Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

The schoool is open, friendly, and very accomodating.

The schoool is open, friendly, and very accomodating.

I would tell my high school self to not wait to finish my education. I would also encourage myself to participate in more extracurricular clubs and activities as well as begin looking for scholarshjips and things during high school. It also would have probably been better for me to not attend a vocational school during high school and focused on taking more college prep courses. I would tell myself to go for my goals and don't settle due to not having the financial support of one of her parents.

The campus is local to where I live which enables me to commute. The counselors and advisors are very helpful. They try to answer any questions and return calls with information that they needed to find. I also like the ability to schedule classes around my work schedule and still attend full-time. The campus is very nice and offers many ammenties like exercise classes and a commuter lounge for their older population.

My school is best known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Alvernia University is a very small campus where mostly everyone knows each other. I find this type of environment easier to adapt to because it feels accepting and more like home. Alvernia University is also known for its growth. The school recently became a university and has undergone many changes to better the campus. More majors are now offered and more housing options are now available.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to give up. I would sit myself down and explain how important it is to take high school seriously, even if I am a senior. I would tell myself not to listen to those who say making the transition from high school to college is easy. I would clarify that high school classes are nothing like college classes and paying attention to lectures is your best studying technique. Making an error in high school is nothing like making an error in college. You are paying a high price to be in college so failing a course is not even an option. No one at college is there to hold your hand and remind you of your assignments or an upcoming exam. I would explain to myself that college is difficult and is only for those who really want it. There will be many late nights studying and very little free time. My best advice to myself as senior is to push myself harder and realize that I can do it.

In my opinion, the best characteristic of Alvernia University is the size and opportunities. I consider the campus size to be an important aspect because personal attention from the professors encourages me to be successful and make a difference in the classroom. Another great thing about Alvernia University is the opportunities that all of the students experience before graduating. Forty hours of hands-on volunteering is required before graduation. By doing community service, I was able to narrow down what field of nursing I would like to enter after I graduate.

Caitlin

Campus life isn't half bad. It is like living in a giant community of your peers. Some of the professors are helpful and friendly. You make many great friends. You learn to live on your own and be dependant on you. I am a more well rounded person. I have matured, being self-sufficent.

The cafeteria. The variety of food leaves alot to be desired. The food is very bland. I understand they are cooking for many, but be creative.

It is a school that is small enough that you don't get lost. Also, that the teachers know now your name and who you are; That doesn't make you a face and a number, it makes you a person.

Bethany

I would tell myself that I don't need to go to school to be a teacher like my mother wants, that I should just persue the Electronics Engineering Degree that I want. I would tell myself that I need to keep working hard and studying hard, but most importantly, to persue the degree that I know is right for me, and to keep the 3.7 GPA. About the problems that my mother would cause when I decided to change my major and how she then decided to claim me on her taxes so that I couldn't use my own tax information to apply for loans. And that I would have to wait to go back to school until she could no longer do this. I would stand up to my mother, who knows, if I had, I would probably already have my Electronics Engineering Degree. I just want to work hard, earn my degree, and find a good, stable job. I would stress working hard and keeping my GPA up.

Lyudmila

I came to this country from Ukraine 9 years ago. i wonted to go back to the level I was in my country: nurse-midwife. It took time to learn english at first and then start from the beginning. I studied so hard because it was my second language and many words were new to me. I became a RN and started to work in the Labor and Delivery unit. So that was a little bit closer to my dream. to become a midwife in USA i had to accomplish BSN first. Now, I am almost finished my BSN and looking into applying for graduate school at University of PENN. This is a great school, but also very expansive. It would not discourage me, i will continue to proceed with my dreams and do what i need to. So, on that note, my advice to all, do your school when you can, do not let anything to hold you back. It is easier to do it when you are single and can concentrate on your school only. Otherwise, it can take a looooong time. Thank you all. Good luck.

Takes too long and elective classess takes my time.

Kasey

Alvernia is probably best known for their eclectic offerings for students. The have education, nursing, clinical services ( AT, OT, PT) as well as many course in criminal justice, law and forensics. It is a small campus, only about 2500 students which makes it more appealing to me.

Make sure that you choose a variety and that you take the time to visit the campus. It is best to find a campus that best suits your personality. I chose a small campus becuase it was important to me to be able to have small classes and be able to be engaged in my coursework with my professors. Also take into consideration the surrounding area and make sure that it has all that you feel you need. Lastly, make strong bonds with your dorm mates and develop a network of resourses and friendships.

I like the fact that I am able to begin my major coursework within the first and second year of my degree and that I am able to get my Master's degree in five years. I have made some great friends and we support each other always.

Alvernia University strives to help the community, create responsible citizens, and encourage learning both in and out of the classroom.

When considering a college it is imperative to examine the quality of education, availability of intended major, enthusiasm of professors, available resources, and the amount of possible financial aid. Quality of education, although hard to determine from a few pamphlets and an overnight visit, can be shown through the success rate of alumni in the workforce, the opinions of students attending, and in some cases classroom sizes. If the student is looking for lecture-style classrooms, then he or she should look for schools in which many of the classrooms are structured in that way so as to get the most out of the classroom experience. Similarly, if hoping for one-on-one, approachable professors, then the student may want to examine smaller schools. The quality of education also depends on the program the school has for the student's intended major. This program should be strengthened by internship opportunities and variety in curriculum. College is designed to open the eyes of students to new opportunities, so research the interaction between the institution and community. Finally, make sure that the college is affordable and that financial aid will help with any remaining costs. Happy college hunting!

People who are interested in a small school with attentive professors and friendly students.

Angela

Make sure to meet faculty members and advisors for your childs needs before attending..

I wish I would of knew more about the faculty as though i feel that they dont really care about your well being

Ryan

Alvernia is best known for its business, nursing, and its prelaw academics.

Alvernia is best known for its business, nursing, and its prelaw academics.

Advice i would give parent and students to picking the right campus would be to pick the one that is best known for your major and one that isn't really big but not to small. Another reason would be to pick a campus that they would be living at because i think students that live at campus get a better expierence of being responsible for themselves and a chance of being on their own.

The kind of person that should attend this school would be someone that is open minded abobut other people and easy going with people.

Kaytelin

The most, amazing, brilliant, well-focused, determined, athlete, compassionate people I could ever meet.

Make sure the college is what will be the best enviroment for you or your child to be at. A place were everyone is friendly and willing to help one an another. A place where they can call home and be proud of it. A place where teachers care about their students and are willing to give them more help if and when need. A place that they can say 4 yrs from now that they are proud to be alumni.

How everyone is so friendly and everyone on campus knows each other. We are a great group of kids, having amazing athletes and the professors are amazing. Our school is like one giant family. Everyone is there for each other and care about everyone. If someone is having a bad day everyone makes that person feel better. There is not one day in the school year that I ever feel like my school choice was the worse thing ever.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.