Atlanta, GA
American InterContinental University-Atlanta

Extracurricular Activities

Nearby Shops and Services

shari

I would tell my high school self to continue to stay focused. I would encourage myself to remain on course with what I want to be. I would advise myself not to take advantage of student loans, but rather to apply for scholarships. I would remind myself of advantageous benefits and groups who would sponsor me to further my education. I would tell myself to take advantage of the athletic scholarships offered to me and I would reach out to the coaches a little more. I would remind myself of the three courses of action possible in the event of injury. Ultimately I would continue to motivate myself to do well. Excellence breeds opportunity.

The fact that education advisors change so often. This breaks continuity and lends a new person to understand my academic needs.

Shamika

I would tell myself to stay focused and don't procrastinate for applying for colleges. I would also tell myself to look more into the colleges I was interested in and research each college in depth before I make a major decision in which college I want to attend. Take everything into consideration, the choices I make as well as the friends I hanged out with. Do my best and never give up.

Deanna

I would tell myself not to give up and do not procrastinate of college. The more you procrastinate, the more time is being wasted.

American Intercontinental is a private for-profit school. It is one of the best universities. However, I have to say it isn't a non-profit instution. With that being said, the tution is automatically much higher than other universities in Georgia. In today's economy, it is hard for students with low income, such as myself, to pay for school.

I tell them that it is a highly recognized school. They have a lot to offer and a variety of programs to choose from. It is also in a great location.

Diana

My school is best known for its small campus and for its help to other. Currently, there are an estimate 1,000 students attending La Sierra University. In southern California, finding a small campus with small population is extremely difficult. Six percent of our classrooms hold more than thirty students. The student faculty ratio is is 16:1. During chapel, we are always reminded that we should respect others and help others in need. Being sister schools with Loma Linda University, we do a lot of mission trips to other countries to serve others. Helping others in need is vital.

Christa

They are eager to learn.

They are eager to learn.

I haven't enrolled just yet. My classes start March 25, 2013. One thing I can say that I wish I had known before I applied is that you may have to pay for your tuition out of pocket. If your like me moving from another city with not a lot of money in your pocket, thats an issue. They have payment plans for each academic year, that can be really expensive depending on your major.

Hurlean

Go to one school and one school only to complete your degree, even though I'm working hard to option my degree work even harder to be the best you can be to become employed in what your degree specializes.

Always perfect your craft as a Visual Communications student, there is so much that the school can give an individual. However, if you want to truly invest in the education that you receive from AIU, it best to utilize the resources that you have and speak to the instructors and student about all the extra knowledge that you may need to succeed outside of the institution. American Inercontinental University can offer a student a lot on the education side if he or she is willing to open their mind.

As for myself, I felt as American Intercontinental University, is a learning facility that made sure that their students understood what the learning process for type of degree that their earning. I knew that I wanted to be a graphic designer but I didn't fully understand what it took to be a graphic designer. I knew AIU was the school that wouldn't just take my tuition but help me understand what I'm doing if being a graphic artist is what I'm really striving to become.

Wyatt

American Intercontinental University is a school dedicated to preparing students for todays rapidly developing society.

The unique trait that my school has compared to others is that my school has opened their doors to me and allowed me to join a live campus of talented students.

A urge to develope and maintain self-responsibilities in todays society is what I have gotten from my college experience. The view that I have on my life now is that it is honestly up to me to determine my outcome with the development and help of college education. Attending college has been valuable due to the fact that Im making a difference In my own future with the help of people that in part are giving me the ability to turn and do the same for someone else. My education is not free, its an investment made from multiple places and it is valuable to attend for me.

evena

I learned that even though I got the freedom to be on my own it does not mean I can neglect the important thing in my life (my education). Being in college is not something to be taking lightly and for granted because without a college education I don't think , no scratch that I know I will not make it to the place I want to be without that education.

So far the people because they take their time to call you and follow up on you are doing and if you have any question tell you not to hesitate calling them.

I don't really know much about it yet because I don't start until january 1st.

Yvette

Attending college has given me confidence that I lacked before. I love the fact that I am soon going to be a college graduate. It makes me proud as a single parent that has chiildren I want to one day attend college. It has helped me to show them that you can succeed and accomplish your dreams no matter the obstacles that life puts in your way.

I wish I had known that this school is a corporation and only about making money and not about the students, our education or future careers.

They allow anyone into the school without the proper education. (High school diploma, GED, unable to read or write, etc.)

Brian

My school is innovative, cutting edge and very condusive to my educational needs, as far as sparking the flames of inspiration to create my own future.

What I've gotten out of my college experience is a new sense of my ability to achieve and succeed. My dreams are reawaked to what I can do to better not only my life, but that of my wife and 3 children, as well as the lives of those within my sphere of influence.

The best thing about my school is it's flexibility in how I can achieve success.

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.