Alverno College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Alverno College

Brianna

I believe that Alverno College is an extremely underrated school. It is small, so the benefits are extremely apparent. The college treats you like an individual, not just like another person attending. The class sizes range from 10-25 people per class, so you get to know your classmates and instructors (which is what we call our professors). There aren't any lecture halls, so you get one-on-one communication with your instructor. As far as working on campus, they make sure you still have plenty of time to get your schoolwork done while still making money. Alverno is one of the best schools I have looked into, and I do not regret one bit coming here. It really feels like a home away from home.

Olivia

I am only a freshman at Alverno, but I have loved every second of my time here. I am proud to be a student at Alverno. The people are friendly, the housing is great, the location is safe, and most importantly the food is great! Overall, I love Alverno college's atmosphere.

Alejandra

Alverno College is amazing place where women can flourish in every way. We are challenged academically in order to find our passion. We encouraged by all to speak up and express ourselves without worrying about barriers that would hinder us. It's a wonderful place to learn, grow, and love.

I think Alverno is a very good school. I am very pleases to start in the fall and start taking y classes for my Biomedical Science major. Once I am done I am very exited to head to Medical School. My ultimate goal id to become a surgeon and help the people who are un insured. Alverno is opening my doors and leading me to my ultimate goal. I love that they have all the resources for me to head to Medical School.

Nyree

To begin with, my overall opinion of Alverno College would be a very helpful place to be if a student is looking for a school that has small class sizes in order for the professors to get to know you personally. They want to see you succeed in any way possible so students have access to whatever they need, whenever they need it. Alverno College is a very personal and one-on-one place to come to if you need a college like that in order to be successful with your future plans. It is also a fun place to be while you are also serious about your work. They off lots of opportunities for work-study as well, so if a student is looking for a job there is always something to apply for on campus. Being that this will be my first year at Alverno, I can honestly say I love it here and I would recommend this school to all women looking for a college that has many benefits and one-on-one time that you would need from your professors!

Yuliana

I am entering my junior year and at first I was very skeptical about coming here because who wants to go to an all girl catholic school right? Well, I love my school. The vibe there is so positive and encouraging. My professors bring the best out of me that I didn't even know I had. Overall, the college feels like a small high school but a mature version of it. There is a lot of cliques and you notice it especially at lunch time. There is a lot of community work that can be done and trust me, if you get nervous when speaking in front of people, that will disappear at Alverno College. I'm so glad I came here and there's no boys to distract you!

Alverno College is different than others schools. Better in the best ways possible. I am a freshman still trying to find my purpose, but I can speak for myself and the other freshman in my grade and say that adjusting to dorm life, classrooms, material covered, and life outside of school would not be as accessible or easier compared to any other schools. Alverno provides an insanely large amount of opportunities for students to be involved, within the student body and even individually. They are very good at planning events and allowing students to destress throughout the week. The staff and faculty are all about genuine connections. From the chef who's cooking your eggs in the morning to your chemistry teacher you see every 3 times a week, all they have in common are their genuine and open attitudes towards teaching and giving. The teachers are almost always available as long as you do your part as a student and reach out to them. They are very quick to emails and feedback (which is our school's grading system), which lets you know immediately how you did. Not having percentage grades seems crazy to individuals who have never done it before. However, Alverno's grading system allows for student growth. The school strives to look at each of its students as their own individual rather than a number or statistic they put on their website. When struggling, the school is quickly looking for solutions and ways to solve problems. Most importantly, the school is based on their 8 abilities. These abilities are communication, problem solving, social interaction, effective citizenship, analysis, valuing, developing a global perspective, and esthetic engagement. Each of these are components are a important part developing a professional career, which is why Alverno basis their education off of these abilities. They pursue to instill these into their students before they graduate, so they are ready to face the professional world when they leave.

Brianne

I love Alverno it is a school that relies heavily on academics and the students there are there to learn. I feel very connected to all of my professors, who want to see me succeed. One thing that I wish would change at Alverno is how involved the academic housing is, there were a few instances that happened throughout the year and it felt like even though housing was involved nothing was really accomplished.

Erika

The teachers are always there to help. They always want to see us succeed. Academics are awesome because they are based on self assessment, so we can really see what we can improve on constantly. Alverno is not just about grades, it is about learning as much as you can and putting that knowledge to use and making a difference in the world.

Rebecca

I love Alverno, even if there are some aspects that could be better. Most of the instructors that I've had have been helpful, and I enjoy my classes.

I really like Alverno College, it's warm and inviting but expensive. I love how they focus more on the student as a person than the number on our school ID. The class setting is nice and small, it's way better than those everyday lecture halls that they have at larger colleges. Overall Alverno is pretty great.

Alyssa

Alverno College is a wonderful college for females. The school ensures their students have every opportunity to be the absolute best they can be. They also make sure you know that being a woman is something to be proud of, and it doesn't and should not limit you whatsoever. I recommend it to those who may even be a little intimidated by college, and afraid of getting help, because you always will have a helping hand. Alverno College has turned me into the strong, motivated, and hard working woman I am today, and I still have plenty of time to continue the growth.

Miranda

Alverno has a very welcoming atmosphere and the grading system really pushes the students to do their best. The students are very interested in actually learning the material and it is very obvious that they are passionate about what they are learning.

alexa

Alverno is a great school! The minute you take a step into that school you feel at home! Classes are small so you can recognized easily by classmates and have more one on one time with professors! I truly recommend this college for any girl looking for an all girls school!

Saraith

Alverno College does more than guide you through a life of excellence and commitment to the world. Undoubtedly, Alverno encourages a devoted community in which students are constantly challenged for their academic quality and community participation.

This is my first semester but so far I am loving it! I was able to get a lot of credits already based on classes I took in high school. For example, because I took and did well in calculus already I was able to get credit for both College Algebra and Trigonometry. The professors are always willing to meet out of class. I have some physical disabilities and the school was very willing to work with me to set up a plan to help me out including extra time to complete assessments if need be and extra time to complete assignments if I need it. My only complaint would be food. I can't eat gluten and that limits my options a bit so I end up eating a lot of salads. The other students and the professors are really supportive and genuinely want everyone to succeed. I absolutely recommend Alverno!

Jazlyn

Alverno College is an wonderful school, where women can always get help and support from teachers. Also, the students are great supporters as well. I'm very glad I attended Alverno College because I can be comfortable with myself, and make friends along the way.

Anna

Overall, I have been fairly impressed with the learning opportunities I have been provided at Alverno. The teachers, especially within the Music Therapy department, are incredibly accommodating and have many years of experience between them. Likewise, there are tons of networking opportunities and you can tell everyone, including the staff, want to see you succeed as not only a student, but as an individual especially after graduation.

Merub

Alverno College is a dream of mine. It is a college that would give me every opportunity I need to be successful. I have no doubt that I would learn all the skills I need as I prepare to apply to medical school in the future. Another reason I want to attend Alverno College is the incredible teaching staff. The professors take time to personally get to know each student. I know that I would not just be another student in the crowd. My professors will care enough to make sure I experience success in each of their classes.

Alexandra

My hart has grew found for Alverno. I has given me new insight and has really made a difference in my life; especially when I had a rough time finding myself a few years back. Alverno challenges its' students, but also provides them with great professors and a money-worthy education. The curriculum may seem impossible, and you may question your abilities, but if you push through it all, it will be a very rewarding in the end

Adilene

Personally, I love Alverno. I've learned so much from both the faculty and students. I feel so safe, comfortable and welcome every time I go. I feel like there are so many friendly people to get to know and you really learn so much. The class sizes being small makes learning fun for me because I get a lot of one on one with my professors and I feel like I learn a lot more.

Vanessa

Alverno college has been very welcoming. the small classrooms make for a lot more one on one time with professors, this I feel is great for those of us who don't do well in big groups. Another thing that I feel is great about the Alverno is that we do a lot of small group activities and highly focus on communication. although it has only been my first semester here I already feel as if Alverno has really helped me improve my communication skills and made me a better speaker, listener and a better team player.

Shaye

Overall I rated it a 5/5 because of the academics, campus life, extracurriculars offered, and class sizes. The teachers all let you use their first name and are always available when needed. Every academic program is very competitive but that is how you end up prepared for your job field.

Danielych

Alverno College is like your home away from home even if you don't live on campus. I feel so comfortable there. Everyone is so kind and helpful, students, professors, and other faculty. Everyone cares about you, and they want to make sure that you pass all of your classes. It's an expensive school but most of your professors understand that which is why they try so hard to help everyone so they won't have to pay for the same class again. There is always something fun going on every week.

Jenna

I think it's an amazing college and I'm very happy and comfortable here. The academics are very good and staff and students are all very kind. Everybody treats each other with respect and professors are glad to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Honestly a very great school and I'm glad I attend.

Mackenzie

The overall opinion of Alverno College is that I enjoy the atmosphere as I walk around the campus. Everyone is so kind, makes everyone feel welcomed, and I just enjoy what Alverno has to offer! But another thing that I enjoy is their programs that they have!

Gabrielle

I love Alverno! Since it is such a small school, everyone knows you and is looking out for your academic success. The classes are engaging and interactive. Because Alverno doesn't do traditional grades, you are given feedback on every assignment you turn in. This means that there is no limit to the amount you can learn!

Genesis

It's an excellent college, where it makes you feel special. The small group of classes allows students and instructors to have better communication. Alverno is the college for every woman like me, wishing to accomplish academically and see their dreams come true. Without a doubt, Alverno is the best college!