New York, NY
American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York

Anjeleen

In the Summer of 2016, I first joined the American Academy of Dramatic Arts as a student in their summer program. Not only did I want theater training away from my state of Florida, but I also wanted to test out the school and see if it was the right place for me. At the end of the summer program I knew this was school I wanted to learn at! I've never felt more comfortable and accepted than being at AADA. The teachers are inspiring and are always available if we need help. Students are kind and generous no matter the situation. Also, the historic campus is refreshing as well as motivating with previous alumni and awards displayed all around the school. The American Academy made such an impact that summer that I decided to enroll for their full-time degree program. Luckily, I was accepted and I am very excited to start this fall.

Brytta

I wish they had more financial aide opportunities for first year students, because schools in New York City are expensive. I am an only child with a single parent. I work 3 jobs and my parent works 3 as well. Any financial aide is helpful, but the academy did not give me much.

The best thing about the academy is that they are very open minded. They want you to explore all of your creativity. They want you to dig down deep to see who you really are to discover yourself. Out of all the schools I auditioned for they were the most welcoming and made me feel at home too.

Going into my second year of college, but now transferring into a different school the best advice I have for my old self, would be to never give up on your dreams and never let anyone tell you that your dreams will not come true. In my senior year I auditioned for several college theater programs and did not get accepted into a single one. All my friends told me to get a back-up career. I refused to listen to any of them and went to college in New York City with an undeclared major and was able to study theater in the greatest city in the world. I found two amazing acting and vocal coaches that I worked with to get into my dream school, The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, to major in acting. I worked so hard and never gave up because I knew that my dreams would come true. I would tell my old self to never ever give up on your dreams. Going after your dreams is the most important thing in life and will make you truly happy.

American Academy of Dramatic Arts-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.