of what college to attend. I would advise myself to save more money for school. I would also advise myself to seek a consular about opportunities for financial aid. I would tell myself to ask that consular their opinions on what they did to get through college and what they suggest for me. Overall I would simply tell myself to plan better and think things through before jumping into the college life.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.