Milwaukee, WI
Alverno College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alverno College

Damanique

I would tell myself to take scholarships more serious and apply for more. As a senior in high school I didn't think that scholarships would help I was relying on financial aid to help and when it was too late realized that it doesn't help at all. To save myself the stress I have had as a freshman and sophomore college studnet if I could go back in time and advice myself as a senior in high school my top advice would be to do a better job in finding college funding.

The class sizes are small which makes it easier to interact wth the professors and other classmates.

Michelle

Michelle I know that your teachers, parents, and highschool advisors are pressuring you to attend college immediately after you graduate highschool, because they say if you don't you'll never go back to school. But I urge you to not listen to them! You must take your time, and go when you are in a mentally, and financially healthy place. Equally important Michelle, do not let a jobs income influence your choice of major. It's important that you follow your heart and personal interests and desires, because only they will fuel your drive to complete college and excell in your classes. Last but not least Michelle, I know your social anxiety gets in the way of your ability to meet knew people, but you must not fear living in the college dorms. In fact I strongly reccomend that you live in a college dorm for one year, because it will help college become a home for you, which is a good thing trust me! The dorms will help you to make new friends and living on campus will keep you focused by providing a quiet study enviroment and friends you can relate to. Good Luck! I love you!

I consider Alverno College to be a great school to attend for a college degree, because the class sizes are small, group work is highly emphasized, special attention is paid to public speaking skills, and the teachers and staff truly care about students.

Students of middle class familys who are not yet 24 years old, and are considered by the federal government to be dependents of their family should not attend Alverno college. Yes Alverno is a great school however, it is a private school and very expensive and i know first hand the burden of trying to afford school by working full time while attending school.

cynthia

If I could go back to speak to myself with the knowledge I have now it would be a short conversation. I would start with saying college is all about you. Every decision you make from this point on will determine the success you have in college. It's important for you to start mapping out your long term goals now, if they change along the way its ok. Continue to know that your family loves and support you with everything you do’ even if it doesn't always seem that way. On your journey to a higher education you will face many challenges, but there is nothing you can’t get through. Keep confidence in yourself and wake up every day knowing you have a purpose in this life.

Alverno does not have anything that frustrates me. Any issues that i have faced have been taken care of in a very timely manner.

Josilin

The advice that I would give myself at a high school senior is to just keep doing what I was doing. I would still commute the two hours everyday to my university, I would still work full time, and I would still work just as hard as I did. Who I was my first year of college made me who I am today. I now have my first year of college paid off and I am now living less than one block away from my school with enough scholarships to where I can pay off my second year of college.

An amazing all-girls undergraduate college with a pass/fail grading system where students meet specific criteria for our eight core abilities: communication, analysis, problem solving, social interaction, valuing, aesthetic engagement, developing a global perspective, and effective citizenship.

The ability-based curriculum and the emphasis on self-assessment is what makes Alverno College stand out from any other college. In the real world, you are not graded but judged on your ability to complete tasks efficiently. Therefore, the bulk of our work here includes giving presentations, completing projects, and writing papers; any assessments we have are typically filled with essay or short answer questions. Upon completing an assignment or assessment, students evaluate how well they met the criteria using evidence from their work. Accurately assessing one's own work is an important skill to have upon graduating.

Alisha

Classmates are very helpful when you don't quite understand what is going on,it's better to get a students perspective. Everyone in the class environment gets along. The class structure is group settings and a lot of culture diversity which everyone gets to know everyone.

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that I have found the person I am, a strong, determined, inspiring young woman. Also, escaping my shell and making friends that I consider family. Throughout my high school years I had struggled academically and never would have thought about going to college because I considered myself "not smart enough." Walking through Alverno's doors, I had a feeling that I was meant to go to this school, every faculty at Alverno was and still is supportive and helpful. Alverno has a variety of resources and opportunities to become successful. With the small classes, I get more one on one interaction with my classmates and professors which is better for me to learn whether than being known as a number and not knowing my classmates. Alverno is very valuable to attend because they don’t use letter grades to grade you, they have successful or unsuccessful. Also, every assignment you do whether it is homework, assessments, or quizzes the professors gives you feedback on areas you did well on and what you need to improve.

I wouldn't consider anything a "worst thing" but there is limited parking that can be a hassle and can usually make you late for class when you are spending 10 minutes finding a parking spot.

sylvia

Alverno College is the best choice for me. I am a full time mother and employee that is able to have a flexible school schedule and still be able to achieve 18 credits per semester. Alverno has made me into a strong, confident woman that is not afraid to pursue her goals. I have become a good role model for my daughters.

Too much group projects and public speaking

KayeLoni

I have received the knowledge of knowing that I am capable of doing any job I so choose to do in the future. I have the capabilties and abilities to teach others, and be respectful of others around me. This college was valuable for me to attend because it reminded me so much of myself, private, woman, determined. I have never had such great teachers in my life, most whom I feel actually care about me. I feel empowered, and have gained so much confidence from this school that was long missing.

I wish I had known the major that was my real calling. I'm still not sure what my calling is, but I do enjoy the major I am in now of Professional Communications.

Madelyn

I've only been in college for one year, but I have gotten so much out of it in this short period of time. I have made friends that will last for life and I have gained more knowledge in my major, psychology. Attending college helped me to build some character and to become more independent. I have learned how to take care of myself and become more responisble. I have learned how to figure things out on my own and I have had fun with all of the challenges college presents. College has been a great experience and I hope to eventually receive my Masters in psychology.

Alverno College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.