Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

Carly

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to make sure I take all my classes seriously and proiritize my assignments. I would also say to myself to not worry about socializing as much and focus on getting good grades and understanding my critical classes becuase I would need some of them in the future. I would remind myself that high school is not the end, it is more like a beginning because college is where you really start to grow and develop into the human being you will be for the rest of your life. College is the time to make the most of your time and studies, high school is just a prerequisite for college. High school is nothing compared to the experiences and work you receive in college.

Some classes are very challenging depending on the professor you get. The food isn't very good.

Everyone is very friendly and nice. The teachers are great and the classes are just the right size for me. I love the Occupational Therapy program and all the friends I have made while here. I love the dorms.

Olaya

i would tell myself to go to away to college to any school of my choice that i got accepted to attend, instead of staying in town and attend a community college. At such a young age you will have the opportunity to go anywhere without much responsabilty, meaning not working, that way you can focus more in school work intead of having to work for a living first.

Sara

Catholic university, that promotes academic achievement and good behavior.

Catholic university, that promotes academic achievement and good behavior.

If I could go back in time and let my high-school self know anything about college, I'd recommend one major thing. My advice I would have for myself would be to explore jobs. I wasted my first year of college on a major I knew I didn't like just because I felt pressured to begin college with a major. I chose Elementary Education because it was a job I knew that I thought I'd be able to handle. Within the first semester I could tell this wasn't what I wanted to do with my life. I sat down one day during my freshman year of college and started researching various medical field jobs. I stumbled across Occupational Therapy (which I had never heard of before) and knew it was something I was extremely interested in. Now I have a major that I love. I would highly recommend searching for jobs yourself; because school doesn't introduce you to many jobs out there, and that job that you never heard of might end up being a career you love. Don't settle for a career just because it was mentioned on career day in high school.

Small classes, access to teachers and materials.

Monica

My school is helping me get the degree and accreditation that I desire and need to obtain my desired career in Behavioral Health.

I would warn my high school self about all of the costs and fees that college entails, such as technology and regsitration fees. Also, I would let me past self know that books and travel fees are no joke. I would also advise myself to triple check any college I may be interested in for accreditation. The last thing you want is a school that takes your money and time and leaves you with a degree you cannot use in the real world.

Hmm.... the only complaint I really have is that it is not closer to where I live. I attend the Philadelphia campus in Melrose Park, and gas prices are higher mor enow than ever.

laura

Work for a couple years, think about what YOU could live with doing for the rest of your days, and do it. Do not pursue something to either make someone else happy or to make an impression. Choose something that, 50 years down the line, you will be able to say you spent your life wisely and you would do it again.

Valerie

If I had the ability to go back in time and teach myself as a high school senior I would truly push my senior-self to apply for scholarships. I have found through the two years of being in college, school is expensive. Paying for school is hard on my mother and I who are paying for five classes a semester. Even now that I am about to be a parent it has become hard to balance the cost of school and baby needs. Most of all I’d really be telling myself in high school to apply. I’d say even if the scholarship was too hard or too simple make time to fill it out because it will help in the future. Addition to applying for scholarships my senior year I’d as well truly focus on my major and what I would like to achieve later in life. Just recently I have realized to go into the forensic field, realizing this would have been a lot easier and better to have done so my senior year. I do wish the time machine was created though I will do with what I have learned now and apply.

Jeanne

I believe I values people's opinions too heavily while I was in high school. Reputation was very important to me and I often found myself doing the wrong things because I knew the right choice was an unpopular decision. Now that I am in college I have expressed my uniqueness and thrived as an individual. I would tell my high school self to stop worrying about what others think. You have to do whats best for you. And those that truly care about you will accept and appreciate that. I believe I have matured a lot since college started and I am proud to say I think I have changed for the better.

The best thing about Alvernia is the relationship the teachers make with their students. They truly care about everyone being successful. They are extremely helpful in scheduling meeting times and going over any questions or concerns you may have. This school really promotes you as an individual rather than just a number.

Alvernia is a small Catholic school located in Pennsylvania. This school would be a great fit for somebody that wants to stay close to their religion and somebody that would prefer a smaller ratior of students per a professor. You're around your peers a lot so it you extremely close with everyone, particularly those in your major.

Marques

Well first of all i would have given myself the advise to pay more attention in class and not become so easily distracted by what everyone else is doing. Then i would tell myself to set a path of obtainable goals and follow through with them. I also would tell myself to start looking for work now and making career choices towards what my goals are . Also i would say become a better judge of character and choose your freinds wisly for you do not know what or who they will become and you do not want to be lead astray from your accoplishments and goals to come . i would then say give your self time to fill in your shoes life is a big step and most of your decisions are based on you and where you would like you life to head so take your time and make all your choices wisely and dont give up no matter how hard things get because if you fail get back up and go at it again. no ones perferct and life has a way of going good and then going bad. all u can do is stay balanced good luck..

Adrienne

My classmates are diverse in personalities, interests, and backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common; they all want to be successful.

If I could go back in time and talk to my former high school self, I would tell myself to further enjoy my senior year of high school. I now know that I am capable of adjusting to new situations and making my name known in a new environment. I spent much of my senior year stressing over whether or not I would be able to handle the transition from living at home to living on my own. I now know that I am capable of being independent and that I shouldn't underestimate myself. I have no regrets from my high school year, but if I could change one thing it would be to have even more fun, because your senior year of high school only comes around once.

The kind of person that should attend Alvernia University is someone that is hard-working, outgoing, and interested in moving forward with their eduction. Alvernia University is an institution that takes their students' educations very seriously. Also, Alvernia University not only offers outstanding educational opportunities, but diverse student activities as well. So, a person who can handle a demanding study schedule and campus activities is someone who belongs at Alvernia University.

Daniel

The most important college value I have obtained at my school is the ability to learn. In undergraduate studies whether people believe it or not you are still just learning how to learn in a matter of speaking. Here I am learning what I truly want to specialize in sure you pick your major, but you truly learn what you like and what you want to before graduate school and possibly doctoral studies. That is the most valuable commodity I have obtained at this school.

The teachers are the best part about the school because they are personal people with families and desires just as the students. They believe in the advancement of our well being and want us to find a job meant for us outside of the school. The teachers want us to pursue higher degrees but they do not really tell us how to reach those goals.

What can be must frustrating about my school is the inner school politics among the administrators and directors. My school recently became a university and ever since that it has begun to lose its college values that it was originally founded on. The teachers may still be personal but the adminstration is beginning to lose what was most important to them before the switch to university status. I also wish our teachers would put more emphasis on graduate and doctoral studies in which students like my self want to apply for.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.