Alvernia University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Alvernia University

Angry

The biggest mistake is attending Alvernia for its graduate program! It lacks professionalism from the staff and facility and it seems that they do not care for the students education! They pick and choose which students to like and that will determine your grade throughout the program! I am ashamed to say I am attending this school. It sucks because I have already put way too much money to withdraw from the program.

natasha

Alvernia University is like a dream college. In fact, I wish I had gone to middle school and high school at Alvernia University. The willingness to help any and all students is superb and unlike any other institution. I was never one who was concerned for my future child or children attending my soon to be alma mate, but this institution is just that great--where I would encourage my children to consider the idea of attending Alvernia University. There's a prestigious police academy on campus, always friendly and polite staff and faculty members, the bathroom's are always spotless, floors are always sparkling and campus safety makes all visitors on campus safe!

Jamie

When looking for an institution that would offer me a credible and affordable MBA program, my first thought was to seek out Alvernia University. The application process and communication from my adviser were effortless. Alvernia is well known among businesses locally and I feel really comfortable knowing my decision was the right one.

Natalie

I love Alvernia University because we're like a family here. It's safe, comfortable, and everyone here wants to help. I never feel like I have nothing to do, and although classes are challenging professors or tutors are always there to help. Alvernias goal is to help their students succeed, not fail.

Sydni

I love going to school here. It's a small school and the campus feels very safe. I wish the food was better though. I'd like to eat something other than pasta for dinner occasionally. The class sizes are awesome, and the professors are always willing to work with you.

SOL MAX

It is my home. I have met some of the greatest people. The faculty is always there when you need them. Small class size

Melinda

Alvernia University offers students to learn, live, and give back within their community. Each individual are given the opportunity to grow within their craft, empowered to dream big, and encouraged to grab their dream in their hand. Alvernia University guides, gives, and allow each individual to experience to learn their craft.

I am a commuter student but from the few dorms I have been into that my friends on campus live in are pretty nice. I did choose to save some money and commute about 35 minutes to campus but I am there frequently after my classes to use the resources in the library. The food on campus is actually amazing and there is a wide variety of food to choose from. I have been to the Courtside Cafe numerous times and highly recommend the bacon ranch fries; you will not be disappointed!

Arielle

Alvernia is a good place for someone looking for individual attention. You have to look for opportunities to really shine, but the faculty is always there to help. There is not a lot in walking distance, but do not be afraid to venture off campus in a car. There are a lot of cute restaurants and shops to explore.

Briana

My overall opinion of Alvernia University is that it is a beautiful place that has great food, amazing professors, and gives a comfy feeling to relax, even when you're in class. School is very stressful but at the end of the day, the campus has a wide variety of things to do, see and experience. I love this school more than anything and I am proud to be a Wolf!

Breanna

Since the first time I stepped foot on Alvernia Universities campus I have felt nothing but at home, welcome and loved. The students and faculty at Alvernia are always there for you and are ready and excited to help. At Alvernia everyone is so involved with activities and making campus safe. Alvernia is such a small and lovely university.

Natalie

I think Alvernia University is a great college to attend. It is a small private school who focuses on the students. Classes are small and professors are always willing to help. The school is very "healthcare major based", meaning a lot of the students are nursing, OT, AT, etc. majors.

Katelyn

I enjoy Alvernia due to the small class sizes and the one on one time I am actually able to get with professors. My only complaint is that being a commuter I do not get notified for on campus activities and feel very left out of a lot of the activities and miss out on doing fun stuff with my friends who live on campus

Jennell

It's not awful and its not amazing. There are, like every college, professor you should avoid and amazing professors. The food is rarely good but they have courtside and that food is amazing. Housing is okay. freshman buildings are a solid 6 outta 10 but upper class buildings are better.

Ally

Alvernia was one of my first chooses when it came to colleges and I am happy I picked this one.

Alvernia University offers many different classes with a lot of bonus' such as small class sizes, unique teaching styles, and many different quiet areas to work on school work. The class size is important because it determines how much time you will receive with your professor and having less people means a lot more time. Also, all the teachers have different teaching styles which gives you a sense of many different ways you learn. Having the many different areas to sit down and finish school work is important, your education is the most important thing and you should use all the resources you can to be as successful as you want to be.

Mallory

I overall enjoyed my 4 years at Alvernia University. My career in nursing has been fruitful because of my time there. I am very grateful for the people I have met and are still friends with. It was expensive however Alvernia is a private institution. It was worth it.

Meilea

Alvernia University was the only college I applied to because I knew that it was the college i wanted to attend. Its campus is absolutely gorgeous, and it has really good transportation options. It is big enough that there are many different majors to choose from and all the classes are big enough, but its small enough that you can walk across campus in under 15 minutes. I love this college.

Allison

It is a great school filled with students and professors who want to learn and become better each day. The food is less than to be desired and the way housing is done leaves students without options. Everything else is great, inclusive, and supportive.

Alvernia is a great university that has many opportunities for students to pursue different majors. However, the sciences are a main focus at the school and the other programs seem to fall off the wayside. All of the professors are very nice and approachable, but it seems as though the courses that are in the sciences, such as nursing and occupational therapy, are the ones that have the most dedicated and challenging professors. The campus itself is beautiful and the sense of community is strong. The food is pretty good for college food, and the resources for the students are also good. There are many things in the surrounding area, but there are also many activities and clubs for students to get involved in. The Office of Student Activities always has something fun going on and sports are always an option too. The athletics are not the greatest at Alvernia, but they are growing in popularity and competitiveness each year. I have heard that the coaching staff on some of the teams are not great, but that the student-athletes themselves are dedicated. Overall, Alvernia University has many options for students to succeed in college and in their lives in general. The school is very science-based, so those programs are amazing. Everything else, as far as majors go, are options but are not as strong as they might be somewhere else.

Evan

When I first applied to Alvernia I wasn't sure how I felt about the school. It is the smallest school I have attended, which was once of my main concerns. I have grown to really appreciate and love our school. The professors are amazing and always available to help, which is different from most schools because with larger schools most professors don't even know half of the students and making appointments is a nightmare. At Alvernia, the professors encourage you to visit their offices anytime and are more than happy to help you with anything, not only their classes. There are a lot of opportunities though out our school, not only academically. When it comes to the social life as well, I haven't met anyone who I haven't liked so far. It is a very friendly environment, and everyone there is mainly focused on their studies.

LaDonna

Alvernia is a fantastic school anyone would be lucky to get accepted and meet there goals. From what i see everyone is dedicated to what they love they help others out and the professors are more than helpful.Food on campus is wonderful it’s healthy and very sizable.

Mitch

I love Alvernia University, and am a big advocate for the family-friendly atmosphere and emphasis on academics. Alvernia challenges me to be an 'ethical leader with moral courage'. This semester I was given the opportunity to study abroad through the Washington Center program in D.C. which is an amazing experience. Alvernia does a great job of providing in-class and out of class opportunities to become broadly educated learners. I do not know where I would be right now if it was not for my mentors and advisors at Alvernia who helped me straighten my path to find my passions.

Cierra

I think that Alvernia has a lot to offer. There is always something going on and the faculty is very caring and supportive. Everyone is treated equally here and I would recommend this school to anyone

james

Alvernia is large enough that you get the feel of being away at college, but small enough to feel like a real part of campus. The class sizes are good and allow you to create a relationship with your Professor. The extra curricular activities are plentiful and give you many opportunities for community service and volunteering. It creates a very positive atmosphere.

Terriene

I love attending Alvernia University. They make me feel welcomed and proud to be a part of the school's culture. They have plenty of activities and opportunities available to all students. Whether you're living on campus or commuting, there are plenty of things to get involved in on and off campus.

Armani

Alvernia is a smaller school where you will see some of the same people everyday and recognize faces. The food is alright with a couple of options here and there. They hold different events here and there that I haven't went to. I only go to them if it benefits me in the classroom. The only main events I go to are sporting events such as football, lacrosse, basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball, softball, etc.. People usually only party on the weekends. The education seems pretty normal as any other college. Professors offer as much help as you can get. All of my classes are walking distances away because I currently live on campus. Overall I think it's a great school except the fact I feel it is too expensive for what they offer.

Dace

It is an amazing environment, with amazing people, food, education, and environment. Alvernia has just added football to its varsity sports! Last year, it was a big hit and will only get bigger! Educationally, the professors are great! The small class sizes really get you one on one time.