Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

Valerie

If I had the ability to go back in time and teach myself as a high school senior I would truly push my senior-self to apply for scholarships. I have found through the two years of being in college, school is expensive. Paying for school is hard on my mother and I who are paying for five classes a semester. Even now that I am about to be a parent it has become hard to balance the cost of school and baby needs. Most of all I’d really be telling myself in high school to apply. I’d say even if the scholarship was too hard or too simple make time to fill it out because it will help in the future. Addition to applying for scholarships my senior year I’d as well truly focus on my major and what I would like to achieve later in life. Just recently I have realized to go into the forensic field, realizing this would have been a lot easier and better to have done so my senior year. I do wish the time machine was created though I will do with what I have learned now and apply.

Jeanne

I believe I values people's opinions too heavily while I was in high school. Reputation was very important to me and I often found myself doing the wrong things because I knew the right choice was an unpopular decision. Now that I am in college I have expressed my uniqueness and thrived as an individual. I would tell my high school self to stop worrying about what others think. You have to do whats best for you. And those that truly care about you will accept and appreciate that. I believe I have matured a lot since college started and I am proud to say I think I have changed for the better.

The best thing about Alvernia is the relationship the teachers make with their students. They truly care about everyone being successful. They are extremely helpful in scheduling meeting times and going over any questions or concerns you may have. This school really promotes you as an individual rather than just a number.

Alvernia is a small Catholic school located in Pennsylvania. This school would be a great fit for somebody that wants to stay close to their religion and somebody that would prefer a smaller ratior of students per a professor. You're around your peers a lot so it you extremely close with everyone, particularly those in your major.

Marques

Well first of all i would have given myself the advise to pay more attention in class and not become so easily distracted by what everyone else is doing. Then i would tell myself to set a path of obtainable goals and follow through with them. I also would tell myself to start looking for work now and making career choices towards what my goals are . Also i would say become a better judge of character and choose your freinds wisly for you do not know what or who they will become and you do not want to be lead astray from your accoplishments and goals to come . i would then say give your self time to fill in your shoes life is a big step and most of your decisions are based on you and where you would like you life to head so take your time and make all your choices wisely and dont give up no matter how hard things get because if you fail get back up and go at it again. no ones perferct and life has a way of going good and then going bad. all u can do is stay balanced good luck..

Adrienne

My classmates are diverse in personalities, interests, and backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common; they all want to be successful.

If I could go back in time and talk to my former high school self, I would tell myself to further enjoy my senior year of high school. I now know that I am capable of adjusting to new situations and making my name known in a new environment. I spent much of my senior year stressing over whether or not I would be able to handle the transition from living at home to living on my own. I now know that I am capable of being independent and that I shouldn't underestimate myself. I have no regrets from my high school year, but if I could change one thing it would be to have even more fun, because your senior year of high school only comes around once.

The kind of person that should attend Alvernia University is someone that is hard-working, outgoing, and interested in moving forward with their eduction. Alvernia University is an institution that takes their students' educations very seriously. Also, Alvernia University not only offers outstanding educational opportunities, but diverse student activities as well. So, a person who can handle a demanding study schedule and campus activities is someone who belongs at Alvernia University.

Daniel

The most important college value I have obtained at my school is the ability to learn. In undergraduate studies whether people believe it or not you are still just learning how to learn in a matter of speaking. Here I am learning what I truly want to specialize in sure you pick your major, but you truly learn what you like and what you want to before graduate school and possibly doctoral studies. That is the most valuable commodity I have obtained at this school.

The teachers are the best part about the school because they are personal people with families and desires just as the students. They believe in the advancement of our well being and want us to find a job meant for us outside of the school. The teachers want us to pursue higher degrees but they do not really tell us how to reach those goals.

What can be must frustrating about my school is the inner school politics among the administrators and directors. My school recently became a university and ever since that it has begun to lose its college values that it was originally founded on. The teachers may still be personal but the adminstration is beginning to lose what was most important to them before the switch to university status. I also wish our teachers would put more emphasis on graduate and doctoral studies in which students like my self want to apply for.

Yousef

Attending college is of great value to me because it has given me three important abilities that give me a sense of motivation and happiness no matter what it is I do whenever I am using one of these abilities. The 1st skill I received from college is critically thinking. This skill is priceless to me because it gives me a dynamic path of thought to answer and make decisions based on various types of questions or situations. Arithmetic reasoning is the 2nd skill that college has given me and with this capability I am able to experience and/or perceive a natural phenomena and than model that circumstance by using mathematics and conceptual knowledge to answer questions and pioneer new ideas. The final gift that college has awarded me with is a dynamic, clear, and efficient way of communication. This invaluable ability gives me a means to express my ideas and systems of ideas to others so that those thoughts are comprehensible and require the least amount of time I need to convey my thoughts to people. No matter how I attain a drive or joy, it will come from one of these abilities that college gave to me.

Kiara

Most of my classmates are dedicated and come to class to obtain information that will be helpful in their future careers.

My school is well- known for its religious affiliation and history as a university.

What I have gotten from attending my college is exactly what I came to receive. I came to this university to obtain a degree in forensics and nursing and in a university that will set me up with the right tools to successfully become a nurse in a criminal related setting. My university has a great nursing and forensic science program and I feel like it is an honor to attend this university because the professors at my college are the cream of the crop in educating in these specific fields.

Jen

Alvernia is a Catholic affiliated private school that gives students the opportunity to have personal interactions with professors and administration.

In just my first year at Alvernia, I can say that the President of the University and Vice President of Student Life know me by name. Through my meetings with different administration I have been able to attend meetings as a student to give imput on how to make the University better. Through one of my courses, and interactions with professors, I truly discovered my passions and changed my major. Now I can say I have goals and dreams for after graduation. Through discussions and campus events I have been exposed to the knowledge of injustices in the world and organizations trying to make the world a better place. I have met people traveling the world to inform others of world issues and how they can help. Alvernia has been such a gift to me, and I look forward to the next three years.

Anyone who wants to be known, stand out, make strong connects in the community, and be in a faith enviornment should attend Alvernia.

Brendon

My school is known for its outstanding faculity and devotion to the Franciscan values in our daily lives. Alvernia strives to show us how not just to be great students but also great people. They offer many activites to get us involved in the community and help the greater Reading area.

After experiencing a semester of college life, there are many things I would pass on to my former high school self. One would be to experience more class types in high school, because it helps to have a clear understanding about what path you want to go down. After coming into college as a business major, I quickly realized that was not the path I was destined to go, and could have easily found out by taking a business class in school. I would also tell myself that people you meet in orientation will not be the same people you see come winter break. College changes people, some for the good, and some for the bad. It's important that you recognize who will be there for you come graduation and after and who you will quickly grow to annoy you. Being in college is a great experience that requires work, discipline, time management, and a knack for taking chances and experiencing all that it offers. Go out and join clubs, listening to the speakers, and go to the trips offered, because it is the last great adventure before adulthood.

The worst thing about Alvernia is the overwhelming number of commuting students that can lead to little activities over the weekends.

Chrysan

Small clases,wonderful professors that love the field they are in and they project it onto the students.

I would go to college.especially a college of this size.It is a small college with small classes.They give back to the community in so many ways.The transition is alot easier then if I would of attended a big school that I might have gotten swallowed up by and fell through the cracks,and I prbably would of dropped out,for me this was a good decesion.

Anyone that likes small class sizes an giving back.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.