Milwaukee, WI
Alverno College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alverno College

Tricia

Alverno college is a very friendly campus with great resources for students and offers and outstanding education.

When you say your going to school be commited as to not waste your time, money and talent by being non-commital. Be active and participate within the campus, get involved! Grow to learn the faculty and meet students, enjoy time at school. Don't over stress about homework, do your best and know ennough is enough. One last piece of advice, have fun!

The kind of person that should attend Alverno college shall come with many different personality traits, such as a positive attitude, independent, caring heart and loves to help others. The students at Alverno act as a team, so you should be willing to work with groups and assist other students in various ways. We at Alverno are commited to a successful education, which prepares you for the world and hit the ground running.

Nou

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many qualified scholarships as possible. If I do not know how to look for scholarships, I would tell myself to ask my counselor for help. Also, I can go online and look for scholarhips. The reason why I am giving myself this advice is because college is expensive and tuition is increasing as time goes by. By applying for scholarships, you will at least get some money to help with tuition, books, and other necessities for college.

The best thing I considered about Alverno College is how i can easily schedule time with my advisor. Since there is not a lot of students at Alverno, the advisors have more free time. If i need to change my schedule, major, or whatever, i know that i can count on my advisor.

I constantly tell my friends that Alverno College is stress free. What I mean by that is when you compare the class size of Alverno to a university, there is a huge difference. Alverno has small class sizes which allows students to have more one-on-one time with the professor. That is extremely helpful when you do not understand something in class.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I would tell myself to pay more attention and study harder. My father was sick a lot so I missed out on a lot of school, this led me to fall behind in classes and get poor grades. I would tell myself to focus on my school work and not my friends or other situations. Your school work and your grades are the keys to the future. If you do not succeed in high school you may not get into a good college. If you do not go to college you may end up working a dead end job the rest of your life. I would tell myself to buckle down and study hard.

The best thing about our school is the class sizes. Our class sizes consist of 20-30 students. This is great because it allows the professors to interact one on one with the students rather than being lectured with 100 other students.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of a student union or pool. Most Universities have student unions where a student can go to relax and unwind after a long day of class and studying. Our school does not have this since we are a smaller school.

As an informal student who waited a year after graduating high school to go to college, I would tell myself not to worry so much about paying for school. Since I have to pay for my own education, I spent a lot of my senior year worrying about how much debt I'd be in. Instead of finding a counselor or teacher to help me fill out a FAFSA, I decided to stay out of college for a year and work to save up money. If I could, I would shake some sense into myself for thinking that I wouldn't be able to afford going to a private college! There are so many scholarships, aid and grants available that most students, like me, don't take advantage of. Had I applied to more scholarships when I had all of that time as a senior, I would probably be going to college for free right now. For now though, I have to work to pay for school until I graduate...or get a scholarship!

There are many more positive things about my school than negatives. Since the classes are smaller, students get more one-on-one time with their professors. Without a grading system, teachers do not just give a pass or fail; teachers give extensive feedback about the strengths and areas for improvement in each project or essay completed. Multiple choice tests are virtually non-existent at Alverno, most final assessments are papers, projects and presentations. These final assessments always include a "self-assessment" where you evaluate how well you did; teachers look this over and provide their opinion on your accuracy.

You cannot slack off or skip out of classes at Alverno! Most teachers have attendance requirements: three unexcused absences (and sometimes even excused absences) and you are out. Since Alverno works with a pass/fail system instead of a grading scale, students can get confused about how well they are doing in each class. Moreover, students may feel less motivated to do their best work since they are not being graded on it.

Jared

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now I would tell myself that I can do it on my own, without my mother or my father. I would tell myself not to procrastinate with life and most of all I would tell myself to believe in yourself. When I was a college senior, my mother was using heroin, I didn't know my father, my grandmother just had passed from breast cancer, and I was living in my own apartment. It took me until I was 22 until I got my life together enough to get enrolled in college, I still don't know my father and I don't really speak to my mother because she sold the laptop I recieved from my aunt for college. It's not all bad though I am now engaged and have a child on the way, and I'm just started at the University of Phoenix. Thank you.

Tahani

They are very friendly. Everyone is active and willing to help each other out.

They are very friendly. Everyone is active and willing to help each other out.

The advice that i would give myself is to study more, worker harder, over achieve what i knew i could and to actually do my four years not graduate a year earlier.

what i consider to be the worst thing about my school is that the campus is very small. which means there are less areas for sitting and studying. i also consider the library to be the worst thing. i would have thought of it to be bigger for a college.

Katie

They are easy to get along with and very helpful.

They are easy to get along with and very helpful.

I would tell myself that the first semester is the hardest. It is hard to adjust to living on campus and get used to harder classes, but after a semester, college is a lot better than you think at first. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to meet new people.

Registration for classes for the next semester

Melissa

It's a great school if you don't want to feel like a "number"-you get personal attention from your professors which is very helpful.

Yeimidy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that I need to focus more on my grades and my work. I should stop procrastinating, because sometimes there are no second chances in life like I?ve received in high school. I need to become more responsible and see the consequences my actions have in the future. I would tell me that I can make a difference if I just concentrate more. I would tell myself this in high school because I lost focus of what was important. I now attend a good college and I have the opportunity to reach my goals in life. My goal in life is to be Pediatrician, I am majoring in chemistry and nursing. I am prepared to face on the challenges I have ahead of me. I was a high school senior who just needed some motivation and with the support of my family I hope to accomplish my goal in life.

Alverno College is an all girl school. Its focused on motivating women to make a difference and become more independent . Alverno is for students that feel more comfortable with smaller class rooms. Alverno focuses on small groups; disscusions between students are very important at Alverno because the professors evaluate you on how well you understood the subject and how well you can paraphrase it and compare and contrast.

Alverno College doesn't give grades, like other colleges/universities do. Alverno is more about improving your work. Instead of giving you a grade they give you feedback so that you can improve on your next assignment. Alverno has a pass or fail curriculum but if you prefer a GPA your advisor can always help you with that.

Kaoyong

My school is best known for having smaller classes and a good nursing program.

My school is best known for having smaller classes and a good nursing program.

Going to college is going to get me somewhere in life and provide me happiness later, because I will be able to have a career that I love and enjoy doing. Also, meet new friends and people along the way who could change my life. Going to college and furthering my education will help me to gain knowledge and become a better person, which shows others that I have challenged myself to keep going to school and pursue my dreams. It will especially make my parents proud because they all want me and my siblings to all go to college and further our education. In addition, going to college makes you more independent, and feel more of like an adult. If I didn't go to college, I would be missing out on a lot of things that could change and help me in life.

The worst thing about my school is the cost. It is very expensive and not affordable. The tuition for nurses goes up every year, which causes some sudents to stress out even more.

Alverno College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.